• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How To Explain Zelda To Someone Whos Never Heard Of It

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
As the title says, how do you explain Zelda to someone who has never heard of the series?

I am just curious as to what other people's methods are :)

Personally, I start with the main story of Hyrule, as it was explained in OoT, only explaining it in simpler terms. Then I move on to describe each character, and the main "plot" you could say of the series. I explain it like an instruction booklet, first telling them the pieces, then how to put them together :)

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
take them to the Zelda Dungeon web sight have them point and choose a game then tell them the story and repeat. Then go into character detail. Then artifact detail.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
First of all, it depends. Is it face to face or like chatting I'm the computer. If it's face to face, I guess tell the person about the series, what's the main goal, show some pictures of the characters. Don't just blab out all the info at once. Go steady. I guess in chatting mode, tell the person to go to zeldapedia, zelda wiki or even right here in ZD, tell him to search for the characters and learn about them them the person will know what the Zelda Series is all about. I hope my advice helped.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I would say that you should start by saying it's a fantasy-adventure RPG series. Then go over basics, like the general character of the various Links, the Triforce, and the Master Sword.

first check if they even want to learn about it, then say its the game with the guy with the little geen hat. then have them play ocarina of time

I would just tell them that it is an awesome game with cool puzzles.

Then I would tell him to go to ZD and make him learn everything there is to know about it.

S

spike772000

I tell them its the best video game series ever, then i pop in LTP and hand them the controller and say play and be amazed.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'd just say it's a series of games that tell their own story in each game so none of them are really connected except the ones with sequels. It's a fantasy adventure game that usually has to do with the main character Link who helps or saves Princess Zelda and the land of Hyrule from the evil Ganondorf. The games are very fun and have you exploring a vast world going through dungeons, doing sidequests to get helpful rewards, and picking up various useful items throughout the adventure filled with puzzles and action. Each game is unique and has a different art style and may sometimes have a main gameplay element like Time Travel, Wind, Shrinking, etc and also has some of the best music you'll ever hear in a video game. You may fall in love with some of the characters, and will probably remember them in future installments, and may see various "connections" in each game that make you think that the games are connected which makes the series a lot more interesting.

Beeker

Wild Card
I would tell a person who doesn't know Zelda the basic breakdown of the game. I would say that it is an adventure game set in a fantasy world. You have to travel through various levels(the dungeons) to get new weapons and tools as well as important items to the game, in order to save Princess Zelda and Hyrule.

If they already have a Nintendo system of some sort, I would also suggest good games to start, such as Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd first show them a more modern game like TP, but then show them OoT/ALttP and tell them about what those games have done. If they don't like it, oh well. It's their opinion, not mine.

Well, before I show them the games, I would explain thoroughly that the boy in green is NOT Zelda. And also tell them that while the story revolves around Link/Zelda vs [Main villain], it actually does feel like you (the player) are Link, going throughout the lands and fighting the dark forces.

?

:-)

I would have them play Oot (or SS when it comes out) and explain everything in order to them when it happens while they're playing. It would be much easier then trying to explain zelda to the person if they've never actually SEEN it. Seeing is beliving after all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom