• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gamecube Tenth Anniversary

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Happy Anniversary to NCG. I got the system when it was Christmas. It had only one controller and we had to buy 2 more for me and my brother. It had Super Smash Bros Melee with it too. We bought more games when we enjoyed playing with it. It was a memorable system to have and I enjoyed having it.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Happy Anniversary to NCG. I got the system when it was Christmas. It had only one controller and we had to buy 2 more for me and my brother. It had Super Smash Bros Melee with it too. We bought more games when we enjoyed playing with it. It was a memorable system to have and I enjoyed having it.

Super Smash Bros. Melee for the win! Good times, good times.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
We got it for Christmas, and probably my main memory is WW and the Zelda Collectors Edition we got with the pre-order. That was a really good system, and it died way too young.

D

dancingthestral

I remember when my brother and sister went to GameCrazy to pick up our GameCube for $100. I was barely in elementary school, so that seemed like all the money in the world to me. I remember playing Mario Kart: Double Dash for the first time, then later watching my siblings play Wind Waker, Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Brothers, Soul Calibur II, and so much more. The GameCube was a horribly underrated console. I wish it had gotten more attention while we were still in its era.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I remember when my brother and sister went to GameCrazy to pick up our GameCube for $100. I was barely in elementary school, so that seemed like all the money in the world to me. I remember playing Mario Kart: Double Dash for the first time, then later watching my siblings play Wind Waker, Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Brothers, Soul Calibur II, and so much more. The GameCube was a horribly underrated console. I wish it had gotten more attention while we were still in its era.

Yes, I agree. The GCN will always be one of my favorites even if its sales were low.

I got it for Chrismas when I has 7. It was my second console, but it was the first on I really got into. It came with Collector's Edition, which introduced me to Zelda. Most of my favourite games were on GamCube, like Pikmin 1 and 2, Metroid Prime, Zelda: Wind Waker, Splinter Cell, the list goes on and on...
Definatly my favourite system.

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
Well the first time I ever saw the thing was at my friends house where he was playing Animal Crossing. The minute he walked into his neighbor's house (who was a duck) to deliver a shirt i wanted that game. Also playing Melee for the first time didn't exactly hurt my enthusiasm. I got one for Christmas and it came with a brand new edition of the Zelda Collector's Edition... which i promptly shoved aside for Melee and AC. Eventually I did try out collector's edition though, and Ocarina of Time got me into Zelda. My favorite memory would have to be running right by it on Christmas morning to go play some Spongebob game on the PC, I didn't even notice the thing. After I "discovered" it though I was playing for a loooooooooooooong time.

Conor

the over analysing guy
Happy anniversary old friend, my first time playing a gamecube, I remember it well.
I was at an airport, on my way to Tenerife if memory serves correct, and they had a gamecube there, one this arcade box style podium with some demos of games, I played a few minutes of pikmin that someone had left paused, and sort of ran around this level I really can't remember in the official pikmin game, then played my sister a few times in super smash bros. Being introduced to loads of new characters like Kirby and Samus was an eye-opening experience for me. Then my two uncles and Aunty got one around christmas time from my great aunty, I would always go over theirs to play super smash bros. on that. I'd rather not say in a public forum how a gamecube of my own came into my possession but if you really want to know you're free to PM me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Got the GC on launch of Soul Calibur 2. Favorite memories include playing Resident Evil 4 with my dad, playing Soul Calibur 2 with my entire family, playing Smash Bros Melee...Wind Waker, Collector's Edition...the GameCube in general is a great memory to me.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I got it on Christmas day a long time ago. I also got Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, and Animal Crossing. My best Memory of the Gamecube is playing through the Wind Waker and having lots of fun. :)

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I got mine...uh...maybe when I was 7? So wow. That makes me feel OLD!!! I sold mine when I got the Wii for additional funds and clear up some room. Somedays I regret it but I still play the games. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Wow, to think only 10 years ago at this exact moment people would of been lining up to get Luigi's Mansion first. Well, only 1 hour and 24 minutes until it is the official ten years over here.

I got it for Christmas in 2004... I was 4 o_O. All I played was Mario Kart Double Dash, Animal Crossing, and quite a few others. One of the best machines ever made. Unfortunately, I couldn't play all of the great games like WW back then. However, I came back to them in my later years to play games like the Sonic games, F-Zero, Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, and a few others.

And my dad bes heroic and sells it :( But I still, to this day, have the silver controller. Still works :D Unlike my first Wii Mote :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom