• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Zelda Games You've Played

I think we all know that AoL is the hardest Zelda game, but what about 2nd and 3rd? Or even 4th and 5th? List the hardest Zelda games you played (any number of them you wish).

Counting down:
  1. Aventure of Link (naturally)
  2. Legend of Zelda
  3. Link to the Past

MW7

1. AOL- by a landslide
2. LOZ- I've played through the game many times and still die occasionally
3. LA- my first Zelda and I know my death count was at least in the 40s the first time. To this day it's still usually around 5. Plus it took me probably 4-5 years to beat (to be fair I started when I was probably 5 years old). Plus some puzzles were disgustingly hard- only OOA is comparable IMO.
4. OOA- Some of the puzzles in this game literally took an hour in of themselves, the only game in the series that did this
5. ALTTP- Hard but eventually I'd get enough bottles that I wouldn't die ever. Some dungeons were confusing though.
6. MM- only 3d Zelda I've ever had a death in (outside of 3 heart runs), even though it was a fluke since I got cocky fighting the Iron Knuckle in the graveyard. The Great Bay Temple might be my pick as the most difficult 3d dungeon ever and Stone Tower Temple wasn't easy by any means.
7. SS- I've only played through the game once, but I don't think I'll ever completely master combat so this game won't ever be a joke to me. Puzzles weren't bad though.
8. TP- Some of the dungeons did make me scratch my head in confusion, mostly the City in the Sky but maybe some of the other ones too. Combat was a complete joke though once you get most of the hidden skills.
9. OOT- Dungeons weren't that hard (slightly easier than TP's IMO), and combat at this point is second nature to me so I can't even remember what it was like starting out.
10. ST- Tower of Spirits was a little confusing at times but that's about it.
11. PH- really don't remember much about this game except that I beat it; couldn't have been that hard though.
12. WW- Nothing could possibly be easier than this. Well except if you consider difficulty of getting 100% on a game- then this shoots near the top of this list. The parry made combat so easy you could literally close your eyes and wait for the sound prompt and press A to beat every enemy flawlessly every time. None of the dungeons seemed difficult either.

I think those are all the games I've played/beaten.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
AoL in a nutshell is the hardest Zelda...I'd even say hardest GAME ever (except that I had more problems with Ninja Gaiden for the NES).
2) ALttP - For some reason or another, I just CANNOT get past this game without dying a single time. I'm bordering on saying that is impossible, but I know it isn't. Gosh I hate how difficult ALttP is...and it really isn't that difficult, I just have terrible timing (Link's hitbox is so huge but his sword's hitbox is so small).

3) Oracle of Ages – Puzzles are puzzling, end of line.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
My top 5 hardest Zelda games:
5. Majora's Mask
4. The Legend of Zelda
3. Skyward Sword
2. Link's Awakening
1. The Adventure of Link

The hardest ones I played would be:
1. A Link to the Past
2. Adventure of Link
I haven't played Legend of Zelda or Link's Awakening or any of the Oracles so I can't list them. I put A Link to the Past first since I saw the game over screen at least twice as much on that one, and I was really patient with Adventure of Link so I had high enough levels to not die so much. A Link to the Past was also the first 2d Zelda game I played, not counting Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks.

P

pfr_77

The NES/SNES ones are just utterly brutal to me. I thought I had gotten proficient enough at LttP to not get destroyed but then the dark world happened.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
1. AOL
2. LOZ
3. Majora's Mask

Definitely the three hardest titles for me thus far. ;w; I have not defeated AOL and LOZ for the fact that I just keep getting stuck and having to put it down, and I had to resort heavily to a walkthrough for Majora's Mask. ;w; At least with everything else I played, I was able to figure most things out on my own, even if it took a while.

If I were to try and beat the other two games, I would probably have to do same, I would guess (use a walkthrough, that is)...though, I'm not sure if it'll make much of a difference for AOL. XD That one is just plain difficult!

Zelda II was by far the hardest Zelda game,the Final Temple was SO hard,it was just insane,but I enjoyed that game,it was really awesome for an NES game.The first game was really hard as well.Link to the past was challenging,but once you get use to the game its not that hard

Haven't played AoL, if I would've it would probably be nr. 1
I'm playing through LoZ right now and it's quite difficult, maybe because I have no idea where to go and I died about 40 times already.
Second would be MM, the puzzles are just really difficult sometimes, but enjoying.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Looking at the 2D games, you would think they'd be the easiest. But they are impossible to beat, at least to me. I regret every playing A Link to the Past, even though I have yet to beat it..

AoL. It's far harder than any Zelda game I've ever played. I've died countless times even though I never got very far. I haven't played it in a while, I should give it another go. With help of a walkthrough, I should find it easier.

For difficulty definitely AOL. I was about fourteen and I think it took me six to nine months to beat. What a bear
LOZ was a close second. I played that back when there were no guides and no internet, at least not in the way we have it today and the second quest took me months.
For 100% completion Windwaker, I just could not for the life of me find one of the heart pieces, never did but I may go back through it someday.

LoZ hands down. Played it on Virtual Console, and missed the map and the manual from the original game, had to use a walkthrough here and there.

I actually didn't think AoL was that bad, but maybe because a 2d platformer just suits me well (played a lot of Mario and Megaman :P), and I don't mind grinding XP either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom