• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Groose... Reincarnated?

G

Gorfon

I think Rauru is Gaeporas descendant. Also I remember someone saying that the tattoos on Gonzo and Alfonzo look like a pompadour.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I'll call this a far-fetched connection at best. Nintendo may retcon this and give Gonzo some spiky hair in the future, but I'll have to say the relationship seems coincidental. I know SS has us all looking for reincarnations, but Zelda and Link are the only really established ones as of yet.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i think you are onto someting man, the only thing i dont uderstand is groose to the gerudo. i dont understand the link there but if we are gonna do what we can to except the SS origin story to help us from picking it apart like we have, but all the links form SS characters are makeing sense in this thread. so maybe this will help all the bickering between our selvs and collectively come together for everyone to understand

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I actually do think there are similarities between the two, Gonzo and Groose....

For one both seem to be of a similar build, both are short tempered. They actually both are loyal to Zelda or in The Wind Waker's case, Tetra. Groose is also seen as a bit of a ring leader in Skyward Sword and this is also the case with Gonzo in TWW as he orders the pirates around. Another thing I noticed is that even though both seem to be tough guys they actually are sensitive in a way, Groose this way with Zelda and Impa and I remember some mentioning of Gonzo crying over Tetra.

I had always thought that Groose is an early descendent of the Gerudo tribe, I have seen many theories on this and I think it has a strong case. However as we know Gerudo'sdo not show up in TWW so where could they have went? We know that in Majora Mask that Gerudo's were actually pirates. Now could the Pirates from TWW be related to Gerudo's? I mean some even have the distinct tanned skin colour that mkst Gerudo's, I am actually strongly believing in this theory at the moment.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I had always thought that Groose is an early descendent of the Gerudo tribe, I have seen many theories on this and I think it has a strong case. However as we know Gerudo'sdo not show up in TWW so where could they have went? We know that in Majora Mask that Gerudo's were actually pirates. Now could the Pirates from TWW be related to Gerudo's? I mean some even have the distinct tanned skin colour that mkst Gerudo's, I am actually strongly believing in this theory at the moment.

sounds to me like you at least thought it through so you could present it in an informal way that makes sense so i dont see anyone arguing this point, you made point that put me at ease with Groose being a descendant of the tribe. Kudos CoolGuys

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
*falls down and screams* NO! One game is MORE than enough for me!!!
*cries in corner* Oh goddess no... I'd prefer Ghirahim...

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
No. I think SS was going for a big bully who pounded on Link. They also had to add in the whole bird-name-and-appearance thing. Gonzo is the only connection I can see as legitimate. They're both big softies. Well, at least some of the time. I honestly don't see any connection between Groose and the Gerudo. They have a similar hair color, but the male's appearance is totally different. That's like connecting the Fierce Deity to Skyview Temple due to their similar color schemes.

i can see the possibility in the OP and it owuld be pretty cool and Gonzo isnt far off Groose really. More-so though, since the fans love Groose i wonder if we'll see him back in more of an obvious reincarnation like Malon in OoT and MC and of course Beedle, Link and Zelda. It'll probably happen.

There are many references, but he looks like Alfonzo from Spirit Tracks more.

Well, Alfonzo is most likely Gonzo's descendant, he looks a lot like Gonzo himself and claims that his family had served the royal family for generations. He was once head guard himself, until he left for his own reasons. So there could still be that progression: Groose to Gonzo to Alfonzo.

As to my opinion on this whole thing: Cool. It's possible, even probable, that the Skylofitans' descendants would get themselves mixed up in this whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom