• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem Awakening

First off, has anyone here actually played any of the Fire Emblem series? I've only played the GBA ones and I thought they were fantastic.

Next, I recommend downloading the demo off of the 3ds E Shop. It is a pretty fun demo and it really makes me want to buy the next Fire Emblem on the 3ds. The only problems I had with the demo were the fact that the characters 3d models didn't really have feet, and Marth is an even bigger girl now and is even voiced by a girl.
Untitled-3.jpg

chara09.jpg

Anyways is anyone else excited for this? Or should play any of the other games before playing this one

thanks,
JackTorrance

Fire Emblem: Awakening is easily my most anticipated 3DS game of the year. While some of the character models are choppy, it's easily the best looking game in the series narrowly edging out its Wii predecessors.

Nintendo is taking advantage of ganking, the most renowned characters from the franchise and a plethora of new classes. The only aspect of the game which troubles me is the paid DLC characters. I feel as though downloadable content like that isn't worthwhile but rather a money leech. I hope I'm proven wrong.

It's been awhile since Fire Emblem hit its apex during the GBA-GCN generation (Scared Stones, anyone?). Hopefully the series can regain its stride.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
Marths feminine appearance is what makes me like him so much, tis more pleasing on the eyes.

I've played all the fire emblem games from 6, I would have played the 5 before that but there terrible graphics made me feel like I'd not have the same attachment to the characters, as well I knew obviously as an older game some of the features of newer games would not be in there, I figured not worth my time, I got a whole list of games to play and I still haven't finished FE7, not due to it being hard or long, I just lose interest cause I've seen it done better.

I love FE8 and PoR/RD

I really wanna play an english version of awakening, but I don't have a 3DS, though due to this, and the new pokemon game, I am gonna have to get one, not to mention I kinda wanna play Kid Icarus and another game I saw for 3DS but forgot what it was.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've played every single Fire Emblem game ever, including 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 which all are Japanese only. I've done extensive hacking of Fire Emblem 7 as well as Sacred Stones. I'm in the middle of a playthrough of PoR. Don't have RD on my person, played a bit of FE11 and beat FE12 (Japanese only) but never achieved the true ending as well as bonus units like Elice and Maria.

Needless to say, I'm hyped for FE13. The paid DLC isn't a problem at all; what you'll receive from that is characters from past games like Leaf, Ephraim and Eirika, Roy (who has a KILLER badass redesign), Marth the Hero King himself, and several others. Alongside that you get new maps to train on (or so I recall). Yeah, $2 per pack can get annoying at times and I don't know what the time schedule for it will be, but it's awesome regardless.

FE13 boasts one of the more amazing stories of the FE series in my opinion. You Americans will soon get the true story of why your Avatar doesn't recall much. In other words, it's time travel as Skyward Sword SHOULD HAVE handled it.

February 4, come to me big daddy.

Does anybody have Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn? I have the two GBA ones and I'm looking to play the GC and Wii ones but I don't want to shell out a lot of money if I'm not going to like it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Does anybody have Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn? I have the two GBA ones and I'm looking to play the GC and Wii ones but I don't want to shell out a lot of money if I'm not going to like it.

I've PoR and I gotta say, it's a fairly great game. I don't recall if forging is in FE13, though, but PoR has it (as I recall).

First off, has anyone here actually played any of the Fire Emblem series?

Indeed I have. I have played all GBA games, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn Shadow Dragon and Heroes of Light and Shadow. They are all amazing games and I love the GBA ones alot.

What I don't like about Nintendo when it comes to Fire Emblem Awakening is that Europe have to wait two months for it to come out. I don't understand this at all and to be honest, it's a bit unfair. There is little to no difference between American and European games, there is no need to procrastinate it for two months.

Marth is an even bigger girl now and is even voiced by a girl.

lol, you will be in for a shock when you play the full game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What I don't like about Nintendo when it comes to Fire Emblem Awakening is that Europe have to wait two months for it to come out. I don't understand this at all and to be honest, it's a bit unfair. There is little to no difference between American and European games, there is no need to procrastinate it for two months.

Doesn't Nintendo have to localize it for many more languages in Europe? For example, I've played European version of Zelda: The Minish Cap and I could choose (as I recall) German, Italian, British English, Spanish, and French. That would make a lot more sense for the wait. They'd have to get repsective language voice actors, accurate translators onboard, and of course bug fixes (because what they're essentially doing is hex editing in a new language set, replacing voice clips, etc.)

lol, you will be in for a shock when you play the full game.
Who is whose daughter? :right:

Doesn't Nintendo have to localize it for many more languages in Europe? For example, I've played European version of Zelda: The Minish Cap and I could choose (as I recall) German, Italian, British English, Spanish, and French. That would make a lot more sense for the wait. They'd have to get repsective language voice actors, accurate translators onboard, and of course bug fixes (because what they're essentially doing is hex editing in a new language set, replacing voice clips, etc.)

Localization isn't really a valid excuse to delay a game. There have been countless of games where you can select a Language, but they have been release roughly about the same time as America. If I recall the Minish Cap was released even way before America and as you said you could choose between different languages. I highly doubt Localization is the reason Fire Emblem Awakening is delayed in Europe, but Fire Emblem has always been delayed in Europe for some odd reason.

Last edited:

masterSword2

Smile!
A long time ago I got a used copy of sacred stones, and that was my first and only time playing a FE game. I was terrible at it, and the game ended up becoming unplayable due to a glitch of some kind. (Guess that's what happens when you buy used games..) I got a 3DS for Christmas and I ended up hearing about the upcoming FE game. I got the demo and I have to say, I'm impressed. I did also notice that the character's feet seemed to be a bit odd. Other than that the game looks really good. I'm looking forward to playing it. The 4th cant come fast enough!

Last edited:
Yup, I've beaten FE9/FE10 and played FE8 & FE12. FE10 was my favorite out of all of them.

I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't have a 3DS or WiiU, though, so I'm pretty much gonna miss out on every new game that comes out. Being poor kinda sucks. Awakening looks good, though. I didn't like it at first, but I'm kind of warming up to it. I hope some people will Let's Play it - I'm sure at least somebody will!

I got them both (used) for $38 in great condition from Game Stop and Barnes & Noble. I've played Radiant Dawn the most out of all of my games, and it's still holding up just fine. You might also be able to find cheaper new copies on Ebay, but I'm not sure about that.

Kirino

Tatakae

I don't know about Path of Radiance, but Radiant Dawn is fantastic. It's my favorite Fire Emblem game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom