• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Is it just me?

Is it just me or do others feel the same? - I couldn't stand this game.

For the record I've beaten all the official zelda games and loved most of them. But Hyrule Warriors is, of course, very different.

I found the game too confusing and didn't know what to do half the time. I put the game down during that lost woods mission. It is the only 'zelda' game that I have never beaten (apart from some other spinoffs that I haven't played).

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Its probably not just you but I don't feel this way myself. I found the game so easy to know what it is you are doing. It is mostly mindless hack and slash and following the instructions on screen. Not confusing at all really.

Its probably not just you but I don't feel this way myself. I found the game so easy to know what it is you are doing. It is mostly mindless hack and slash and following the instructions on screen. Not confusing at all really.
The game is very easy in parts and very hard in other parts. There's little in the way of middle ground actually. Sure better weapons and more levels help but because the armour badges and heart pieces to nothing to get the A Rank on most stages you just have to get very good and have a little luck on your side. There are a few stages I did and damn they were hard. And we're talking with a Lv175 Link with a maxed out 450 weapon.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I found the game too confusing and didn't know what to do half the time. I put the game down during that lost woods mission. It is the only 'zelda' game that I have never beaten (apart from some other spinoffs that I haven't played).

1) How is it confusing, everything is pretty to understand from beginning to end.

2) Seriously? I see you saying that about the adventure mode but the story mode? Really? The story mode was the easiest mode in the game. Fast and simple. Sure there is some difficulty at times but it's actually pretty easy when you know what you're doing. It was fairly easy for me.

I don't understand why you think the game's confusing. The game tells you what to do all the time, so I don't know what you mean that the game was confusing to you.

@G-King It can get difficult at times, but only in Adventure Mode. Hell, I'm pretty sure I still get my butt kicked despite being several levels higher. The difficulty's very inconsistent.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Site Staff
Well right off the bat a lot of fans should have realised this game was going to be very different from a canon zelda game. A lot of websites reviews of the game, that is including those found here, made it clear that fans of the canon games probably wouldn't like Hyrule Warriors.

Now if one happened to be a fan of dynasty warriors, and enjoyed Zelda then HW would probably be something that person would enjoy. Honestly I didn't find it to be that bad. I thought it was a interesting twist to the series, and for a non-canon game the plot was interesting.

The game's pretty much just an acquired taste. Those not used to hack and slash, Dynasty Warriors style, would of course find it weird to play, especially those that are Zelda fans.

Except for a few exceptions, the game's pretty much straightforward so I can't see how it can be confusing. All you really have to do on Legend mode is see what your allies are saying, follow their instructions, and go whack-a-mole on every enemies you see :3 It's pretty easy. Adventure mode, of course, is different, especially when doing Twilight and Termina maps.

The game's not confusing, but I can see how it's tough to prioritize. Some missions give you a bunch of objectives at once, and it can be hard to say which ones to pursue and which ones to let go if you're short on time.

If you're having trouble prioritizing instructions, keep in mind that a lot of the times the NPCs will do a lot of work for you. The idea is to make sure there's enough of them. Whenever the game sends you one direction, try to capture outposts and keeps on the way. (There are some exceptions.)

Whenever you capture a keep, that keep starts spawning NPCs on your side. Whenever the enemy captures a keep, that keep spawns enemies. The more keeps you have on your side, the less you have to babysit, the less you have to run back and save NPC characters, etc.

Also keep an eye out for dark red dots on the map. Those are stronger enemies who are capable of capturing keeps back from you.

There's usually periods in each mission where you don't have a lot of secondary requirements and can run around capturing keeps. Take advantage of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom