• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudo

Thats possible, but TP does in fact take places 'hundreds' of years after OoT, there could have been several males born by then.

M

MiniMeMilo

That's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe in the Twilight Realm many laws do not come into effect. Maybe they can live for up to, say, 1000 years. Maybe more, who knows? But where were all the females? Maybe it turned out like an ant colony where the queen(Midna) has like 100 babies per day. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea.

Yea, but from what I seen in the twilight realm, we saw the twili in the palace only due to not being able to visit the whole twilight realm in general. but who knows, Im sure the next console Zelda will reveal more details.

Kybyrian

Tch, if they explain anymore about the Twilight Realm and pick it up again in another Zelda game.

The Gerudos have always interested me. Like many of you, I always thought that it was weird that a male was born every 100 years. I also wondered how they continued to make children. But that seems to be solved by that gossip stone quote :p

I never really payed too close attention to the many details that Twilight Princess provided to determine that the Gerudo people are in fact Twili. That's quite interesting.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I hate how Nintendo leaves unresolved things like this. Us fans are forced to find connections and rely on them.. then a new game is released that makes it even more complicated. Let alone having to think about the Minish.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I've progressed further in Twilight Princess, (just reached the Palace of Twilight), but I'm not sure I agree with everything that said here.

During the Ocarina of Time, I don't really remember the Gerudo being supportive of Ganondorf. I do remember Nabooru acting as an enemy to the Ganondorf, but I don't really remember much relation from the Gerudo to Ganondorf other than the obvious, him being the single male and being of Gerudo descent. So why would the Gerudo be banished? For just being theives? It seems to me that they had their own little civilization and just didn't like outsiders. In fact, they even opened up to Link when he proved himself worthy.

I've read online that there have been theories that the Twili are descendents from the Zuna tribe from the Four Swords Adventures.
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Zuna
The Gerudo were a seperate tribe from the Zuna in FSA, but I won't go into this because it is a topic of its own.

The Gerudo to me have always been a very loyal trible group. Always bonded close with one another, much closer than the other races in the Zelda world. Thus, perhaps they travel in packs and just during the time periods of the games, they weren't living in the area of the game. This could explain why they are only found in a select few Zelda titles. (Not counting Ganondorf and Twinrova)

Thats a good point, Mases.
And-
The inscription on the stone tablet behind the Trident shows that it was designed for evil purposes by an evil race. One of the maidens says to Link that a dark tribe tried to invade Hyrule, but were defeated and sealed inside the Dark Mirror, found inside the Temple of Darkness. It seems to fit that the evil tribe that was sealed inside the Dark Mirror, are the Zuna ancestors, as they may have used their Trident to attempt to take over Hyrule.
*SPOILER WARNING*
---
At the end of TP, Midna uses a Trident type thing after she uses the fused shadows to transform, if I remember correctly.
---
*END SPOILER WARNING*

The "Dark Mirror" is no doubt the Mirror of the Twilight.

So maybe the Zuna are the Twili...

Kybyrian

I'm thinking, that they were banished, because as you can see, weren't very friendly to others. Unlike Link, almost everybody in Hyrule is too scared to do anything, and are generally weak. The Gerudo captured the carpenters in Ocarina of Time, and pretty much denied access to anybody. Even I would open up to a person if they had defeated all those people and passed them all up. Nabooru always seemed a bit nicer than the other Gerudo. She sure didn't like Ganondorf, I know that; but that was because he wanted complete control, and wanted to share it with nobody.

I think we're missing another important detail.
If the Twili are the Gerudos, then how did they get a hold of that ancient magic in the first place?
Also, Im pretty sure it said that they were banished because they tried to invade Hyrule or something like that...Why would the Gerudos invade Hyrule? Gerudo Desert is still part of Hyrule, and the Gerudos looked pretty happy there to me ;)

Kybyrian

Well, you know how the Gerudo's were capturing people who came close? And well, they were bandits. Perhaps they were pilfering from the people in Hyrule and were forever banished once and for all. It seems reasonable. They were a band of thieves. I do believe that they are the Twili. How they got ahold of the Ancient Magic? Don't ask me :p

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I'm thinking, that they were banished, because as you can see, weren't very friendly to others. Unlike Link, almost everybody in Hyrule is too scared to do anything, and are generally weak. The Gerudo captured the carpenters in Ocarina of Time, and pretty much denied access to anybody. Even I would open up to a person if they had defeated all those people and passed them all up. Nabooru always seemed a bit nicer than the other Gerudo. She sure didn't like Ganondorf, I know that; but that was because he wanted complete control, and wanted to share it with nobody.

the carpenters were captured because they were males. yes the gerudo are just thieves, for far as i know ganondorf, and those two whitches are gerudo 's that can use magic.
Nabooru didn 't like ganondorf because he killed lots of innocent lives, or something like that.

Wow some good points, you're missing one valid point Mases, FSA is a SPINOFF. Even if we were to count it as part of the timeline and if your theory is correct, then ALttP must have happened before Twilight Princess as well (along with FS).

Plus..the fact that Ganondorf himself is using the power of the Twili...and the fact he is the first to be banished to the Twilight Realm.

Here's a most obvious reason why the Gerudo were banished...Ganondorf tried to take over Hyrule! By now you should know he is in fact a Gerudo...Now how can the people of Hyrule prevent another sick magic wielding gerudo from taking over Hyrule?...hmm banishment? I think so. Yes, the Gerudo race are in fact wielders of the 'black magic'. They have always wielded this magic...It even says in ALttP that Magdrag Ganon (Ganondorf Dragmire) is exceptional at the black arts...

Ok, now we're saying the dark Mirror is the same as the Mirror of Twilight? Ok, we might as well say the Magic Mirror from ALttP is as well..since it too gives Link access to a 'darkworld' oh wait, its just the Golden Land. Hell, we might as well say the Magic Book from LoZ is the Book of Mudora...and the Triforce of Courage..is also the Triforce of Power!!! LOL anyways...We wont truly know until TP's sequal releases...oops, I've said too much...

Also, one more thing..the Gerudo being banished would make total sense (kinda like a loophole for Nintendo) since well...Gerudo has not appeared in the games following TP in the timeline, that be including...ALttP, LA, LoZ, AoL, Oracles...

Last edited:
Also, one more thing..the Gerudo being banished would make total sense (kinda like a loophole for Nintendo) since well...Gerudo has not appeared in the games following TP in the timeline, that be including...ALttP, LA, LoZ, AoL, Oracles...
Yeah, that makes sense. Nintendo probably did it on accident though, lol.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Wow some good points, you're missing one valid point Mases, FSA is a SPINOFF. Even if we were to count it as part of the timeline and if your theory is correct, then ALttP must have happened before Twilight Princess as well (along with FS).

Plus..the fact that Ganondorf himself is using the power of the Twili...and the fact he is the first to be banished to the Twilight Realm.

Here's a most obvious reason why the Gerudo were banished...Ganondorf tried to take over Hyrule! By now you should know he is in fact a Gerudo...Now how can the people of Hyrule prevent another sick magic wielding gerudo from taking over Hyrule?...hmm banishment? I think so. Yes, the Gerudo race are in fact wielders of the 'black magic'. They have always wielded this magic...It even says in ALttP that Magdrag Ganon (Ganondorf Dragmire) is exceptional at the black arts...

Ok, now we're saying the dark Mirror is the same as the Mirror of Twilight? Ok, we might as well say the Magic Mirror from ALttP is as well..since it too gives Link access to a 'darkworld' oh wait, its just the Golden Land. Hell, we might as well say the Magic Book from LoZ is the Book of Mudora...and the Triforce of Courage..is also the Triforce of Power!!! LOL anyways...We wont truly know until TP's sequal releases...oops, I've said too much...

i believe that the gerudo are the twili, but something bothers me.
midna also said in the game that the magic that zant used is different that the twili tribe used. and we all know ganondorf gave him that power. so what does that means? that ganondorf use only the triforce of power or is it that ganondorf magic is also ancient magic?

Yes he says he obtained the power of the gods as well...meaning he too used the power of the Triforce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom