• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem: The Force

he probably just means end of the part 1

*edits*

holy crap, thats kinda creepy

Last edited:

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Hmmm, that large winged beast catches my attention……me thinks it may play an important role in this here story :silent: I’m looking forward to part 2……where ever could those other stairs lead too :thinking: Part of me thinks some bad stuff's gonna go down.....but only time will tell…...again, Lord Vain approved :yes:

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
This story just got really creepy, how is she gonna get out of there, and if she does get out, where will she end up? She could end up anywhere.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I'm confused... You said at the beginning that this was two parts, and then you put end of chapter? Huh?

Anyways... This doesn't sound good at all... Not at all...
Doesn't sound good at all, I agree. :( And I corrected that mistake, btw. :P

holy crap, thats kinda creepy
Everyone else seems to think so too. :P

Hmmm, that large winged beast catches my attention……me thinks it may play an important role in this here story :silent: I’m looking forward to part 2……where ever could those other stairs lead too :thinking: Part of me thinks some bad stuff's gonna go down.....but only time will tell…...again, Lord Vain approved :yes:
Thanks. And wherever those stairs lead to is no longer a question left unanswered, read part two and you should find out. ;)

This story just got really creepy, how is she gonna get out of there, and if she does get out, where will she end up? She could end up anywhere.
Indeed. Well here is part 2, Lukee, it contains the answer to your doubts.

--For the record, this part and all previous chapters were to be the prelude. But anyway, I am glad it's all finally written and posted. Expect the next update tomorrow.

Chapter 3: Awakening The Past Part 2/2​

If there was a word that would describe the princess's reaction after what she saw when she climbed up to the next level, it would be shock, total shock.

"Oh my..." the princess had barely cried in awe before she had covered her mouth with her hands.

The room she'd come up to, which had felt cozy and strange in a way to the princess, was as big as the one she had left below, nearly of the same design as well, except that there were no pillars for support here, nor were there creepy stone crypts nor designs on the walls, save for more dark Torch Staffs lighting the place.

There was, however, a rectangular dais located in the center of the room, also of the dark color that Bezzel already had seen through out her tour through the structure. Surrounding this dais, or platform, if you will, was the largest accumulation of treasure that Princess Bezzel had ever laid her eyes on. Trinket after shiny trinket, and round, shiny coins littered most of the area, as well as many glittering gems, stones, jewels, and even weapons, books, and chalices and other valuable items. But, although the mighty treasure laying about the dais could have garnered any explorer's eyes, what grabbed the princess's attention was what laid on top of the dais.

There laid in a restful position what appeared to be a recently deceased maiden dressed in a pure white, silky dress, her hands folded so as to be touching her bosom, those hands holding on to some sort of shiny, jeweled pendant, whose shiny light was truly a sight to behold, a delight before the princess.

Bezzel stood in shock and without drawing breath for a short while, her eyes just admiring the maiden from the distance. The scene was just so incredible, something that the princess never imagined that she'd be finding up here.

"What place is this?" she found herself murmuring. "A tomb for some noble woman maybe? If so, whose? I never heard of any nobles dying lately here in Rausten...Because I have to still be here in Rausten..."

For a moment she glanced past the dais and noticed that behind it there seem to be a large portal on the wall, a door, no doubt. Could it lead to the world outside?

Princess Bezzel smiled and took a deep breath. At least there was finally a door.

Her eyes darted back to all the treasure laying about the dais, then they went to the resting maiden and the beautiful pendant that she held in her hands. Just by looking at it from where she was, Bezzel had an understanding that the pendant was more valuable than anything else in the room, she just felt a weird sensation that told her so.

"Oh," Bezzel cried. "I can always have a closer look before I leave, what harm can it bring anyway?"

Without thinking it too much, she started walking forward towards the dais, wanting to have a closer inspection at the maiden, but mostly as she walked, her eyes were glued to the shiny pendant she held, for it was incredibly beautiful that Bezzel was having a hard time setting her eyes somewhere else.

Somehow she managed to force her stare away from the pendant and landed them on the maiden's face once she was standing right in front of the dais. The maiden was beautiful, appearing to the young princess as if she was only sleeping. She was dead, though, Bezzel could easily tell, but even in death, the woman was still beautiful. Her hair was long, silky, and of dark hue. Her skin was pale and soft-looking, and around her forehead rested a beautiful chained ornament, which must have represented a crown or diadem. The woman's facial features were striking, as beautiful as any other woman that Bezzel had seen, even her own mother, who was considered to be the most beautiful woman alive at age 45.

"Who were you?" Bezzel whispered, amazed of the woman's beauty. "A princess like me, perhaps?"

Bezzel then considered the woman's long dress. It was beautiful too, well designed, although a design she had not seen before, and Bezzel had worn and seen many designs in dresses before! Without a doubt, though, the dress looked royal enough. Yes, Bezzel thought. This woman was a princess or a queen, or at least part of a royal family.

Bezzel's brown eyes suddenly returned to the pendant, for Bezzel had felt something strange within herself, as if the pendant had been calling out to her to return her stare to it. No, there had been no voice telling her to do so, but Bezzel felt as if a strange, uncanny force had forced her to do so.

She noticed that the pendant was of an oval design, encasing within a winged maiden dressed in a dress, her head turned aside as if she was striking a graceful pose. This figure was encased behind a crystal clear wall, a diamond, perhaps? The shiny source of light that made it shine came from within, for hanging in the space all around the winged maiden were small, glittering runes that to Bezzel seemed like small stars.

"Beautiful," was all Bezzel could think of saying as her eyes considered the pendant. She lifted her right hand mechanically, as if to touch it, to take it, but then she removed that hand as she struggled within herself not to do it.

"It's more beautiful than any other pendant I've seen," Bezzel said, almost without thinking. "I surely would be the envy of the Academy. Besides, who would know where I got it from?"

Suddenly, there came a sharp pain at the front of her head.

"Agghh!" Bezzel issued a painful cry as her right hand mechanically reached up to touch her forehead in a soothing way.

With pain and all, the princess of Renais forced herself to stare back at the beautiful pendant, for with the painful attack she had dropped her stare to the ground below.

"You are just a marvelous thing, aren't you?" she asked, not thinking much about the pain, which remained disturbing her. But again, her right hand went towards the pendant, the princess willing to take it, to rob it out of its owner's hands. The pain hit her again, this time double in dose.

"Aghh!" she cried again, and for an instant she understood that perhaps it was her intention to take the pendant that was making her feel that way. She thought the pendant held some sort of protective magic, but she never bothered with casting a reading spell to find out, rather the princess became a little hot that she could not be able to take such a beautiful thing.

She stared at the pendant with yearning, voracious eyes, and then suddenly she felt the pain on her head growing, but the princess remained strong and with a determined look in her eyes. Before she knew it, before she really realized it at heart, the princess had become obsessed in taking the pendant.

Again she reached for it, but the pain never let her hand near it, it had hit her like a sudden jolt.

"What is...happening...to me?" she then understood a bit of what stupor she had fallen in to. Her hurting eyes glanced at the portal beyond the dais, but she somehow just felt uninterested in it now.

Again, her beautiful brown eyes went to the pendant, the pain in her head hurting just by looking at it.

She forced herself to turn her gaze away, barely managing it, although feeling angry with herself for having done so. She felt weak then, and she lifted her right hand to touch her forehead, for it hurt now really bad that it even force the tears out of her. As she remained with her hand touching her forehead, she suddenly thought she heard the pendant calling out to her, calling out for her to return her stare to it, that it was now safe to do so, that it was now alright for her to take it.

"What the," Bezzel said, avoiding taking a stare at the pendant, now fighting the urge to do so and feeling more pain merely by doing that. Then Bezzel understood clearly what was going on. A battle of strong magic and will. The young princess saw the design before her perfectly now, Matriarch Lute had warned her and many other students about magical traps. The pendant was heavily enchanted with such gripping, dark magic, she believed. And so she fought that strange battle there, but lost it quickly, for her magical will was not much, was not yet fully developed to higher levels.

The magic that seemed to hang about the room easily defeated the C-ranked apprentice.

Bezzel dropped to the floor all of a sudden, feeling mightily weak, her hands touching the floor for mere support as she hit it with her butt and remained seated there with a dazed and confused look on her face.

"Oh!" she moaned when she felt how cold that floor really was, cold as if the place had been laying there in a frozen region for generations.

"I need to get out of here before I do something stupid," she told herself, and she forced herself to rise up from the cold floor, or tried to, but she was very weak that she could not do it. She even used the front of the dais, which was solid black stone and felt just as cold as the floor, to do so, but that did not help either.

"Oh Divine Goddess, don't abandon me in this most dark hour! I beg of you, please help me!" she cried in fear and desperation as she hit the floor again. She pitifully found herself sliding away on all four, her torso touching the floor. As she slid away, the princess kept caution not to turn upwards, for the malefic magic was now literally in control and was forcing her to do so.

Bezzel was strong for the child she still was, but not as strong as whatever force seemed to have been dwelling in wait for someone such as her to come.

The calling within her mind grew, so much, in fact, that the young princess felt as if suddenly there were many beings within the room telling her to rise, stare and take the pendant, that her life depended on it. Bezzel closed her eyes feeling scared as never before, even more so than she had been with the earthquake, her heart thumping her chest so wildly.

She knew she was lost, that she had lost the battle. Crying and fighting the malign calls with what little magical strength she had, she cursed herself for having been a fool, for having delayed more than she had needed to. She recalled that brief moment when her eyes had seen the doorway beyond the dais. How she wished now that she had just rushed out of the room and had left it behind, for indeed that had been the way out of the magical trap. Every magical trap always had an exit, one only, though a cunning, witty design which most victims missed. Bezzel swallowed hard, cursing herself silently for having lost.

The last portion of her magical will faded, and so the trembling young princess had no choice but to obey the calls, the voices she heard within her head, all around her within the room.

Those voices soon adjusted and became just a solid one.

You have succumbed in our battle, suddenly Bezzel heard the tender voice of a woman. You fought well, even if your will wasn't even developed properly yet. Be proud of yourself.

Those words, regardless of how mightily sweet they must have sounded to Bezzel, were not enough to calm her, to alleviate her fears and worries.

Bezzel was still pretty much Bezzel, understanding everything that went around her. She still knew who she was and knew all about her life, her family. During those terrible moments, which without doubt were the darkest for her, she thought of her dear family, her loving relatives, her friends; all beings that she probably would never get to see again, for she was at the mercy of whoever had beaten her, whoever had laid the magical trap. She cried as she remained laying on that freezing floor, cried, and cried for her downfall.

Rise and claim the pendant, my child, was what Bezzel heard the woman say in her mind then, an order she could not disobey. Release me, for I have waited a long time.

The young princess of Renais felt scared, but very compelled to obey. As if new energy had suddenly invaded her body, she rose up from the floor and found herself standing and staring at the beautiful pendant.

Then she simply reached for the pendant, as if that had been her desire all along. This time, no force prevented her from touching it, and so the princess easily grabbed it, feeling a weird sensation running through her hands as she did.

Confused and fearful about the weird feeling that she had felt, Bezzel forced the pendant away from the cold hands that clutched it, but as the pendant remained in her hand, her eyes locked on it, she could already feel the weird sensation taking over her entire body, as if the princess was being covered with it, enveloped. No, it was much more than that. The princess understood the feeling then. She was being invaded, possessed by the dead woman's soul.

*End of Part 2/2 of Chapter 3*

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Damn sucka…..crazy evil enchantress be taking over the young princess’ body :awkward: Huh, kind of reminds me of how the Shadow Queen possessing Princess Peach in Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door…..I should play that game again soon >::> Anyhow, I guess I called it right when I said something bad was gonna go down…….looking forward to the next chapter…..Lord Vain approved :yes:

I just caught up with both parts of chapter 3. Very nice! I can definitely feel the plot progressing faster now, and very nicely, as well.

I caught this:

Atsuma said:
There laid in a restful position what appeared to be a recently deceased maiden dressed in a pure white, silky dress, her hands folded so as to be touching her bosom, those hands holding on to some sort of shiny, jeweled pendant, whose shiny light was truly a sight to behold, a delight before the princess.

This is a bit of a run-on. I suggest adding a semicolon or a period in the middle ther. Although I have to say, the description here was great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom