• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Freakiest Thing in Majora's Mask

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Majora's Mask is by far the darkest and creepiest Zelda game ever made. There's death, freaky statues, the end of the world, freaky moon people, and some things that can keep a small child up at night. What did you think was the freakiest thing in the game?

I think Stone Tower Temple was for me. Or, if we count not real things, probably BEN. I was watching the BEN story late at night, and about had nightmares because of the song. But otherwise, Stone Tower Temple. I've heard various theories on that place that scared the heck out of me.

Triforce Hermit

Praise the Sun
The Well you need to go through to get the mirror shield. And when Romani gets abducted. When she gets abducted, its just so sad :(

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Probably Ben... Talk about creepy! If not, I'd have to say the Moon falling, or 'Them'
Oh, and Tingle... Or the Happy Mask Salesman. And the cinematic of Link putting on a transformation mask :O
:wynaut:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The fact that Tatl doesn't warn you about the wall masters. Imagine if they weren't all secluded into one area and could pop up at any time?

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
I think the moon is the freakiest thing in the game. It is always directly above you throughout the whole game and usually you never forget that. It's just a creepy reminder of the world ending just breathing down on your neck.

B

Blizzaga Saga

The double/statue of Link that appears when you play the Elegy of Emptiness is terrifying. Also, Tatl's comment when Anju and Kafei reunite ("Tee hee! They're lovers, but they look like mother and son!" or something like that) always struck me as somewhat creepy.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The fact that every time you look up you see this.

majoras-mask-moon.jpg

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I wouldn't say that Majoras Mask is "By far" the creepiest/darkest Zelda game....

However I think it was mainly the death scenes, to be more specific the Mikau death in Great Bay. There was just something about this scene, ypu would enter the bay which seemed like a nice place to live however you aould be greeted by mysterious music and the area was largely deserted. You would come across Mikau, laying helplessly floating in the water. I guess it was must the position that he was laying in and after returning him to the shore that is where his death happens. Ou also saw the effect that this had on the rest of Zoras as he was a key part of the band and the race, the fact that once you left Termina and you knew that the rest of the Zoras would be mourning his death was quite sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom