• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

HELP

My brother is a 3ds ambassador and I am not. He has 2 games downloaded to his SD card that I want (but can't get due to the ambassador programme). Is there any way to copy these 2 games from his SD card to mine? (without deleting his?)

We were gonna try the system transfer between our 2 3ds's, but it said it was going to replace all my data with his and erase all his data, so we cancelled it.

Is there any other way?
I just want 2 specific games which are on his SD card. I want them copied onto mine, without having to borrow his if I wanna play them... is there any way?

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I'm really sorry, btu there is no way to tranfer data between systems without deleating the original data.

System Transfer is so you can Transfer ALL data to another 3DS.

It's a piracy thing, Nintendo is afraid that people will buy one game and then just copy it to all of their friend's 3DSs.

BUT!

Nintendo has planned to realease ALL of the NES games to the public over time. Sadly they have not mentioned releasing the GBA games to the public.

Sorry! Hope this helped!

Nyan Cat

Nyan! Nyan!
Red Deku Scrub is right. My sister tried it before because her kid wanted my games, and there is no way to transfer it without his data being deleted. Though I'll probably give my 3DS to her. She's start to play more than I do xD

I'm really sorry, btu there is no way to tranfer data between systems without deleating the original data.

System Transfer is so you can Transfer ALL data to another 3DS.

It's a piracy thing, Nintendo is afraid that people will buy one game and then just copy it to all of their friend's 3DSs.

BUT!

Nintendo has planned to realease ALL of the NES games to the public over time. Sadly they have not mentioned releasing the GBA games to the public.

Sorry! Hope this helped!

Thanks for the heads up.

Argh that sucks - the 2 games in question I want are GBA games too :(

Isn't there a way to hook up a 3ds to a pc and copy some software from one sd card to another that way?

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Thanks for the heads up.

Isn't there a way to hook up a 3ds to a pc and copy some software from one sd card to another that way?

No, I'm sorry. There is NO way for you to get te GBA Ambassadors program games unless Nintendo decides to release them to the public.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Thanks for the heads up.

Isn't there a way to hook up a 3ds to a pc and copy some software from one SD card to another that way?

You can hook and SD card up to the computer, but the only thing that will transfer is the save data. The games cannot be transfered, otherwise people would put them on the internet for free. The system transfer is really only good for transferring your data to a new console incase you want to sell it or if the system breaks. You cannot get the games he has until Nintendo releases them on the eShop and then you can buy them. Sorry about that.

If you have a GBA, you coud probably buy those games you want for cheap at a used game store or online.

I haven't got a GBA, but I am thinking of buying one (as well as those games I want).

Just one question.... there's also some gameboy colour games I'd like to play (the oracle games) - does a GBA also have a slot for gameboy colour games? (I've never owned a GBA before)

PS - this thread title now reads 'HEPL' instead of 'HELP - what the hell happened there? lol - I didn't even edit it! lol

Last edited:

shaymin1

Derp.
I haven't got a GBA, but I am thinking of buying one (as well as those games I want).

Just one question.... there's also some gameboy colour games I'd like to play (the oracle games) - does a GBA also have a slot for gameboy colour games? (I've never owned a GBA before)
A GBA can play every Gameboy game, even the original Gameboy and Gameboy Colour games. They all fit in the same slot.

A GBA can play every Gameboy game, even the original Gameboy and Gameboy Colour games. They all fit in the same slot.

Nice. This may be my only answer to play the remaining zelda games that I have not yet played (MC, OOS, OOA), as nintendo don't seem to be releasing them to the eshop anytime soon...

I hope they release the Oracle games as well because those are my favorite handheld Zelda games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom