• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Good Idea?

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
I know zelda is kinda a serious game and i love it but what if nintendo made a mario party game up with zelda characters. Zelda party or link party. any way i think it would be a good idea because I like the mario party series (when i play it) but i think it would be awesome if nintendo did something like that

They've actually made enough side games that I think they could function as some of the mini-games in such a title. I doubt I would ever play this game, as I have never played any of the side games before. But the idea could be neat...

R

Red Waffles

I don't think it would be much of a sucess and the fans would rampage about it. I think it would destoy the overall image of zelda and turn into a child's game like mario has become.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
It's not a bad idea, but it's someting they would never come up with. I mean take Fortune Street for example, it takes Mario characers and Dragon Quest characters together to make a similiar game and it hasn't gone over very well, so I doubt just using Zelda characters to make such a game wouldn't work well either.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
No. Zelda isn't a game where the characters all get together to play some minigames. It's an epic legend and every game is part of a large story. It wouldn't fit to just suddenly put a game that isn't a part of the legend. Perhaps a cameo in a game that does do that sort of thing, but not a whole game revolving around the Zelda characters.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Idk, Mario Party iosn't doing so well anymore, it was in its glory days on the Gamecube. I have considered a Zelda kart, though, with Zelda characters and Hyrule-themed tracks instead of Mario Kart. That sounds pretty cool to me.

How precisely could a spinoff of any sort ruin the image of Zelda? How would the existence of a Zelda party game ruin the rest of the Zelda games when it would not change the main series at all? Furthermore, how can you really say it wouldn't fit considering the inherent element of playfulness and humor within basically every single Zelda game since ever?

Sure, I wouldn't mind seeing a Zelda game like Mario Party. I have no particular interest in it, but Mario Party looks fun and I don't see how the idea could do any harm to Zelda, and it would be interesting to see Zelda-themed minigames. In some ways it would be interesting to see them perhaps take a more hardcore take on it, with minigames more based on actual Zelda concepts, like miniature dungeons, Four Sword-esque sequences, mini boss fights, or minigames involving Zelda items. That might be interesting. Alternatively, they could just make a Mario Party type game more in the style of Smash Brothers and have it feature many Nintendo series. Either way would be fine for me. I see no reason why Zelda shouldn't experiment with spinoffs. It's large enough and they can't hurt the main series.

I don't think it would be much of a sucess and the fans would rampage about it. I think it would destoy the overall image of zelda and turn into a child's game like mario has become.
See above, but also, how would it not be a success? People already do fan works where they put the entirety of Zelda's (often ridiculous) cast into tons of wacky situations, so it's a notion that Zelda fandom is already well accustomed to. Again, how does a spinoff hurt the image of the main series, especially when the nature of it exists within said series? And finally, how is Mario a child's game? Family friendly =/= child's game.

Link beating the crap out of mario and friends? it works...

Link partying with mario and friends, rolling dice and playing mini games? nah he'd prolly turn that into a mini super smash bros.

-_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom