• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Type of Soda?

Favorite Soda Type?

• Cola (Coca-Cola, Pepsi)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ginger Ale (Canada Dry, Vernors)

• Citrus Soda (Mountain Dew, Mello Yello)

• Fruit Soda (Fanta, Crush)

• Lemon-Lime (Sprite, 7-Up, Sierra Mist)

• Fruit-Cola (Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb)

• Tonic Water

• Root Beer

• Other

• Total voters

Squirrel

The Rodent King
It was a tough choice between Mountain Dew and Sprite abut I chose Mountain Dew in the end. After those two in my list of favorite sodas comes Dr. Pepper Cherry, 7-Up, Sierra Mist, normal Dr. Pepper, Crush, and then probably Fanta. Diet Pepsi and Cream Soda are on the very bottom. :sick:

I have not had a drink of soda in over six months because it's so bad for you. That being said, I loved Dr. Pepper before I quit so I voted for that.

A

Arojam

I don't always drink soda, but when I do, I prefer Dr. Pepper.

Haha, lame jokes, my specialty.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
First of all, geographically speaking in the United States, very few locations actually use the word "soda" to describe soft drinks. There's some pockets in the central midwest and Wisconsin that use "soda", some places in New England and a few places on the east coast that use "soda" and California. That's basically it, besides a few rare counties here and there that use it, mostly due to California's influence on the media.
The rest of the United States overwhelmingly do not use "soda". Instead they use "pop" and "coke". Vast majority, geographically. Doesn't work out like that by population because of the very high populations in the areas that use "soda". In the north, it is "pop", in the south it is "coke".

Anyway, my preferences. I like Dr. Pepper and Sierra Mist. I prefer Sierra Mist, especially since they started using real sugar. It tastes much better than it used to when it used corn syrup. If those are not available I get the next closest thing I can find.

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
^Born and raised in Florida, always called it soda. "Hey, wanna grab a soda?" "Pop" just doesn't have that ring to it.

That said, I like most any soda except for Mountain Dew and ginger ale. I DO try to keep away from it, but hey, a little soda now and then never hurt anyone. Nothing wakes you up like a Dr. Pepper, though.
Root beer float FTW! :D

Last edited:
^Born and raised in Florida, always called it soda. "Hey, wanna grab a soda?" "Pop" just doesn't have that ring to it.

That said, I like most any soda except for Mountain Dew and ginger ale. I DO try to keep away from it, but hey, a little soda now and then never hurt anyone. Nothing wakes you up like a Dr. Pepper, though.
Root beer float FTW! :D

I am a Floridian myself, but I always called it coke. Hmm. Though I do say soda sometimes.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I am a Floridian myself, but I always called it coke. Hmm. Though I do say soda sometimes.

To me, coke is just a shortened name for Coca-Cola. Sometimes I refer to soft drinks in general as coke, but mostly just soda or pop.

To me, coke is just a shortened name for Coca-Cola. Sometimes I refer to soft drinks in general as coke, but mostly just soda or pop.

It is a shortened version, but remember Coca-cola is HQ'd in Georgia so down south it's not unusual to just call all soda coke because it's so prevalent here (or was, nowadays Pepsi's presence probably isn't that significantly less).

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
It is a shortened version, but remember Coca-cola is HQ'd in Georgia so down south it's not unusual to just call all soda coke because it's so prevalent here (or was, nowadays Pepsi's presence probably isn't that significantly less).

Yeah...it's kind of the same up here.

I voted for cola, but I like just about every kind of soda. However, I CAN NOT STAND ANYTHING with 'Dr.' or 'Mr.' in it's name. So I absolutely HATE Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb and anything else like them. I try to drink those types of sodas, and I puke. No idea why.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I say Dr. Pepper for the win..... followed by Cream Soda. That's followed by Ginger Ale (not Canada Dry, I mean actual ginger ale), and that's followed by root beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom