• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Four new Zelda Amiibo that work with BotW, and Skyward Sword will be released on the WiiU eShop.

Four new Zelda Amiibo that work with BotW, and Skyward Sword will be released on the WiiU eShop.
Source: Nintendo Direct.

14222185_1262901760389025_1047151813355732894_n.jpg

14233213_1262901770389024_7226499374692228034_n.jpg

14203384_1262901803722354_523513212107628778_n.jpg

Last edited:
I imagine it will still use the wii mote, since that is compatible with the Wii U. I have no need for this game in the slightest.

I do however, possess a mighty need for those Amiibo. I will have them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
SS on the Wii U is literally SS but downloadable instead of physical only. the only way to play it is with Wiimote. see: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime Trilogy.

But that OoT Link amiibo? ****ing give me that right now. they don't understand how much I love OoT. it's my jam. and that amiibo looks amazing af. I'll replay this ****ty Smash 4 Link amiibo with him.

I do however, possess a mighty need for those Amiibo. I will have them.

giphy.gif

Seriously, that Ocarina of Time Link...my word. Any speculation as to what all of these do in BoTW? And why/how their effects work with the timeline? In a Nintendo Minute video, I think Aonuma stated he doesn't know why Wolf Link can be next to Link. Kinda disappointing. Best probably to not look into this one too much...

Will SS on the Wii U use the Wii U gamepad? Or would it still be the wii mote and motion controls?
Wiimote as far as I know. It's a straight port unfortunately. So the broken wiimote ocntrols are still there.

There needs to be a Zelda 2:AoL amiibo. Hurry up Nintendo and do it.

My sincere hope is that 8-Bit Link let's you play as 8-Bit Link in the game. Purely cosmetic, but a helluva lot of fun.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
These are so cute. c: But I'm not expecting anything more than maybe a simple power up when it comes to their actual function in the game.

That 8-bit Link is the same fig they have been selling as a part of the World of Nintendo figure set for months now.

1444-Jakks-8bit-Link5.jpg

It even had red and blue ring variants
No, I own all three variants and I can assure you that the amiibo is different; the colors are slightly different, the figure doesn't have a nose while the amiibo does, and the hair and tunic come out much farther than the figure's hair and tunic.

The Toon Zelda Link and Toon Zelda (from WInd Waker) Amiibo are sold differently depending on your region.

NA has a dual 2-in-1 pack.
https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Too...8&qid=1472950734&sr=8-2&keywords=zelda+amiibo

Australia has both amiibo sold aeparatrly, as in each are bosed separately.
https://www.ebgames.com.au/3ds-2174...aracter-Figure-Placeholder-Price-Nintendo-3DS
https://www.ebgames.com.au/3ds-2174...aracter-Figure-Placeholder-Price-Nintendo-3DS

Here is what the two separate amiibos will look like (thanks to Nintendo ANZ for putting up the pics.

amiibo-2.png

amiibo-1.png

UK and the EU
Amazon UK has no info yet.
Nintendo UK has them listed but no mention of how they are being sold. No mention of this in the EU 3DS direct either, all that was mrntioned is that they will be sold. This matters as for Amiibo Australia has often has different packaging options to the UK and EU.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo-/Line-up/Line-up-932319.html

OoT Link. <33333

I wonder what these will do. As much as I disliked TP, I want the wolf Link amiibo for what it does in BoW.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
My initial reaction, "WHAT THE **** DO THESE DO IN BOTW!?!" I'm kind of excited to find out. Might be just item replenishing maybe, or perhaps clothes, or weapons? I must know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom