• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Irate Gamer

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EblJex6ojDs&feature=player_embedded

Ok, so I'm sure most of us have seen the video Mases posted on the main page by a YouTube user named Irategamer, and he had quite a beef with most of the games from E3 2011, but one of the biggest ones was Skyward Sword (starting at 1:54). For some reason, he says the controls are "clunky" and complains about the graphical style. I don't see why he's complaining about the controls, as the Wii Motion Plus is perfectly accurate. I don't know if he had the controller calibrated improperly or if he just didn't like having to swing his arm around, but he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. The Wii Motion Plus has received almost nothing but praise during its existence, and for a reason. Word of advice: don't listen to this guy.

Oh, and, while not important to the video itself, my comment stating my opinions on the Wii Motion Plus on this video got deleted (along with many others), and I've been banned from commenting on any of his other videos simply because of it. Now, I don't know about you, but that seems pretty jerk-ish and very arrogant to me. All the more reason to see why to not listen to this guy.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I just commented on this video, this guy is an ***hole, don't listen to him. He'll be eating his words eventually.

I don't see the appeal with a Zelda with graphic violence.

Maybe the controls do suck, I have no idea. The calibration for his demo could have been way off.

I wish he elaborated on why he didn't like the weopon menu.

and yes J, it's uncool he banned you.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
To be honest, Wii Motion plus is definatly the best motion controlled peripheral out there. How can you complain about something that good? As for the art style....I think it is great Nintendo is trying a blend. It looks awesome and I like how creative they are getting with the Zelda series. The Irate gamer is either making a bad initial call, or he is truely a fool. Slow movements? Is it our fault he can't handle the Wii motion Plus properly? The guy definatly has many issues and I don't like him at all...come on mate....how can you say that about the next revolution in the video game industry? If anything...SS will be this generation's OoT, it will change the way we play games for the best. Irate gamer, you got it wrong! I can't wait for SS to come out just so we can all show him he is wrong :)

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
He probably just waggled around the Wiimote and wondered why none of his hits were getting in.

Hopefully his video won't make people think that Skyward Sword is a bad game. I know that there are already some people disliking the game just because of its graphical style, so I hope SS won't gather anymore haters. >_<

skybird11

state alchemist
there are a lot of people out there who just want to criticise (is that how you spell it?), even if it's not just zelda. all we can do is make clever comments and/or ignore them.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
donkeyfz.jpg

I've just talked with my buddy, the Donkey, about this guy. And Donkey told me that this Youtube guy is an even bigger Donkey as my buddy who actually is a real Donkey.

"It's time for a Zelda for mature Audiences"

What is he talking about? I mean, I have nothing against people commenting against Skyward Sword. But these comments should include realistic statements. This Irategamer dork is just bashing. But this goes for all his comments, even on the other games he mentioned in this video.

I agree with you Monkey. If there is a legitimate problem with the controls, than I have no problem with him stating it. However, him saying that Zelda needs to have graphic violence to be better? He doesn't even explain what he means by this, he just throws it out there. I think he is just saying it to get people rilled up and get more views.

And trust me, anyone who can recognize my avatar knows I don't have a problem with violence. lol. :) I just don't agree it would work in Zelda.

You know, a lot of people I've seen who were at E3 complained that they had a bad experience because their remotes weren't calibrated. I'm sure this was the same situation with him.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
You know, a lot of people I've seen who were at E3 complained that they had a bad experience because their remotes weren't calibrated. I'm sure this was the same situation with him.

At the end of July, I will be able to play Skyward Sword as part of the Animagic 2011. I will finally experience how the controlls were improved since Twilight Princess. Hope there is a chance to calibrate the remote by myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom