• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudo

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I just thought of something.
What if Ganondorf had Zant, Veran, and Onox wear the Gerudo symbol simply because hes a Gerudo himself, and its like a symbol for himself...instead of because Zant, Veran, and Onox are all Gerudo?

don 't know about veran and onox because i never played the oracle series.
but one thing is for sure, zant is still wearing the robe even before he meets ganondorf.

and avenged, sorry if i was not paying good attention of your past posts about the gerudo symbol. well either way i'm still kinda proud of myself that i found it out on my own :D

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=gn5PEuMJSYQ

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
I've already debated with Avenged about this, but I do not believe the Twili and the Gerudo are the same people. When Ganon was banished, the twilight realm already existed for quite some time, and the Twili already there. If Ganon was banished at any point after OoT, the Sages should have known he held the Triforce of Power, but they clearly did not.

I've already debated with Avenged about this, but I do not believe the Twili and the Gerudo are the same people. When Ganon was banished, the twilight realm already existed for quite some time, and the Twili already there. If Ganon was banished at any point after OoT, the Sages should have known he held the Triforce of Power, but they clearly did not.
True, true. But think about this: Maybe the Gerudo that were banished were the Gerudo that're related to Koume and Kotake(Twinrova). The Twinrova sisters seemed to have magic powers, and they were Gerudo. Just a thought...

Back on page 1, Avenged stated that the Twili were actually the Gerudo. As you all know, the Gerudo is an all female tribe withe only one male born every 100 years. The only way that Avenged's theory could be true, is if the male Gerudo lived on well past that 100 years. If my memory serves correct, the Twili were all males after you brok the curse on them. Unless females run around with no shirts on regularly in Zelda games. I could be wrong, but I think they were males...

Midna did. And also, the Gerudo are known to live quite some time....When Link killed Twinrova, she was about 300 years old which explains why we see the same Ganon in all the Zelda games (aside from him having the Triforce of Power which im sure extends his life greatly). If you all recall, Twinrova was also said to be Ganondorf's 'mother' sort to speak. So we have seen good and bad with this race....Nabooru being one of the good, but she wasn't always good...she served Ganondorf well just like every other Gerudo.

Also, it was said in TP that Ganondorf was the true King of the Twilight and Zant's power was false. King of Gerudo...King of Twilight...hmmm

Edit - It is said that the banished tribe broke into the Sacred Realm (the golden land) to try and claim the Triforce and seize the realm. Now lets take a look at a quote from the ALttP manual....

"one day, quite by accident, a gate to the Golden Land of the Triforce was opened by a gang of thieves skilled in the black arts."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 121

Ganondorf wasn't the true leader of the twili. Midna was the one with power thats how she shattered the mirror.

Ofcourse he was, what happened when Ganondorf was defeated? Midna turned back to her true form.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
True, true. But think about this: Maybe the Gerudo that were banished were the Gerudo that're related to Koume and Kotake(Twinrova). The Twinrova sisters seemed to have magic powers, and they were Gerudo. Just a thought...

I can see the Twili being RELATED to the Gerudo, just not the same Gerudo seen in OoT.

Ofcourse he was, what happened when Ganondorf was defeated? Midna turned back to her true form.

Huh? Ganondorf's power is different then the Twili's power, because of the Triforce of Power. That isn't proof he is leader.

I can see the Twili being RELATED to the Gerudo, just not the same Gerudo seen in OoT.

Huh? Ganondorf's power is different then the Twili's power, because of the Triforce of Power. That isn't proof he is leader.

Play the battle with 'Ganon' again. He uses the power of the twilight to turn invisible. And as I said before Midna didnt turn back to her original form until Ganondorf was defeated, I think that says something.

D

Deleted member 121

Maybe what that implies is that Ganondorf used the power of the triforce to make midna an imp.

Yeah I suppose it is possible, cuz I recall Zant saying the curse he placed on her by the magic of his god. But here is the winning quote that makes it more fact than theory to me that the Gerudo are the Twili. But still, we wont know for sure until a TP sequal or prequal releases.

Ganondorf : "Your people have long amused me, Midna. To defy the gods with such petty magic,
only to be cast aside... How very pathetic.
Pathetic as they were, though, THEY SERVED ME WELL. Their anguish was my
nourishment."

(Pretty much stating that Midnas people were also Ganondorfs followers, that being the Gerudo tribe. The Gerudo tribe has been stated to be an ancient tribe whom dwelled magic.)

Scene : [Ganon dissolves into twilight and uses Zelda's soulless body as his own]

Ganondorf : "Both of you, faithless fools who would dare to take up arms against the king of
light and shadow..." There you go...King of light and SHADOW.

MIDNA :
'Traitors, ha! You want to know why none would call you king? It was your eyes,
Zant.
All saw it, a lust for power burning in your pupils... Did you think we'd
forget our ancestors lost their king to such greed?"

Ok two key things here. The first and most obvious is "our ancestors lost their king to such greed"..comparing whoever this person was that attempted or may have in fact claimed the Triforce to Zant. This person more than likely being, Ganondorf. ALttP and OoT talk plenty of Ganondorfs greed for the sacred power known as the Triforce.

The second key thing here is...ancestors king. That could very well mean there wasnt a king of this tribe for quite some time since the last...my theory is this..'only one male Gerudo is born once every 100 years'. first King Gerudo being Ganondorf, but the second male Gerudo was Zant...he was seen as a King, but as Midna stated...he was a false idol.

Ok, the following quote, mainly towards the end pretty much says this. Zant was deinied such magic power that the King possesed,meaning he wasnt ever the true King of the Twilight. He believed he would be the next ruler of the tribe, but was denied and soon did he meet the true ruler known as Ganondorf.

Zant :
"You speak of magic? Still your tongue for a moment, whelp, and I will tell you
of both magic and the oppression of ages...
The people of our tribe...a tribe that mastered the arts of magic...were locked
away in this world like insects in a cage.
In the shadows we regressed, so much so that we soon knew neither anger nor
hatred...nor even the faintest bloom of desire.
And all of it was the fault of a useless, do-nothing royal family that had
resigned itself to this miserable half-existence!
I had served and endured in that depraved household for far too long, my
impudent princess.
And why, you ask? Because I believed I would be the next to rule our people!
THAT is why!
But would they acknowledge me as their king? No! And as such, I was denied the
magic powers befitting our ruler.
It was then, in the thrall of hatred and despair, that I turned my eyes to the
heavens...and found a god."

I would also like to point out that both Zant and Ganondorf always quote themselves saying something along the lines of helping or saving their people. Back when Ganondorf was the King of the Gerudo in OoT...he sought out for the triforce to not only rule Hyrule but too help the gerudo by giving them Hyrule itself pretty much...a selfish deed. Zant is doing the same...trying to take over Hyrule with the darkness of the twilight to give back the land. Heres another quote saying Ganondorf is the King of the Twilight.

Zant "This power is granted to me by my god! It is the magic of the King of Twilight,
and you WILL respect it!"

He says the power granted to him was from the magic of the King of Twilight (obviously being Ganondorf) Need I say more?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 121

IF the gerudo are the twili then why were all of them locked up? why not just Ganondorf? This likely has alot to do with the split timeline theory.

K

kris94

I have asked myself the same question about that making a child thing

and, maybe they can get childrens whit other females,
it is another race so, who knows

There are a few mysterious I find to be quite odd with the Gerudo race. Apparently there is one male Gerudo every 100 years. So how exactly do they keep existing? Don't they need to have children? My guess is that means the Gerudo either head on over to town, find a man, and have a child. Or maybe, just that Gerudo male is the only father of all the Gerudo children. What if there is a female child that is born? There is so much that doesn't make sense about the Gerudo race.

This is the conclusion I came to with Ganon imprisoned there race probably went extinct cuz he wasn't there to keep it goin'. I bet the gerudo probably live a long time and when the next male is born the previous one jus takes it easy and has a good retirement.

TheManInTheMoon

I've Done Been Ganked!
I haven't read everything here so sorry if it was already posted, but
gossip stone said:
They say that Gerudos sometimes
come to Hyrule Castle Town to
look for boyfriends.
and FSA shows that they atleast lasted until around ALttP, but they're said to be nomads at that time, so they may have left hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom