• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game with Best Music

What game has the best music?

• Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II: Adventures of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Links Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majoras Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• Four Swords

• Fours Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Wind Waker

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Twilight Princess

• Total voters
So, what game has the best music? I personally think it's WW. What do you think?

There are a lot of the Zelda games i never played but of the ones i have played id just favour WW.
When i first played WW i thought the music would be good but not as good as it turned out to be.

Here are a few examples.

Dragon Roost island.
The great Sea.
Both songs the Sages learn you.

The music in this game is so perfect for every island and every cutscene.
Even the music for when Medli knows she must leave with you leaving Prince Komali behind it is sad but the music captures this to perfection.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
It comes down to the four console games. Without a doubt. However, I think it has to be Twilight Princess. And no, not just because of the near-orchestration. When I first stepped onto Hyrule Field and heard the DUHDUHDUH! da-na-na-na-na! DUHDUHDUH dan-na-na-na-na! I was like "Holy freaking crap!!" Also, it may seem like a small thing, but when you expose a boss' weak point, the song shifts to a sort of victory fanfare. It didn't really do much to me against some of the early bosses, but when I fought Argorok and Dark Lord Ganondorf, my blood got a-boiling. The only track in Wind Waker that did that was the Final Battle with Ganondorf and it wasn't that much of an adrenaline rush.

I sat OoT because its music gets stuck in my head more than any other Zelda game music. OoT has Forest Temple music, Saria's Song, Hyrule Field, Zora's Domain, and many other great songs.

Conor

the over analysing guy
It was a very difficult choice between windwaker and OoT for me, the entire series has great music, I've been playing the NES ones courtesy of the ambassador thing, and even then the music was catchy.

Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker are at a stalemate for me. They both have awesome, memorable music that, when heard today, brings upon me a feeling of nostalgia. Both of these games also had music that was very effective in the settings in which they could be heard; whether it was the adrenaline rush it brought in a boss battle [as a poster above mentions] or the calming, reassuring music you could hear in a location like Lake Hylia.

Majora's Mask's music is also worth mentioning...

Ocarina of Time.It all had great music, even if some of it sounded MIDI. My favorite Zelda theme will always be the Forest Temple theme.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Twilight Princess, for the comnination of Ilia's Theme, Zelda's Lullaby, and Hyrule Field.

Ocarina of Time has some of the absolute greatest music of all time. A Link to the Past also has a great soundtrack but it's on a 16 bit system (originally disigned for at least). Spirit Tracks has a few good ones but most of them get tiring.

I've gotta go with OoT as my all time favorite.

We all have our favourite Zelda game in terms of music.

But whichever we prefer one thing is certain all the main console Zelda titles all have things in common they all have music that stays in your head.

Be it the music of Dragon Roost in WW,or the music from the Forest Temple in OoT,or the Dark world theme from LttP they all have music that is suited to every occasion or place.
I cannot think of many series where the music is so perfect.

The Wind Waker had a kick butt title theme and was very catchy. I've always been a fan of Wind Waker music and I even downloaded it on my computer just to listen to it while I'm on ZD or reading. It has a way of making you feel relaxed, in a way you can't describe with words. Anyway, The Wind Waker has my favorite music spot in Zelda history.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Ocarina of Time. The Forest,Water,Shadow Temple and Ganon's Castle are my favourites. I also loved Phantom Ganon's theme in WW.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom