• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Football Vs American Football

Football Vs American Football

• Football

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Football

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fig

The Altruist
I personally enjoy Football (soccer) than American Football. I guess it has to do with my heritage and culture as many hispanics tend to enjoy playing a good round of soccer! ^^

masterSword2

Smile!
They are both awesome sports, but i have to go with American football. Its more fun to watch, and I like playing it more.

I played football/soccer for a few years when I was younger, and I enjoy watching the World Cup, but overall, it doesn't intrigue me all that much.

American football, however, I love. Though I only played it for a year (I quit it to play basketball, which I recently quit to play tennis lol), I've been watching it all my life. I'm not too big a fan of the NFL, but during the college football season I watch 3 games per day on average, and I spectate at all my high school's home games and a few away games, as well.

There's just an ineffable excitement that American football carries that I've never experienced with football/soccer, which makes it the clear winner for me.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I really don't play either just cause they aren't my type of sport. I enjoy solo sports or small team sports (tennis and street basket ball) more.

However if I had to choose I'd go with Futbol Americano as opposed to Futbol. Soccer, in my opinion, isn't very fun to watch because it takes too much time and isn't very fast paced.

(American) Football is much better, to me, because it's fast paced, usually constant action, and College Football becomes part of my discussion with my friends each year (I like college foot ball better).

Joy

The Sexy One
Football, definitely. It doesn't help that I have no clue how American football works, but I'd rather watch and play soccer.

I definitely prefer playing and watching football (soccer) over its American counterpart. I'm always excited to watch the European and World Championships, switching off every two years. Soccer is a more strategic sport to put it bluntly and not many athletic areas train the legs as thoroughly.

American football, on the other hand, is a game of aggression similar to rugby in other countries. I don't find any joy in seeing guys tackle each other to the ground. It definitely takes a lot of courage to play the game but it's also rash to risk your life on the field even with protective gear. I know I would be paranoid if I were in the situation. Moreover, the Super Bowl, the gran season finale, is primarily an expensive advertising occasion.

octorok74

TETTAC
I prefer playing football because I suck at American football. But American football is so much more fun to watch.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
American Football is one of the stupidest, most dangerous, and gayest sports I've ever heard of.

I'll get the gay thing out of the way first so no one misunderstands that statement. Obviously I'm not talking down on gay people or actually calling it homosexual, it's just that several men in tight pants, throwing a ball around, with positions such as "tight end" and "wide receiver" sounds like an exaggerated and stereotyped gay behavior that rarely happens in real life. It's just funny when you think like that.

It's stupid because of how dangerous it is. Even with all the padding and helmets with the cage-like thing over the face these kids still majorly injure themselves and they're practically assaulting each other. Penn and Teller put this well. If video games had been around for a hundred years then football was all of a sudden invented parents would be going nuts over the kids sustaining real injuries from the sport while other kids we safely pretending to kill each other within a fictional world on a screen.

Every-place-on-Earth-but-America-because-we're-badass-nonconformists-like-that Football is somewhat enjoyable to play. I don't really enjoy playing sports at all and I definitely don't enjoy watching them unless it involves scantily-clad women. So yeah, Soccer>Football.

I like the more physical sport of american football, but I have a lot of respect for football players because their cardio is unbelievable lol.

I watch the World Cup and the UEFA Tournaments every time its on, and some Premier League games as well (Arsenal's my favorite). I played soccer as a kid (3, 4 ,5 years old), but being an American, our football heavily overshadows the world's football here. I grew up watching Auburn (WDE!!!) and other games with my dad, so its natural I like American Football better. If my brain was a Court, the votes would be around 6 for football and 3 for soccer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom