• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did You Get Introduced to the Zelda Series

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
I am terribly sorry if there is already a forum about this...

We all have been introduced to Zelda one way or another. I would like to know how you guys have been introduced? I got introduced to the Zelda series through my cousins. I get my taste in video games from them. I remember I was at their house one time when I was......6 or 7 I think. My cousins used to have a N64 and one of my cousins was playing Majora's Mask on it. He was at the point where he had just turned into a Deku. :deku: I thought Link looked like a coconut! :lol: I kept asking questions like these:
(me)"What are you doing?"
(cousin) "Playing The Legend of Zelda."
(me) "What are you doing right now"
(cousin) "Saving Zelda" (which I really don't get since I now know that he was in Terminia, not Hyrule. He must of switched over to Ocarina of Time or something)
(me) "Well, where is she?"
(cousin) "She's right over there *points over across the horizion*"
(me) "Can I see her?"
(cousin) "Not at the moment...sorry"
Yeah...I'm a bit confused about all of that nowadays... I also remember, when I was little, having dreams about, "The creepy-looking guy in the mask." Oh my, was I confused. About 1 1/2 years ago, I started thinking about that whole scenario again. I remembered watching my cousin gather up cuccos and fight off beasts. I also remembered how much fun it was to watch him play Majora's Mask. I decided to get a Zelda game of my own. I looked them up online and found Twilight Princess for the Wii. It looked like the perfect game for me and to my surprise, it was! After a while, I had started really learning about the LoZ series and how involved it was. You should of seen how hard I was laughing when I saw pictures of the Skull Kid! That is my (very abbreviated) Zelda story, What is yours?

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
my friend amber had phantom hourglass on her ds and because before this point, i had never even held a ds before (i only had a gba) i was amazed. when i got my own ds it was only a few months before i recongised phantom hourglass on a shop shelf and instantly bought it. and, um, thats it.

I

ice cream

a friend of mine introduced me to "The Wind Waker" -that was my first LoZ game

And I loved it ever since :D

Volvagia

Gentlemanly Lava Dragon
The first game that I really started playing in the series was Ocarina of Time. My friend got me a wii points card and told me to try out that game,and I absolutely loved it. I have gotten extremely close to the franchise now, and I don't think there's anything quite like it.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I basically first became a SSBM (Smash Bros. Melee) fanboy and over at Smash World Forums, there was many a discussion talking about how Melee is probably the greatest game ever save Ocarina of Time. So I tried Ocarina... Haven't looked back since.

Let's see...

Me and my neighbor both got Nintendo 64's for Christmas in 1998(i think). When he called and told me, I ran next door to see what games he got. I had Starfox 64 and Super Mario 64, he had Wave Race and Ocarina of Time.

When he let me borrow OoT, I let him borrow Super Mario 64. We had a pretty good exchange going on:lol:. A couple of months later, I bought Link's Awakening DX. Hooked ever since.

Hmm... i made a thread a while ago about this but its alright its dead...

When i was like 9 my cousin had an N64 and was playing ocarina of time i wasn't too interested in the game and forgot about it. When i was 13 i was at Walmart in the elctonics section waiting for my mom to come and get me after she did her shopping, i got a chance to play the GameCube which had a demo of the legend of zelda the windwaker, it was in the middle of the boss fight with Gohma and i remember beating gohma with the grappling hook and retrieving the heart piece. my mother came and said it was time to go. I asked for the game and she said it isnt out yet so we will have to wait, about 2 weeks later she surprised me with the game. i fell in love with it and eventually i beat it. i felt the game wasnt enough so played through it again and again and then stopped completely, the next year my younger cousin was playing my older cousin's Ocarina of time. that is what got me back into the series, i couldnt get the game though for i did not have an N64 so that was out of the question.

about a year later Four swords adventures came out and i got that, i loved how it looked like Wind Waker but in 2D so i instantly fell in love with it i didn't beat it though. my Zelda playing was over until christmas of 2006 when i got my hand on twilight princess i feel that it is a great game and its that game that got me obsessed with Zelda. after that i collected all the main games and last5 year i had a mini marathon after Zelda Dungeon had their marathon and i beat them all. i wanted more so i looked and couldnt find anymore. About febuary of this year i met Dark Master and he showed me the wonderful world of Rare Zeldas. Sorry for the big story but this is how i came to be obcessed with the Legend of Zelda.

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
Lets take a giant trip back into my childhood shall we? I remember the faintest memory of someone I knew came over to my house and showed me a VERY unique game. This game was were you had 3 days to find and do everything, I remember him saying you can reset time. Does this game sound familiar to anyone? That's right, Majora's mask. I didn't know ANYTHING about Zelda because I was so dang young. First game I owned was I think actually Phantom Hourglass, then I played WW, ST, ALTTP, and finally OoT. Favorite is STILL WW.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I got Link's Awakening, the original, as a gift in Spring 1994, when I was four. Been hooked ever since.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
heheheh mine was when i was about 6-7...I was at my cousin's house, in his basement. Zelda was ALWAYS in his system and as a kid I never had an N64. Anyways I would always start a new game and make to the Deku Tree...Since I was a little squirt I couldnt get past the part where you have to deflect the Deku Seed back the Deku scrub and I gave up :( but I still loved Zelda after that....Shortly after when I was about 9 my brother got his hands on Link's Awakening DX and I LOVED that game...it wasnt until 3 1/2 years ago that I truly became a zelda fan, beating almost every zelda game to date...Wanna hear the most romantic part of this story? Well A couple months ago I asked the same cousin if he was willing to sell his N64 to me and he said "Just take it, I never play anymore...." :):):):) and with that same N64 that I played years ago came that same Ocarina of Time...I knew that me and that N64 were destined to be together! :) :)

Well, I got introduced to it when I was first introduced to video games.

I would just watch my brother play on the NES and later I played it and the LoZ was my first game.

I have loved the series ever since then.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
My brother got The Wind Waker when he was 16, and I was mezmerized by it. He showed me how to play it, opened up my own memory slot, and I got down to buisness. Till this very day, The Wind Waker is still my favorite game.

twilight princess :D i remember going to buy it when my brothers friend told me it wasnt that good and not to buy it, but im glad im stubborn because if it weren't for that i wouldn't be playing LoZ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom