• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudo

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I really am not ready to make any assumptions. I've read online about the Zuna from Four Swords Adventures, but I haven't played the game. Thus, all the information I've heard or read has been just opinionated works over other people. Things with the trident of power from lttp, etc...

Also, I've yet to complete Twilight Princess (at the Palace of Twilight), so I can't make a full judgement about the Twili either.

Overal, both seem very plausable and just from the information I've read, I think I'd lean more towards the Zuna, but I'd love to play through the game myself and check it out more extensively.

The Zuna need to make more appearances for this to be believeable in my opinion. Since all in all, the Twili have only made one apperance and the Zuna have only made one apperance, while the Gerudo have made limited appearances. Not truly enough to get accurate data on all three tribes and make the connections. I surely hope we get more information on these trio of tribes.

D

Deleted member 121

I don't think that the Gerudo are the Twili. I think that the Zuna are, even if they are from a "SPINOFF". I think that the only reason we've seen the Gerudo in limited games is that they're not part of Hyrule. They are likely their own nation, one of the sages just happened to come from the Gerudo tribe.

Onilink, PH takes place in the same dimension as WW, it's just in another reigon. The area in WW wasn't the whole world, neither is PH. The fact is that the Gerudo might have become pirates perhaps not. Maybe those two aren't the only Gerudos left, they're just seperated from the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prove to me that FS, FSA, ALttP, and TMC happens before TP...then I will back down from my theory about the Gerudo being the Twili.

D

Deleted member 121

Well Avenged, The Triforce was seperated in OoT and seems to remain that way or in pieces through out the following games (WW, OOS/OOA, LoZ) yet in ALttP the Triforce is whole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so it is impossible in your theory there...All Im trying to say is..if the Zuna are the Twili...then FS would have to be before TP...FSA and TMC would as well seeing how they both tie in with the Four Sword saga....and the same with ALttP thanks to nintendo since FSA and ALttP are linked in its newer form.

D

Deleted member 121

Wait, have you played FSA? they said that they were a remnant of a tribe that was sealed in realm of darkness (or something like that) for trying to take over long ago, like at the beginning of time.

Yes I've played it (I've played pretty much every single Zelda game, excluding the Tingle RPG). Ok...so in that theory they can be both. Just like the Koroks are the remnant on the Kokiri...Gerudo>Twili>Zuna. All desert habitants...no?

I just go with the obvious, Ganondorf was the first to be banished to the Twilight Realm (dont believe me..play TP again, cutscene after Arbiters Grounds). And the fact he possesses power of the Twili...

Telma is hylian...she has the pointy ears first off and resides in..Hyrule Castle Town. And if Im correct all gerudo have rounded ears...including Ganondorf.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
It is really hard to say with Zant and Midna since they always have something covering their ears, so we don't know if they are pointed or not. For what it's wort, the imp version of Midna has really pointy ears.

Prove to me that FS, FSA, ALttP, and TMC happens before TP...then I will back down from my theory about the Gerudo being the Twili.

Like I've said, I haven't played FSA so all I'm going by is what I've read on the internet. One thing that I have read about the Zuna though is that it says that the Zuna didn't really create the Trident of Power, but their ancestors did. These ancestors were skilled in magic but don't exactly have a name, but it seems logical that they may not actually be the Zuna, but just ancestors. The Gerudo, Twili, and Zuna could all be descendents of this 'dark magic tribe'.

This could explain why the Gerudo have close similarities to the Twili and the Zuna and also why the Twili and Zuna have similarities. Years ago they could have been a part of the same tribe that did create the Trident of Power. The trident could have been created long before anything in any of the Zelda games ever took place. I don't remember if the series ever touched on when the Master Sword was created, but it seems logical that the Trident of Power was created at the same time, as an opposition to the MasterSword.

Thus, I don't think the placement of the games matters as much. The Trident could been created by this ancient evil tribe that is unknown to us and then later evolved into three seperate tribes, the Gerudo, the Twili, and the Zuna. I really hope Nintendo sheds some more light on the subject. Perhaps if this is true, there are more branches of descendents that exist in the Zelda World that we have never heard of.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
i found something interesting
you know that i made the topic OOT mirror shield
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=223

and my question was what the new symbol was, and the awnser thats its the gerudo symbol. i finnaly found out where i had seen it before
Nabooru.jpg

now pay attention to the symbol on its robe on the front, its like a converted gerudo symbol
http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/a/ac/Zant.jpg
NOTE: image is quite big bet at least you can take a close look.

If you read any of my past posts, you would have already realized that it is the Gerudo symbol ;)

I just thought of something.
What if Ganondorf had Zant, Veran, and Onox wear the Gerudo symbol simply because hes a Gerudo himself, and its like a symbol for himself...instead of because Zant, Veran, and Onox are all Gerudo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom