• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do I Tell Her I Love Her?

First up, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post a thread like this. There aren't any boards specifically for stuff like this, so I thought the General Discussion board seemed to be the best spot to put it.

Alright, I'm 15, turning 16 in June, and, to put it simply, I'm in love with a girl whom I hang around with almost every school day. She's in a different grade, and unfortunately, we don't have any classes together, due to me doing a VET course, and different elective subjects (Hopefully, I'll be able to change that next semester). However, we have a lot of things in common, such as music and games, and I seem a lot happier when I'm with her.

I've tried keeping this a secret, but a few friends have realised this (apparently I'm not Mr. Subtlety), and have encouraged me to tell her how I feel.

Basically, what I want to do is to tell her how I feel, and hopefully, it'll turn out good. I'm planning to tell her this weekend, as we're all going out to a friends house for his birthday, and maybe go to the city, and then after that, the school holidays will start, so I won't be able to tell her for 2 weeks (I'd rather tell her in person than over Facebook). All I really want is tips on how to tell her my feelings.

Thanks in advance.

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
Each girl responds best to a different way. Most might prefer you flat-put tell them (I'm one of those), some might prefer little gifts, and still others might like just a note. If you don't know how she would like to be told, I'd say that when you show up at her house to pick her up (if that's what you're doing), give you a bouquet of flowers (her favorites if you can) and tell her then.

Since I'm not a typical girl, my advise might not be the best, so keep asking around.

There's no harm in telling her how you feel... but personally I wouldn't open with "I love you"... might be a bit much. I don't see the harm in telling her you have feelings for her though. I'd personally also tell her that its okay if she doesn't feel the same way and you don't want it to ruin any friendship you have.

Didn't do a whole lot of asking girls out when I was your age so I'm maybe not the best person to listen to but that's how I would approach it. Hope I'm at least some help ;)

Ikana

Trollkastel
Just tell her how you feel about her. If you don't say anything then nothing is never going to happen unless she does but if I was in that situation I wouldn't chance and risk it to have her to tell me. If she truly makes you happy when your around her then go for it and if she doesn't say yes then I'm sure you guys will still be great friends. I had this happened to me when one of my friends asked me out and I said no but we are still friends. I told her that I didn't like her in that way but I like her as a friend and she understood that. I'm sure it will be fine with you, good luck! I re read the post you made that all you need is to know how to tell her. Really hard for me to answer that since I never done that but just say that you love her and you care for her.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Well, if you truly admire each other as friends, but it wouldn't hurt to say "I love you" to someone who you have a lot in common with. When you tell her, just don't ramble on about how you felt when you first met her or whatever, just get straight to the point. And don't confess in front of a lot of people, try to get her alone, just chatting mildly and enjoying the time you guys have together before you say it.

I'm sorry if these tips don't help very well, but good luck!:)

First up, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post a thread like this. There aren't any boards specifically for stuff like this, so I thought the General Discussion board seemed to be the best spot to put it.

Alright, I'm 15, turning 16 in June, and, to put it simply, I'm in love with a girl whom I hang around with almost every school day. She's in a different grade, and unfortunately, we don't have any classes together, due to me doing a VET course, and different elective subjects (Hopefully, I'll be able to change that next semester). However, we have a lot of things in common, such as music and games, and I seem a lot happier when I'm with her.

I've tried keeping this a secret, but a few friends have realised this (apparently I'm not Mr. Subtlety), and have encouraged me to tell her how I feel.

Basically, what I want to do is to tell her how I feel, and hopefully, it'll turn out good. I'm planning to tell her this weekend, as we're all going out to a friends house for his birthday, and maybe go to the city, and then after that, the school holidays will start, so I won't be able to tell her for 2 weeks (I'd rather tell her in person than over Facebook). All I really want is tips on how to tell her my feelings.

Thanks in advance.
Just be honest with her mate.
Tell her how you feel about her.
Tell her when you are both on your own together.
Saying it over Facebook is not a good idea unless you want the whole world knowing.
Some things are best kept between two people.
What ever you do make sure you tell her.
Its better letting her know how you feel regardless of the outcome.
You do not want to in yrs to come regret not telling her and wondering what would have happened.

Just be yourself mate.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Don't tell her you love her.
Just tell her how you feel about her, especially how she makes you feel.
How she is feeling at the time matters too. Talk to her first, make her smile, etc etc before you tell her what's up.
And like everyone said, be yourself.
Be confident. You may not feel confident, but act it :)
Good luck, champ.

If she feels the same about you, it won't matter how you say it. I don't know the full situation, of course, but I'd just tell her straight up how you feel. You'll know when the time is right.

Say it from the heart, and do it in person. Todays society is getting too impersonal. Stay away from facebook, text message, over the phone.....

H

HayGonJinn

Alright buckeroo here's my advise. Don't ramble on about stupid nothingness like I do when I get nervous. If you get nervous just relax take some breaths once you have her alone you got time. Viral Maze said, ease into it, don't blurt it out, as I said you got time. As most have said don't tell her you love her. Too many people today are saying I love you all willynillie like it means the same thing as liking someone a lot. It's not. So just tell her you have feelings for her. If she doesn't really know at that time or she just wants to be friends right now just be cool and tell her it's all right. If your a guy like me and don't like to be lead on just ask her to tell you straight up how she feels about you back. But don't say it like that. Definitely make a move before your holiday break man, or you may regret it for a long time to come.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I am with everyone else on the whole "tell her how you feel" and the "tell her how she make you feel" aspect.

But now to go from a more personal view as well. Being 23 now and still chatting with some younger teen folk around 14 or 15 (I hang out at a local gamestore where they also hang out, and I work in retail across the street from the Middle and High schools so I have to from time to time) I suggest you take love right out of the equation. Chances are that you might "love" her. I put it in quotes because of your young age. I don't mean to be disrespectful. But chances are that things may not work out and you will move on and "love" someone else, or she may "love" someone else. I really dislike the use of that word from such young people. I know I am still young myself but I have seen things turn very ugly in high school settings over that very word.

I am not trying to be mean or dissuade you from anything you want to do. I am only trying to precaution you as best as I can with experience I have. While I myself did not do much dating, mainly because of previously stated things of turning ugly, I have seen things in my community and with friends at my age or older. Love is a word that gets tossed around way too much these days and it should be something that is meant 100%. Not something you say to try and get something out of someone, or to try to hide something from someone by distracting them.

Sorry for my rant. But I am still with those who say tell her how you feel and how she makes you feel. Leave love out of it for as long as you possibly can. I am not saying you do or do not love her, but wait on those exact words until you know for sure that she feels the same way back. Always something good to come out of everything, even the worst. Again I apologize for my rant. But I see this too often and don't want to see you, or anyone else for that matter, get hurt over high school drama.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
I apologize for being the one person who doesn't follow the pattern here, but I'm usually the wild card either way.

Sympathy is one thing I can feel here. I've been in the same kind of situation before. You probably sit there and see all the great things you can do together, best of friends, not a worry in the world. Trust me, I've been there...to that world of unending night...to that world where the daylight dissolves into darkness. It's a murky path. As you "fall in love" in that way, all you are really doing is losing control over your own emotions. You may even begin to see what might happen if it goes wrong. What if you lose your best friend? What if she doesn't feel the same way about you?

But, by all means, go ahead. It's your choice.

Thanks everyone for your advice, I'll be telling her sometime tonight. Although, now that I think about it, I'm more coconcerned about what I'm going to say if she likes me back. The only thing I can think of saying is "Aw, sweet!". Could it hurt to help me out a bit more with that part?

Buy her a Symphony Bar.

That way, should you happen to screw the whole thing up, you have a Symphony Bar to fix what you broke.

But make sure to save it until you screw up, or it ruins the magic.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!

Don't say "I love you" to this girl if you haven't dated. Also, maybe its just my method of hardcore dating, but I think a person should say those words when they know that their partner (or mate) is the right person for them and that they can see each other committing to a SERIOUS relationship "down the line" (ex. marriage, making babies, etc.). I would tell her how you feel without the "I love you" and see what happens. Don't blurt everything out though or you might make her feel uncomfortable. Another thing is... don't tell her through Facebook either! Its more effective if your talking to her face to face.

If you guys do start dating tomorrow or whenever then I suggest saying those 3 words after you been on a couple of dates.. Don't do it right away because she could be the type of person that likes to take things slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom