• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gamestop Used Ps3?

My parents wont allow me to buy a ps3 unless it's used even though I have the money:S because they view gaming as waste of time and I should do more of what they want me to do with my free time:( . Are used consoles from GameStop good and reliable? If not where's a good place to get a used ps3?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Used consoles from GS are good and reliable. I know because I have one and it's going three months strong. no issues at all :)

ILU

i luv u
As a GS employee, I'll tell you to buy one only if you can look at it. Not all employees clean them out. However, they ARE tested. And you can get your money back, unlike with a new one. So yeah, get one if you really want it.

Yep. Like ILU, I actually used to work there, and while I hate it to the core, I'd be lying to you if I said that their used consoles are worthless pieces of filth. They are tested, and unless something is egregiously wrong with them, they are quite reliable. The egregiously bad ones are usually shipped off to the scrapper anyway (that is, if they're accepted to begin with), so no worries. However, if you're still a tad worried, just keep the receipt...

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I suggest ebay. You can find consoles on their surprisingly cheap. I once saw 360 for $20 no controllers or games. Put some time into the bidding, and you can get some sweet deals. Its how I get a lot of my games and books.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I suggest ebay. You can find consoles on their surprisingly cheap. I once saw 360 for $20 no controllers or games. Put some time into the bidding, and you can get some sweet deals. Its how I get a lot of my games and books.

The problem with eBay is that you have no way of knowing if it actually works. Some game stores will plug in the console for you if you want to test it, but you cannot do that online. I've been totally screwed from using online retailers before.

It is definitely good to buy used. If I didn't get my PS3 after the price dropped, I probably would have gotten a used one. I have a used Wii, and it works fine. I have never had a problem with it, and I've had it since 2008 I believe. But I do suggest at least asking the retailer if you are allowed to test it out first anyway, just to be sure. A lot of retailers will let you, but not all will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom