• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gamescom 2011

S

SamanthaAshley

Gamescom???

If an announcement about Zelda: Skyward Sword was going to be made at Gamescom 2011 which day of the show would it be made on? From what i have seen Nintendo doesn't seem to have an official press conference lined up (unlike Sony). Can they still make important announcements?!

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
If an announcement about Zelda: Skyward Sword was going to be made at Gamescom 2011 which day of the show would it be made on? From what i have seen Nintendo doesn't seem to have an official press conference lined up (unlike Sony). Can they still make important announcements?!

Even without a press conference they can still announce stuff because they will still have interviews and stuff like that.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
These are two videos of the demo from Gamescom, It will have the file selection music from every other Zelda:), on the bird riding demo when Link jumps off Skyloft and you don't press anything it will automatically press it, there is a hand sign at the bottom right (the first time I saw it), You will be able to take off your shield anytime you want.

[video=youtube;RPXdUqUO0G8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPXdUqUO0G8[/video]

[video=youtube;AtH8GFjbfDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtH8GFjbfDc[/video]

Last edited:

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well well! We got a release date! Hooray!!!

Even if it's still the same demo, we got a release date finally!!!

I guess there's a tidbit added, but not much... :shake:

From Zelda Dungeon main page:

[video=youtube;RPXdUqUO0G8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPXdUqUO0G8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I guess there's a tidbit added, but not much... :shake:

From Zelda Dungeon main page:

[video=youtube;RPXdUqUO0G8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPXdUqUO0G8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

Sweet! So we'll be able to do "No shield runs" because you can just remove your shield :D

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
This looks really cool! That video is better than the last demo we had... I applaud thee. And I can't believe we have a release date! Epicocity!!

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Cool! I didn't notice those little tidbits you pointed out. I also noticed that you can't use items in the battle with Ghirahim. I guess this way, we can use our sword skills only, which is fine with me.

Even if it's still the same demo, we got a release date finally!!!

Ah, but it's actually a new build, unlike the one from Comic Con. You can see that there is some better lighting effects in the dungeon, and everything looks crisper in general.

Also, I'd like to point out that it seems that when you are in free fall you have some control over Link's movement, most likely a la Sports resort.

I don't see a difference in lighting, I think it's just the camera.

It's not a huge difference, but I can see it. Especially in the room with the Water puzzle.

If there is any doubt that it's not the same as last time, there is even a new "thanks for playing" screen at the end. They wouldn't have gone though the trouble of making a new version for for a new screen, so this must include some changes that were made after E3.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I guess they polished it, I wish they would fix his cutscene model though. Looks kind of hideous compared to his in-game model.

Also, it seems they made a blur transition between cutscenes and gameplay.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I guess they polished it, I wish they would fix his cutscene model though. Looks kind of hideous compared to his in-game model.

Also, it seems they made a blur transition between cutscenes and gameplay.

That was the camera being out of focus...

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Really? I kind of saw it in the direct feed videos. I believe I'm wrong.

I may be wrong. I just thought it kinda interfered with the gameply to blur it momentarily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom