• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is It Just Me....?

M

MountainTroll

Or does jumping while sailing make you sail faster? i don't know. i always do that, and my friends call me an idiot. what do you guys think? what dumb things do you do in zelda games?

jugglaj91

I am me....
I tend to jump the boat just for something to do. I myself see it as slowing down but I don't think it helps one way or the other.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I alwasy roll while running or backflip the whole time. It goes faster for me but if it really is going faster I don't know. I don't think jumping the boat makes it go faster but it somehow makes it more fun to sail around. I do the same. Not always but very often. I think to press the button everytime makes it seem like it go faster than usual.

David

But you called me here...
I haven't noticed any difference in speed when I've done it. If you want, why don't you time traveling from one place to another jumping, and time it with jumping. Make sure its the same path and all. Do it a few times each, both ways, and average it, find the standard deviation, oh... that's not necessary (stupid stats teaching me how to take proper data...). But doing it a few times and reporting all of the times would be awesome. I'd like to see the results and then we can put this claim to rest properly with facts.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I tend to make the boat jump when I'm sailing too, especially if I'm not exploring new parts of the ocean. I don't think it makes much of a difference in speed either way, though I suppose that could be the case.

I think it seems faster mainly because it can make sailing more entertaining. This would be especially true if you tend to get board while sailing, as this would relieve some of that boredom. As they say, time flies when you're having fun. :)

Then again, it could be true that it actually makes the boat go faster. Perhaps it's a little of both?

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
For me, it feels as if jumping during sailing makes the boat go faster, but in reality, I do not think it makes a difference in speed at all.

It slows you down if you jump constantly. If you just jump every now and then, it makes no actual difference to your speed. It just *feels* like you're going faster because it breaks up the monotony.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It can help if you're sailing against the wind. Sail about 45 degrees to the left of where you want to go, then jump and make a sharp right turn while you're in the air. This will turn the rudder all the way to the right and you'll make a much sharper turn when you land than if you hadn't jumped, all the way to 45 degrees to the right of where you want to go. Zigzag back and forth until you get there, catching some wind as you move sideways to speed you up. It takes some practice, but with the amount of sailing in that game one can become quite the expert.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
I kill Cuccos and kill myself. Then again, who doesn't?

Oh, yeah, speaking of which, if you try to attack a Cucco in Twilight Princess, you'll turn into one. Try it out for yourself!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Actually, it kinda does make you go faster. But it's hard to notice. But if you really wanna go faster on your boat, it's simple; put away and take out your sail repeatedly, over and over and over again. Y'know, like A, Y, A, Y, A, Y, A, Y... very quickly over and over again. You'll go faster. Want proof? Throw the boomerang and sail normally. It'll catch up to you in no time. Next, throw your boomerang and then quickly do the repetitve button pressing trick I mentioned. Your boomerang won't catch up to you untill you stop or screw up. In fact, your boat will match the boomerang's speed. Try it. It works.

Kafei

M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN
I've always wondered the same thing... I just assumed that King of Red Lions and a fetish for jumping :p although it pushes you forward, i don't think that it would really increase your speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom