• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest to complete 100%

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
The NES games are obviously the easiest ones to get 100% on. OoT and MM are some of the hardest. I think MM was harder than OoT because of the time and the Stray Faires. I spend roughly an hour on Stone Tower trying to beat it while grabbing the faries... They are hard, but that's what Zelda Dungeon is for! Our guides are dedicated to getting you 100%. I know it takes time, but the results are well worth it. It only took me five months to write the Link's Awakening Walkthrough. I know that sounds long, but that's actually pretty short when it comes to our standards. :)

T

Thomphill7

I will say that MM is the hardest to get to 100% but when it comes to be the easy one to get 100% it will be MC

LANZZ

Scarecrow
The hardest to completed . 100% is OoT, because it have many hidden secret and some of them only can be found with rumble pack.
The easiest is PH.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
With a walkthrough, or without a walkthrough? I can only answer the former... someone who's beaten all the Zelda games without a walkthrough would have to tell us the latter. :embarrassed:

The easiest would be FSA. It's very easy to find everything hidden in those levels. I've gotten all the heart containers and the blue ring on every level in there. That, finding the required inventory items, and beating the game... is just about everything. It's pretty easy to get all the possible Force Gems on the level with practice in 1P mode. The challenge in that game, would be trying to beat it without using a single Force Fairy, and get all Force Gems. It would be at LEAST as hard as ALttP if you did that. :)

The hardest would be MM. It's actually not that hard to find most of the masks with a walkthrough, but the challenge is getting the last four heart pieces and the Fierce Deity's Mask. Some part of you just rebels against giving those stupid guardians all your hard-earned masks, and the mini-dungeons you have to go through to get those last four (and Mask) are horrible, especially the Goron one where you have to roll. Finally, it leaves you feeling too anxious and eager to beat the game, so much that you just want to skip it, because it's literally RIGHT before the end.

The NES games are obviously the easiest ones to get 100% on. OoT and MM are some of the hardest. I think MM was harder than OoT because of the time and the Stray Faires. I spend roughly an hour on Stone Tower trying to beat it while grabbing the faries... They are hard, but that's what Zelda Dungeon is for! Our guides are dedicated to getting you 100%. I know it takes time, but the results are well worth it. It only took me five months to write the Link's Awakening Walkthrough. I know that sounds long, but that's actually pretty short when it comes to our standards. :)

Owa! You really think so?

In my opinion, the hardest Zelda to complete 100% is the original one on the NES.
I have already finished it, and it's almost impossible to find all hearts without a walkthrough or by yourself.
That's because you will find absolutely no clues for most of the heart pieces in the game. Many off them are at completely random places, like a single tree in the middle of a forest. The walls don't have cracks neither emit distinct sounds to reveal they can be broken. It's like trying to find a ship in the ocean with no GPS!

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Am I the only one who finds it hard to get 100% in WW? That's mostly because I have trouble keeping track of the treasure charts. It is so easy to miss one...
MM is also hard to 100%, mostly because a few heart pieces are stupidly hard to get. I'm mostly talking about the ones that require you to get perfect scores in minigames.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
Am I the only one who finds it hard to get 100% in WW? That's mostly because I have trouble keeping track of the treasure charts. It is so easy to miss one...
MM is also hard to 100%, mostly because a few heart pieces are stupidly hard to get. I'm mostly talking about the ones that require you to get perfect scores in minigames.

I really had a lot of trouble with the charts to the point where I was so annoyed that I actually quit the game and have yet to complete it. Finding the pieces of the Triforce was very tedious for me and I did not enjoy it at all. However I would say MM is the hardest game to 100% because of the sheer expanse of everything needed to do. Some of the quests for masks such as the couples mask teeter on the edge of impossibility without some sort of aid, as well as things like the Skulltula houses can be a tad annoying. To its credit though, MM is incredibly fun to 100% and for sure gives a strong feeling of accomplishment when doing such.

I am going to have to agree with some of the other posters on TP being the easiest game to 100% out of all the ones I have personally done a 100% run of. A lot of the things were pretty easy to find with a bit of exploration and time. OOT is also not a terribly challenging game to 100% but it does take a good amount of effort and willpower to collect all the Skulltulas.

R

RyanP

I'd personally say 100% completing the Oracle games are the hardest, although I think that's mainly due to all the secrets and links between the two games. Most the games are quite easy to gain 100% on, and can normally be done during the main quest first time. However, the two Oracle games require game restarts if you want a true 100% completion for each one.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Here's a countdown for the games I played. From hardest to easiest. This list does not include AoL because that game in itself is hard.

1. OoT will always be the hardest for me because I do not have the attention span to go out and find every single gold skulluta.

2... no wait... 1 TP seems easy, but I still haven't found all the poes nor caught all the fish. I take it back, TP is the hardest because of Hena's roll game in the fishing hut. End of discussion.

3. ST I'm not sure about because I just wanted to know the story with that one when I played so I never tried collecting everything. It is difficult because getting all the items for train parts takes awhile if you can't trade with other people. And I mean a LONG while.

4. ALttP. Pretty much because I just really wanted to beat that hard game and ignored items I absolutely did not need. Even though I wound up finding a bunch on the way, they were all really difficult to get.

5. MC is hardish because if you don't fuse kingstones with certain people beforehand, you can't do it later. If that happens, you'll never complete 100 percent.

6. MM is actually pretty easy for me. Though I've never gotten all the heart pieces, I know where they all are and I know how to get all the upgrades and masks. (The only tricky part is the heartpiece in the Zora part of the moon and remembering which ones you've gotten after rewinding time.)

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I'm going to laugh if anyone says that Wind Waker is the hardest.

...You can laugh now.

Yes, Wind Waker was the hardest for me. >_< Majora's Mask is quite easy in my opinion. The only mask I had trouble getting was the Fierce Deity Mask. Everything else was pretty simple and also fun. With Wind Waker, however... Seriously, even the Heart Pieces bugged me. All that sailing around for Treasure Charts and stuff... It was aggravating. PLUS, Nintendo thought up of the greatest idea that after you complete Wind Waker the first time, you get to go back and do EVERYTHING again--but now with a giant figurine collection you have to complete along with it!!! >_< And since you can only take three pictures at a time...

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Hardest, Majora's Mask - so many heart pieces and masks, I would have 100%, but there is one heart piece I cannot find for my life and since it is my oldest file, I can't remember which heart piece I have and don't have.

Easiest, The Legend of Zelda - The only things you have to collect are a few Heart Containers, which are REALLY easy to find if you had NINTENDO POWER!

The NES games are obviously the easiest ones to get 100% on.
I think you're mistaking how easy it is when you know the game or have a walkthrough with how easy it is blind, which should generally be the point of this thread.

The original NES games are unbelievably vague about secrets. Even the main dungeons are incredibly hard to find if you don't have a guide to consult.

Other than the NES games, I guess I'd agree with Majora's Mask. Tons of secrets and many are very hard to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom