• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Has Any Sort Of Media Made You Cry?

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Like the title emplys, has any sort of media made you cry? If so or if not. Then what as it or what's been the closest? Like has a movie, Video Game, book, Anime/ Cartoon, Manga/Comic book, song or any of that sort made you cry, or has there been a moment where you felt the classic "Throat Knot."

Has the ending of something made you cry? Or has the dead of a fictional character.

Come on, even if you're the manliest of man, you have all cried over something, even if it is as crucial as a movie or such.

I will say some of the times where something has made me cry, now, I am a very cold person, I guess you could say, so I've never cried over anything like this, but here are some of the ones that have came close.

Many MANY games that I've finished as a child, especially Zelda, I get that feeling of "Hell yeah, this is the best moment of my life." and Wind Waker, that was kind of sad at the beggining.

The ending to Luigi's Mansion, it made me feel sad and good for the 2 brothers.

Other than that an anime and manga that have come close to me is "Elfen Lied" and if you have watched it (or read it) then you would know why.

And some video game songs from games of my childhood, they give me such a nostalgia attack.

So what are yours? Or what has come close?

Also: Should this really be on this section? I was wondering wether it belonged in here or in the General Talk...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
There have only been three times when a certain type of media was so sad I cried. But remember, this post contains SPOILERS so read at your own risk, and don't say I didn't warn you.

The first is the episode of Pokemon in which Ash pretty much left Pikachu alone in that forest with all the other Pikachu's because he thought it'd be happier there. But what really made me cry was when Pikachu still came with Ash. Pokemon has never been as touching before or since then, period.

The second was in PMTTYD during Bobbery's backstory. I really feel for the poor pirate bomb. He was out at sea and his wife died. Of course, he blamed himself and refused to go out to sea again. To top it all off, Bobbery's supposed "friend" kept a letter written by Scarlett (Bobbery's wife) from him that he KNEW would probably ease his suffering and allow him to forgive himself. But no, Podley just decided to be a jerk (understatement of the century, lol) and not ease Bobbery's suffering.

Then, there was the ending of PMD2. I knew it was coming, the game made it immensely clear that Pikachu would die when he completed his mission (I always play as Pikachu in that game, sue me), but when it happened I just didn't expect what happened. I cried. I knew it'd happen, but I still cried. It was just how heartbroken and down little Chikorita would be when I died and how without me, she would be all alone and lost without me. I still feel a little heartbroken when I see the ending to that game.

13foxes

I haven't cried because of any media.... I could and I should hold my tears since anyone in my house would be surprised if they saw me crying. And I hate crying. But there were sometimes when I almost cried though. The following contains SPOILERS for those whom haven't read/watched FMA or Naruto.

The first time was in Naruto when I found out Itachi was a good person. He sacrificed all his life pretended to be a traitor, being hated by everyone (me included), just to defend his one and only brother. Even when in his last breath, he didn't say a word about anything. He knew he was going to die, yet he willing accepted it. And the last praised...'Sorry Sasuke, this is the last time'.........It's just so sad and touching. I kept reading it over and over..... Couldn't believe I was wrong the whole time and misjudged him. And now he's death......

The second time was in FMA when Hughes died. A cheerful man who loved his family, his daughter. And he died could even said the last word to his family. And his daughter, knew nothing about the shocking event, kept waiting for her father, who could never go home again....... And in his funeral, everyone stood there silently, too sad to say a single word. His daughter was just kept on screaming for her father, 'Mama, why are they burying papa? If they do that, papa won't be able to do his work! Papa said he had a lot of work to do! No! Don't bury him! Papa!!!'......The mother unable to do anything, all she could do was embraced her little child, crying..... It made me felt really sad... And I though of my own father if anything happened to him....

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I think I may have once cried at something in Lilo and Stitch, though I can't for the life of me remember why as that was so long ago. Usually I refuse to let myself cry about anything because I've developed a sort of...well I just absolutely can't stand crying. I tend to disconnect myself from fictional characters just to avoid the heart-string tugging that usually leads to tears, but sometimes the story is good enough that it almost gets me.

I can't remember too many off the top of my head since I usually force myself to forget such emotional weakpoints, but I seem to clearly remember that a certain song, "Again" by Yui (first opening song to FMA Brotherhood), made me really close to tears on several occasions. It's not even the song itself, just the weird memories I've entangled into it from listening to it when I'm depressed. I don't know if that counts but hey. *shrugs* Only recent example I can remember.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I am a very emotional person and I have cried several times during games.
Examples:

FFVII, when Sephiroth kills Aerith, I knew it was gonna happen, I had already seen the scene on Youtube, but... I dunno, I cried really hard.
Persona 4, when Nanako-chan dies
they were able to reaninimate her later
I mean, she was just an eight-year older, who happened to be your cousin and with whom you shared a tight bond...

Beeker

Wild Card
I don't know why I can never bawl my eyes out at a sad moment, even though I can be a very emotional person myself.. The only thing I really do is tear up. That being said, it's usually videogames(and thier music)that make me cry.

I did feel pretty emotional at some points in SSBB. The points where you see the R.O.B.s sad because they know they're going to die, and The Ancient Minister watching over them regretting what he's done make me cry every time I see them.

And another one is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team. It was when you were about to leave town(I was a Bulbasaur) because you were a fugitive. All your friends come to say goodbye and this sentimental kind of music plays Add that to what was going on and it made me almost break down in tears.

Another Pokemon-related thing that made me cry was Pokemon: The First Movie, at the point where everyone's fighting and Ash gets turned to stone. Pikachu starts crying, and all the other Pokemon and their clones(who they were fighting) began crying too. This made me so sad, I wanted to cry with the Pokemon.:cry:

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
More often than I can count. Some are less embarrassing than others. I never mind admitting I cried at the end of "To Kill a Mockingbird" or "Lord of the Rings." On the other hand, there's the scene in the movie "Sweet Home Alabama", in which they visit a pet cemetery and I start bawling because it reminds me of my childhood pets...

Though actually I don't mind for the most part. It's usually related to my love of animals or I just empathize really strongly with the character. Now, if I were crying because something I wanted to happen didn't actual happen by the end of the book/tv series/game, then that'd be a problem.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Those commercials about the abandoned animals and hurt animals make me cry. That's cruel that people would do that to animals. I also cried at the end of Toy Story 3 and Marley and Me.

✖J◎$Ⓗ⊥∧M0Ⓝ$⊥@✖

Well a few did Transformers 2 I b urst out in tears when Optimus Prime died :kawaii: Uuuum i think a song made me cry once i dnt remember which one but the song went so slow that it reminded me of my uncle who died 2 days before i heard that song... :kawaii:

1 more thing....

:ganondorf:GANON EAT YOU!!!! :xd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom