• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler IS LINK GOING TO PROPOSE!?!

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I was watching the new Skyward Sword trailer and I see Link kneeling down in front of Zelda. At the time, it's no biggy to me, being 7a.m., but while at school I made the connection. Kneeling down like that usually means either he's bowing down to royalty (which she isn't) or he's proposing. It just was really shocking to me when I realized this. What do you think. Will Link propose? Do you think Nintendo should have Link propose? How will Link propose if he can't talk? Please respond!

BombchuPwns!

MAKE PASTA NOT WAR
Wow! Havent realized that! Zelda's probalbly going to say, "Do you really mean this, Link?" It would be interesting though, maybe they can get married at the end of the game!

I was watching the new Skyward Sword trailer and I see Link kneeling down in front of Zelda. At the time, it's no biggy to me, being 7a.m., but while at school I made the connection. Kneeling down like that usually means either he's bowing down to royalty (which she isn't) or he's proposing. It just was really shocking to me when I realized this. What do you think. Will Link propose? Do you think Nintendo should have Link propose? How will Link propose if he can't talk? Please respond!

She's been referred to as a "Servant of the Goddess", which doesn't necessarily mean Royalty, but definitely sounds like Clergy....which would still require some level of respect, I believe.

So I honestly think the scene you are referring to is simply Link being courteous and respectful towards a friend and person of influence. Also, he may "like, like" her as well, and he is trying to gain her favor...similar to the way Knights of the Middle Ages are represented in literature and art.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Whoa, didn't see this one coming. No, I don't think it's going to be anything like that. One, that's probably not how it would be done in a Zelda game. Two, Zelda appears to be some sort of higher rank in Skyloft, so he's probably showing some sort of respect during a ceremony, or something.

demonsxlr8

Join the Dark Slide! :D
wow, it's a possibility. o:

@Erebea the new trailer starts at 4.51 ; link 'proposing' at 4.55

[video=youtube;lFzfx8f9tGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFzfx8f9tGM[/video]

V

vegito7192

Nah, he's just doing it out of respect.

I'm new btw, nice to meet you guys :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

No, he's bowing out of respect, and what's more, out of acceptance of Zelda's new station. If you've seen it mentioned, Link and Zelda were childhood friends in Skyloft, and this scene will change everything their future would have otherwise become. Maybe he's also saying goodbye, inclining his head in some a sort of farewell. But one thing is certain: Link will have to return home, as he has always in each game I remember playing.

W

Webber1900

I think it would be interesting if that really happened, but I doubt that...

She's been referred to as a "Servant of the Goddess", which doesn't necessarily mean Royalty, but definitely sounds like Clergy....which would still require some level of respect, I believe.

So I honestly think the scene you are referring to is simply Link being courteous and respectful towards a friend and person of influence. Also, he may "like, like" her as well, and he is trying to gain her favor...similar to the way Knights of the Middle Ages are represented in literature and art.

On a slightly unrelated note, a friend of mine I spoke to earlier today thought that maybe Lord Ghirahim is infatuated with Zelda. Boy, did that send me on a loop! :S

Anyway, I can agree with BamaLynx. Link's bowing down might just be a sign of utmost respect to Zelda; perhaps in a similar fashion to real-world knights of medieval times. But if the possibility of a wedding exists...just wow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Yeah I think he's doing it for respect, that would be a little strange if Link proposed to Zelda (it would not be impossible but a little strange in a Zelda game)

No link is not going to propose, because if you look at the part in the video zelda gives her hand to link and then link bows down so this not ture and if link were to propose to zelda then he must have saved her and had the green tunic after that. So I think link is inviting zelda to fly with him like when knights invite fair madines to the ball. So I don't think tha is likly knowing link wouldn't propose in his begining of the game clothes.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Engagements don't necessarily work like that in Hyrule. They might not even have formal engagements like we do today.

Lol how do you know? Have you ever been to Hyrule? Anyways, I actually thought that he WAS proposing the second I saw that... I'm still not convinced that he's NOT proposing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom