• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Anyone else Excited for Sonic Colors?

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
This may be surprising, but I have actually been a Sonic fan for much longer than I've been a Zelda fan. As a lot of people probably know, Sonic has been struggling as of late. The closest Sonic has come to greatness is in the Day Stages of Sonic Unleashed, but, seeing how the Night Stages were awful, they pretty much ruined the game. Thankfully, in Sonic Colors, they are doing the whole game based on the Day Stages. After seeing Sonic Team try and fail again and again, this game looks very promising. Is anyone else excited for this game?

Even though I probably shouldn't be, I really am. The modern Sonic titles have been OKAY. I'm not going to go hating on Secret Rings, Unleashed, or Black Knight, because those games were OKAY. Not up to the series standard though, which is always disappointing. Like many people, I thought the day time stages in Unleashed were awesome too, so I'm happy to hear that it's featured much more in Colors. Add in the traditional platforming of the the original titles, and I think it could be a great game. Setting seems awesome too. Away from the human world, and back to just fantasy again. Evil Theme Park in Space fits the bill.

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm not a Sonic fan,but I'm pretty exited for this.Everyone knows that Sonic has been failing recently,but this seems pretty good.Not sure if i'm picking it up though,cause I have A LOT of games that I want.And I expect all of them to be rated 9/10 or higher.Reason:this year had the best E3 ever.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I'm actually quite excited for this. I'm not a HUGE Sonic fan and I'm really only like the 2D games but Sonic Colors actually looks promising. :D

Nope. First time I heard the name I instantly raged. I am a long time Sonic fan, but it only goes about as far as Sonic Adventure, and I didn't even like the one a whole lot. Genesis era was golden, everything after that turned to copper. I'll be excited for a Sonic game again when they finally do it right and make em like they did in the old days.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Nope. First time I heard the name I instantly raged. I am a long time Sonic fan, but it only goes about as far as Sonic Adventure, and I didn't even like the one a whole lot. Genesis era was golden, everything after that turned to copper. I'll be excited for a Sonic game again when they finally do it right and make em like they did in the old days.
Mmmmm......Might you be excited for Sonic 4, maybe?

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Totally excited for it. I clearly spell the game title technically wrong by typing the British 'Colour' instead of the American version but, there you do.

I can't help but watch the trailers and expect one of the characters to say 'taste the rainbow' though. It's like a game where Sonic uses the power of skittles to take on Kirby-like powers.

Saying that though, i'm a fan who could actually like something from '06, granted it was only the music but hey.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Looks pretty fun but I'm still a little scepticle of it. I though I would love unleashed but I hated all of it except for the daytime :( But this looks like the daytime from it so I may get it for ds but probly not wii...

Mmmmm......Might you be excited for Sonic 4, maybe?

Actually I am kinda excited for it. But I mean, I liked Sonic Rush pretty well and that was basically "new Sonic" in classic Sonic's world. In all honesty, StH4 probably won't be anything more special than Sonic Rush was, and already I think they have added too much difference for it to play well like one of the classics. I could have really done without the "homing attack" that they gave him and also could have done without Robotnik looking like he does now, which he looks pretty rediculous. If they wanted to make StH4, they should have literally picked up where they left off, not considering anything that has came in between, and they did not do that. So even though I will buy it, I do not have high hopes for it being near as good as the old games.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I am really hopeful for this game and might even be a little more excited for this then Sonic 4, but I have faith in Sega and think that they are ready to bring Sonic back to life.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Yes I am, in fact, I think it may be more promising than Sonic 4, the music and graphics look and sound awesome, so does the story, I really can't wait to hear the man who brought Chris RedField to life going as Sonic! Everything about it I'm exited for, especially the fact that the people who wrote 'Happy Tree Friends' and 'MadWorld' are behind this game, this game may have some awesome humour!

I'm so exited, and yet I don't even have that much money!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Yes I am, in fact, I think it may be more promising than Sonic 4, the music and graphics look and sound awesome, so does the story, I really can't wait to hear the man who brought Chris RedField to life going as Sonic! Everything about it I'm exited for, especially the fact that the people who wrote 'Happy Tree Friends' and 'MadWorld' are behind this game, this game may have some awesome humour!

I'm so exited, and yet I don't even have that much money!

Wow, I never knew Roger Craig Smith was Jason's replacement. Let's hope he pulls it off.

On another note, I am really excited about this game and will buy it no matter what but when it drops to a reasonable price (No Sonic game is ever worth 60 bucks), just like all the other Sonic games I have. I hope it's like Unleashed but with more platforming and better physics. I am also excited for Sonic 4 but I won't buy it when it comes out because I'm hoping that they release it in stores after all the episodes are out just like GTA Episodes from Liberty City did. And I would really like to see Knuckles and Shadow return. That disappointed me in Unleashed.

Is it just me or has Sonic really never died? Sonic 1-Knuckles were good, Adventure series plus Heroes were good, the Advance Series and the Rush Series were good, and Unleashed was good. That just leaves Sonic Chronicles, Sonic Rivals Series, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, and Sonic 06 which by the way I liked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom