• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Nearly Died?

ENA-three!

the man from mars
ive had plenty of close calls. i found out i was diabetic, when i went to the hospital my sugar level got up to 1,200....yeah...1,200. dr said i was gonna go into a coma and basically die. so he was going to amputate my leg from my knee down so i can live. but i said no, so basically i chose to die. so he called my family to say good bye. not sure what or why but somehow my sugar level dropped to 112 and i felt fine. that was 4 years ago and today im no longer diabetic.

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
Water Parks! I went through a stream of water and i couldn't breathe. That was when i was 10. Also, I wasn't supposed to exist! I almost died while i was being born!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I nearly died by sheer hatred by my classmates. This happened during my sixth grade school year. One time, I got beat up in sensitive places, especially "there". Eventually blood started to flow out of my body and I began to cry. I thought I was done for until a security guard heard the ruckus and saved me from near death. Unfortunately, my bullies left the scene, leaving me there in pain. Since that day, I have always talked with him and always gave him some cookies for saving my life.

Another near death moment happened about two years ago. It was just a day of hanging out with my friends at the pool. Since I didn't have any swimming clothes, I have always used a shirt and jeans as my swim wear (I never had the money to buy swimming clothes). You may think that I was stupid to swim in full clothing, but I have been swimming like this for years now. Anyways, a cute friend of mine (who I used to have a crush on) asked me to join her in the water. I was about to swim with her, until someone was pulling my leg and drag me down. My enemy was wearing a snorkel and I only had my lungs. I kept fighting him off, but he called in his reinforcements and started to drown me. I was almost out of air, but I couldn't do anything. Luckily, my cute friend of mine was fast and strong in water. She pulled me out and started to call the police on my friends. She started to hold me close in her arms, crying for my injuries. I told her that she didn't have to worry. She then told me that she was moving and she didn't want to leave me. I gave her a kiss on her cheek and eventually passed out.

AWWWW who would beat up such a sweet person like you :( :( This makes me mad !

Not that I know of. I do know though years ago when I still worked on a meatfactory there were large hooks. I was cleaning the tables together with my coworker and we cleaned the hooks. I was standing with my back towards a large giant hook and I heard a scream. I turned around and stepped aside and this heavy hook just missed me with less than an inch. It would have gone through me if I didn't hear that scream and stepped aside

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I once put a fork in the toaster. Dad said I almost got electrocuted.

Shoot! That reminds me! When I was 5 years old I was sitting next to my oldest sister. A candle was standing next to me and suddenly the flames came out of my hair. My sister was in time and prevended me from getting burned. My hair was fortunately not much damaged

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I nearly died by sheer hatred by my classmates. This happened during my sixth grade school year. One time, I got beat up in sensitive places, especially "there". Eventually blood started to flow out of my body and I began to cry. I thought I was done for until a security guard heard the ruckus and saved me from near death. Unfortunately, my bullies left the scene, leaving me there in pain. Since that day, I have always talked with him and always gave him some cookies for saving my life.

Another near death moment happened about two years ago. It was just a day of hanging out with my friends at the pool. Since I didn't have any swimming clothes, I have always used a shirt and jeans as my swim wear (I never had the money to buy swimming clothes). You may think that I was stupid to swim in full clothing, but I have been swimming like this for years now. Anyways, a cute friend of mine (who I used to have a crush on) asked me to join her in the water. I was about to swim with her, until someone was pulling my leg and drag me down. My enemy was wearing a snorkel and I only had my lungs. I kept fighting him off, but he called in his reinforcements and started to drown me. I was almost out of air, but I couldn't do anything. Luckily, my cute friend of mine was fast and strong in water. She pulled me out and started to call the police on my friends. She started to hold me close in her arms, crying for my injuries. I told her that she didn't have to worry. She then told me that she was moving and she didn't want to leave me. I gave her a kiss on her cheek and eventually passed out.

bullies suck. remember they have the issues, not you! sorry to hear this :(

Garo

Boy Wonder
Yes, about 12 times over the past three years. Each time has been related to Type I Diabetes, specifically dangerously low blood sugar (except the first).

In April 2009, I lost about 50 pounds in a three week period. It was rather terrifying. Eventually, additional symptoms began appearing - so naturally I went to a doctor. They ran some tests and told me that I was so dangerously dehydrated, that had I not come in when I did I likely would have died in a few hours. My blood sugar had been so high for so long that I had gone into diabetic ketoacidosis (essentially, acid in my blood) as well as being dehydrated. It was a scary night. After that night, however, I felt better immediately. They kept me in the hospital for a few days to educate me regarding blood sugar control.

In the three years that followed, I've had numerous instances of dangerously low blood sugar, including a few where I've passed out. I've been very fortunate to always have people who understand what's happening near me when that happens, so I'm still alive and kicking today.

Dan

Honestly fig that is terrible ! Considering your friendly nature and all, I have no idea what their problem was. You must honestly live in the worst part of your country. These guys should honestly go serve some jail time.

Well seems drowning is the most common way people have nearly died. I'm sort of kicking myself now for not adding a poll.

Oh and with talk of someone choking on food I recall chocking on something worse.I recall having a bubble bath when I was younger, I sort of ate the bubbles for some reason, but this one time when dipping my head under the water, and then coming back up my head was surrounded by the bubbles. I tried breathing yet all I was doing was inhaling bubbles and I started to choke. Imagine if I did die... I think on my gravestone it would say something like "Boy was murdered by bubble bath LOL" and my parents having to tell others too ;p

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
yes I was walking near a cliff and I fell down, I was able to grab the edge of the cliff with my hands, I looked down and saw the gigantic cliff and the sea below, and my dad that was walking through there helped me back up. I thought I died right there.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Once when I was five I was swimming in a pool. I thought I could swim all the way across, but I underestimated the distance and couldn't make it. I almost drowned, but my mother saved me.

That's the only near-death experience I've ever had, if I recall correctly.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The only near death experience, besides choking on air due to a nightmare, was when my dad and I were play fighting. He got me on the ground (as he usually did) and started choking me -- the rule is if you can't fight back to tap out. Me being the "tough muscle man" I desire to be, tried to fight the choking and get him off. Well, he's like 50% more of my own weight so I couldn't roll over, and he has be pinned to the ground and is choking me. My eyes apparently were bulging out, but I felt almost perfectly fine. I could've died..

Well i have fans waiting for me to post so... I don't know if i could have died but...

withafriendioncetookameathooktothebackofmyshoulderandtherewasalotofredandalotofpainandiremembernotfeelingtoogreataboutanyofitIwasreallycoldandnumbbutiguessthatwasjustshockofpain...

Have fun. :P ^banhammer avoiding technique

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I've never really come close to dying, that I can remember. Also, I have never contemplated nor attempted suicide, because (strangely enough) I don't really ever get depressed. Honestly, I've had a pretty bland life in that sense. The only really exciting thing about my life all has to do with my parents (put simply, they got divorced and then back together later on.... with a bunch of other crap before and between those two incidents), but nothing really ever happens to me. I guess that's technically a good thing, it just doesn't make for a good story. :P

But yeah, I guess the closest I came to death was when I accidentally fell into a swimming pool when I was like 5. Luckily enough, my mom noticed I fell in, and came to get me. I didn't really freak out or anything.... I was just a little shocked that I fell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom