• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Video Game Trilogy

Even within franchises there are trilogies, an arc or story that takes three games to pan out or simply there are only three games on that particular console... so using either a 3 game story arc or a franchise in which there were only 3 games on that particular console, which gaming trilogy is your favourite?

I have a couple

Tomb Raider: Anniversary- Tome Raider: Legend and Tomb Raider: Underworld. These games were great for Lara and thank god afte rthe awful games that were Chronicles and Angel of Darkness, i remember when Underworld was coming out that it felt like it had a bit of an Empire Strike Back feel to it, it was quite the event for a good series of games on the ps2.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Prince of Persia: Two Thrones. While Forgotten Sands have been included (messily) into this trilogy, the trilogy as a whole is awesome, it went through the motions from an experimental well to do game, then a darker toned game to appeal more to the masses (kind of didnt work) and then finding its feet in the middle ground fo the last game with some awesome features and refined gameplay this trilogy was a lot of fun to play and great to follow and didnt let me down.

how about you guys?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The classic Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon trilogies on the Playstation are great. I'd replay them any day.

My favourite, though, has to be the Metroid Prime trilogy. Anything I say would be an understatement. It's freaking mind-bogglingly fantastic. The Metroid Prime: Trilogy is the single greatest compilation to exist. It just... wow. O_O I know I haven't said anything outside of boasting, but I'd be here for hours explaining why every factor is beyond amazing.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well, there were 4 Harry Potter games on the original X-box, but the 4th game was so crappy that I don't count it so Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secret and Prisoner of Azkaban for me. They were so much fun to play :) So far Fable only has 3 official games and I love the Fable games. I would say those are my favorite trilogies.

Well cause Valve can't count to 3 (ahurhurhur aren't I hilarious and original?), that removes that company.

The Age of Empires series: I grew up playing the AoE series and I still occasionally play it today. I enjoy the campaign a great amount and it offers a good nostalgia value. On top of that, I find that it has a nicer pace than the Starcraft series and I prefer the combat aspects in comparison to the Civilisation series. It also has an interesting range of different eras to see through the campaign which is always fun.

The Gears of War series: I love gritty games and I love things to do with war and Gears of War offers both. The combat is an interesting twist after so many FPS games like Call of Duty being released and unlike Call of Duty it knows how to bring emotion into scenes that involve a death, my favourite examples being when Dom mercy kills his wife and when Tai commits suicide. I enjoy the plot to as it's not always the usual "One race/group tries to wipe out another".

The Fable series: I've not played a huge amount of the Fable series but I know from my brief experiences playing the game that it was the kind of game I loved due to such things as having the ability to choose a path and actually be feared by people or be celebrated as a hero. It's another game that offers a decent range of different play styles too, which is always a bonus.

I can't really think of any other trilogies that I've played to be honest, a lot of them would require me to remove games from the series to make it a group of three games like the Elder Scrolls series and possibly Command & Conquer.

Definitely the Metroid Prime Trilogy!

This trio part of the Metroid series revolutionized 3D and first-person Metroid gameplay in so many ways.
The fact that fans were against the idea of a 3D first-person Metroid game at first and changed their minds when playing it means a lot.

The entire trilogy is just brilliant in gameplay, visuals, audio and story. The Metroid Prime Trilogy is one that every avid gamer should have in their collection!

Outside of the obvious Metroid Prime trilogy, I'd say Zero Escape.

....Yes it's only two games at the moment, but the third entry is being developed.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Ratchet and Clank def as well as Jak and Daxter are my fav older trilogies.

That said, my current fav trilogies are Halo, Dead Space, and Mass Effect.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
WII_METROID_PRIME_TRILOGY.jpg

MW7

The three Donkey Kong Country games for Super Nintendo comprise my favorite video game trilogy. The first was fun with some minor annoyances like random bonus locations with no hints, and the third was very creative with unique gameplay. However the second game is my favorite non-Zelda game of all time, and I simply think it's a masterpiece. Few levels lack challenge, the gameplay is always interesting, and the level design is superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom