• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Idea For a Dungeon (Don't Laugh)

I got it! What if there will be a MUSIC dungeon on SS? Great idea huh? seeing how music plays a pivotal role in the series, it would be pretty awesome.
1.No this is not a joke thread. I am not trolling.
2.Yes, I realize "Music" is not an element.

Any thoughts? Ideas? How it could be implemented?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Of course! I've had that idea for a while too. :3 It would be amazing if it was put into a game like Ocarina of Time. There could be dozens of new puzzles concerning the songs! :D

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
A music dungeon huh? that would be interesting, like some parts of the puzzle will to ring bells and jump on a giant organ....

But that leads to what is the item of the dungeon???? a flute? drum? ocarina of music?? or maybe a whistle.

David

But you called me here...
I would LOVE a music centered dungeon!!! It would be so much fun to use a bunch of different notes to solve an entire dungeon! GREAT IDEA!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
That sounds like an awesome idea. It's also a great way to implement songs from old games that we all know and love into the game, which Zelda people try to do all the time.

That would be awesome! Puzzles could be like pushing blocks in the directions of the notes of a song. And the boss could be defeated with a musical instrument instead of a weapon!

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
This idea is completely AMAZING. I absolutely love music, especially Zelda music. And a Musical Dungeon would be perfect for Zelda!

That would be interesting, like some parts of the puzzle will to ring bells and jump on a giant organ....

--dies-- I totally pictured this in my head :3 Nintendo needs to make this dungeon now, because my ideas are consuming me and I really want to play in a music-themed dungeon!

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Not that weird - I've had the idea before, but for an entirely different reason. :) In this old thread, my idea was that the temple was completely silent at first, and throughout the dungeon you had to release instruments, and as you did so, its melody was added to the background music. Defeating the boss at the end of the dungeon would release the voice of its sage, singing the song of healing. (I may or may not have gotten the idea from Ariel's voice being in Ursula's necklace in the Little Mermaid, heh.)

I also like the idea of puzzles being in the form of music notes. Perhaps you would have to find sheet music throughout the dungeon (in the form of A ^ >) in order to learn songs that will unlock doors.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
The Light Temple was suppose to involve Rauru. But I guess since their wasn't enough time, they couldn't add it. And the Wind Temple that involved Kaepora Gaepora.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Well, I do like the idea, and I can't get the image of Link running around to collect music notes in a timed puzzle making a song (ala Super Mario Galaxy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34HDgv9Hm5s).

I think that this could work, but I don't know how effective it would be if it were restricted to one dungeon.

Throught most games you are continually learning songs and that works great was we all know and in LA the game is all about collecting instruments. I think an entire game where you know more songs and use them to pass more puzzles is a great idea. In OOT you use songs to open dungeons or drop blocks or call upon- scarecrows, and I think that's the closet thing that we've seen in a Zelda series, but I think they could do more.

The thing I would be afraid of is it being restricted to one dungeon. Unless you sort of borrowed musical items and the gave them back at the end of the dungeon, the songs/items would just sort of sit stagnant in your inventory. I think LA handled that sort of thing well where you took Bow-Wow on a walk and then you couldn't return him until you got into the next dungeon at which point you could finally give him back.

So I'm in favor of a music dungeon, but it would have to be something inherent in the dungeon, like musical notes you have to grab in order to make a song, or you use special borrowed items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom