• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How It Would've Looked with TP Style Textures (graphics)

K

Kira

thelegendofzelda0.png

V Slideshow
http://img691.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=thelegendofzelda3.png

Done through emulator not by me though.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
I don't know, if I was given the choice I would probably choose the original textures.
I mean, sure, TP is more "advanced" since OoT is an older game, but I like it because it's more colorful than TP.
TP was just so gloomy and...brown. There was a lot of brown.
Yeah I like the original OoT textures better.

That looks... awful. The original looks better in my opinion, I hated how washed out and brown Twilight Princess felt. But regarding that specific picture, I think the Ocarina of Time Hi-Res texture pack looks much better, for example:

villagehigh.jpg

(This is a slightly old picture, the texture pack might be better/further along now).

oot-hd.jpg

At any rate, Twilight Princess had relatively low resolution textures (with a rather dull palette as well), but the meshes and rendering method was different. There were less jagged edges and overall characters were slightly more realistic. They still weren't hi poly though.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
Although this is pretty neat, and adds a new look and feel to something so old and loved, there is something about the old textures and "blocky" look of OOT that just makes the whole experience feel that much better when I play it today. It brings about feelings of nostalgia, and in part is why I still love the game so much. It has always looked very cool to me and is in fact one of my favorite games as fr as design goes.

it seems like it would be a cool idea, like it looks kinda neat
but the reason why i like OoT so much aside from the gameplay is the way it looks
the same goes for TP
they have their own look and thats how it should stay.
like what about OoT as toon link? yes it would still be a good game but i think that would take my attention away from it
mainly cuz im not a huge fan of it.
anyway... yes the TP on OoT looks kinda neat but its to gloomy for that game
personal opinion.

I love Ocarina of time the way it is mostly because i thing it has the perfect balance between being cartoon-like and being realistic. I wouldn't mind the picture being a little more clearer, but i wouldn't want the color to change, or for it to be realistic like TP

Alar

Clothed in Green
The Colourful Cel-shaded and the Bland Realistic Graphics of OOT

i'd like Ocarina of time to stay how it is currently without any changes like this:
lowresocarina.png

The Twilight princess style doesn't look that good and in my opinion wouldn't have suited OOT:
highresocarina.png

Wind Waker style looks almost to childish for ocarina of time:
celocarina.png

So an Ocarina of Time with twilight princess graphics No thanks. Ocarina of time with cel shaded, better but still not as good as the current graphics.I think each of the three games have an individual style and they should stay that way because cel-shaded suited wind waker and it's story, and the realistic , but rather bland , graphics suit twilight princess and it's story.So all in all ocarina of time with TP graphics wouldn't look that particularly amazing nor the cel-shaded graphics for that matter.

Well anyway the 3DS will enhance the Ocarina of time graphics anyway and make them more ,Crisper,Clearer oh and 3D

Last edited:

OotLord1003

Young Link
yeah, I really like this. The game was already good enough. But I really liked this. Mainly because of detail.
(any ways...can anyone get me the download link for this?;) )

wind waker graphics DO NOT go with ocarina of time in my oppinnion. it would change the way i feel about the game. If they HAD change it, id rather it be twilight princess graphics, not Wind waker.

but I do NOT want the look to change (except to make it a bit clearer, as I said earlier)

you know, i couldn't really tell the difference between the TP graphics and the OoT graphics. I think this is a very good idea, but it wasn't done very well in these images.

L

Links Mask

i think that they should just keep them how they are because wind waker graphics look really bad so does the tp

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I personally do no like how OoT would look with TP graphics. From looking at what Alar posted, it obvious that the colors are toned down and the surroundings are duller with TP graphics. Though it does make the game look a litter sharper, it just doesn't work for OoT. The realistic type graphics doesn't look like that was being aimed for when the game was created, so I don't see the point in adjusting them and incorporating the TP graphics. TP's colors weren't very bright and the land and surrounding areas were definitely bland and did not have much to them. OoT's colors were somewhat brighter and though some areas weren't filled with much, at least it wasn't too dark and depressing. Again, OoT doesn't need realistic graphics. It's a great game whether it looks almost real or not.

Clearly, there isn't much of a difference in whatever everything looks like. I can't see many changes in Link other than him being a little more clear. The only big changes with TP graphics are the colors being toned down, the surroundings being a little sharper, and things becoming a little dull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom