• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Hardest Final Boss????

K

Kaepora

What is the hardest final boss in Zelda history? Please reply with your answer. mine is a tie between dark link (AoL) without going to the corner and cheating and the whole Majora sequence (MM) without the fierce diety mask.

Out of the ones I've completed (see sig), this is how I'd rank them in difficulty:
1 - Demise (SS) - Took me several attempts
2 - Bellum (PH)
3 - Ganon (ALTTP)
4 - Ganondorf (TP)
5 - Ganondorf (TWW)

6/7 tie between Ganon (OOT) and Majora (MM), both were painfully easy IMO

Z

Zelant

Vaati from The Minish Cap gave me the hardest time for some reason...

MW7

Seriously the only ones that gave me trouble were Gannon from LOZ and Ganondorf/Ganon from TP. Seems pretty random based on what everyone else is saying but those were the only challenging ones for me. I do have to note that I abused the corner against Dark Link and used the Fierce Deity's Mask against Majora (for the first playthrough at least) so while I acknowledge that they are probably the two hardest, my experience fighting them was extremely easy due to the tactics I used. In retrospect I could have also used the fishing rod trick in TP to make the fight easier, but I had no idea that worked when I first played through the game.

Also I wouldn't consider going in the corner against Dark Link to be cheating because there's no rule that you have to be on the offensive when you fight him. The player being passive is his achille's heel just as virtually every other Zelda boss has a weakness. I would say that his particular weakness is probably more likely due to a flaw in programming than intended by the game designers, but it did make it into the final version of the game. I understand if you consider it cheating within your own playing of the game, but it's not like Nintendo declared "Oh by the way we screwed up so don't go into the corner against Dark Link because it's cheating." I do agree though that with that caveat of not going into the corner he is the hardest. However if you get into caveats then there's nothing stopping me from saying Ganon from OOT is the hardest boss if you wear the iron boots the whole time and only allow yourself to use the megaton hammer and master sword for only the final hit.

Keep in mind I don't really believe all this and I'm more just playing devil's advocate. I do think it being cheating is a bit of a stretch though.

Last edited:
I am shocked if you do not say Zelda II"s Dark Link. As with all other bosses in that game, the final one is freaking insane! An enemy that endeavors to counter your every move, aggressively pursuing its target and defending when necessary. That's sure to give any players shivers for quite awhile!

Out of the ones I've completed (see sig), this is how I'd rank them in difficulty:
2 - Bellum (PH)
3 - Ganon (ALTTP)
4 - Ganondorf (TP)
5 - Ganondorf (TWW)

6/7 tie between Ganon (OOT) and Majora (MM), both were painfully easy IMO

Just to update my list quoted above: I've just finished spirit tracks. And to be honest, I found that final boss frustratingly difficult. So I'm ranking it 2nd on my list just after Demise!

New list:

2 - Malladus (ST)
3 - Bellum (PH)
4 - Ganon (ALTTP)
5 - Ganondorf (TP)
6 - Ganondorf (TWW)

7 - Ganon (OOT)
8 - Majora (MM)

ummm... i have to say that i think that ganon from the original zelda was hard, but the hardest was probably by far majoras mask

blackenedktulu

Fierce Deity
Vaati - Minish Cap (I've had the game since release, and I still haven't seen the credits - I can't beat Vaati, at all. Ever.)

I'm a bit of a completionist - so I got all of the masks before fighting Majora, and so I don't think I've ever fought that battle sans the Fierce Deity mask.

Really? Looks like I'll grab that last rabbit and head into the Dark Realm myself.

For me it was rather difficult yeah, but a lot of it had to do with the stylus controls. You may find it easier than I did, as I probably suck with the stylus lol

Regarding majora, I found him probably the easiest final boss out of all 8 zelda games I've completed. And that was without the diety mask (I never even got that mask). So I'm surprised some people have said majora was the hardest, I found it a breeze.

For me it's demise, and the 2 DS bosses too that frustrated me (mainly due to the stylus controls). I guess different people are better at certain types of bosses than others and vice versa.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom