• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite to Least Favorite 3D Zelda Game.

Hey guys,
I know that there are already threads for you favorite and least favorite zelda game but I want to know how you guys would rank the 3D zeldas only.
These are:
Ocarina of time
Majora's mask
The wind waker
Twilight princess
Skyward sword.

No I don't count the DS games as 3D games. So far I've only played 3 of the 5 and mine would go like

Favorite:D

Skyward sword
Majora's mask
Ocarina of time

Least favorite (But still amazing):nod:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Favorite:
Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
The Wind Waker

Not So Favorite:
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword

I think OoT and MM are one game, but besides that, they're pretty much on par with each other in my mind. And the order is descending, so I like OoT/MM more than I like TWW, and TP more than SS.

Favourites

1. Wind Waker - can't beat a good sailing session and that ending!
2. Twilight Princess - long, edgy, full of content and absolutely beautiful with some of the best characters in a Zelda game
3. Majora's Mask - Wonderfully surreal, challenging, epic in a smaller yet grander scale than everything else, even now.
4. Ocarina of Time - It'll never get old, it will always be legendary, the maps are genius, the tale is traditional and pure and its just a god-given game all round.
5. Skyward Sword

MW7

1. Majora's Mask- Love the sidequests, dungeons, areas outside of dungeons, and time system. The last three dungeons are challenging to me no matter how many times I play them.
2. Ocarina of Time- If the game started off as adult Link then it would be near perfect for me. First playing through the game the child dungeons were alright (since I was a child), but now their noticeable lack of difficulty makes them a chore for me.
3. Wind Waker- I really liked the islands and exploration in this game. I really liked the triforce quest (until the end when you have to go pull up the pieces themselves), but the dungeons in this game didn't wow me like the other games. It's a toss up between this game and Majora's Mask for the best collection of side content ever.
4. Skyward Sword- I loved the little gameplay mechanics introduced like the stamina bar or shield meter, and the dungeons were very good. I didn't like the overworld set-up or the level of puzzle difficulty in this game though.
5. Twilight Princess- The dungeons in this game were very good, but virtually everything required between them was absolute torture for me (except Gerudo Desert and Snowpeak) like each tears of light quest and the lost woods. The side content was excellent but I didn't like how slowly the game opened up. You weren't free until at least a third of the way through the game, and until then you were following a set path in a circle through the overworld.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
1.Wind Waker - the game was my childhood so to say [& GTA and Mario]
2.Twilight Princess - if only it had a little more content or sidequests,it could possibly have topped Wind Waker
3.Skyward Sword - plenty of problems but it was still good
4.Majoras Mask - not what I was expecting but still amazing,sometimes I do top it over Skyward Sword
5.Ocarina of Time - well......its a Zelda game,I can say that

1. Twilight Princess
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Wind Waker
4. Skyward Sword
5. Majora's Mask

Last edited:
1. Ocarina of Time-A holy construct almost, Ocarina of Time is pure videogame bliss and perfection. The dungeons, character, music and sidequests are seamlessly blended together in order to create a consummate whole. The ocarina is the best instrument in franchise history. Period. Phantom Ganon and Bongo Bongo are some of the best boss battles in franchise history. Areas are varied spanning from the Kokiri Forest to Gerudo Desert. Characters are very well developed from the most important like Shiek and Malon to lesser ones including the carpenters. Kakariko Village, Goron Village, and the Temple of Time are namesakes I shall never forget.

2. The Wind Waker-The Wind Waker may seem like a kiddie child's tale at the beginning but its's so much more. Gamecube's first and only exclusive Zelda game is a story of love and hate, friendship and jealousy, vice and virtue. Character development is at its absolute best here. Seeing Aryll kidnapped and being reunited with here for only a moment is truly touching but it's the powerful character of Ganondorf who seals the package. The franchise villain was deeper and more pensive than ever before due to his time spent in the Sacred Realm following Ocarina of Time. As demonstrated at game's end, however, he wasn't afraid to use brute force if he needed. An important lesson to learn is never to underestimate children as Ganondorf literally got it in the head at game's end. Seeing King Daphnes drown with his kingdom was tear producing.

3. Majora's Mask-Majora's Mask is without a doubt the darkest Zelda game ever produced with one of the most sentimental stories in franchise history. All of the characters are extremely well developed and tied into the sidequests although ironically painfully ignorant of their fate at the end of the 3-day cycle. The Skull Kid is an allegory for the corrupting influence of society on children and Majora is an incarnation of pure evil. The ending scenes are some of the best in franchise history which is really saying something considering how high the franchise ranks in the overall videogame pantheon.

4. Twilight Princess-Despite all the hate it garners Twilight Princess is nevertheless an amazing title that deserves not only the Zelda namesake but also the higher "Teen" rating. While underutilized, Wolf Link is an intriguing concept nonetheless. Midna is without a doubt the greatest companion in franchise history. Also, taking a great nod from Ocarina of time, the number of dungeons and Epona rank right up there.

5. Skyward Sword-Don't get me wrong if you've seen my other thread posts, I love Skyward Sword. It lacks some of the fundamental elements i love to see in Zelda, however, The ocmpanion is weaker than expected, the overworld is disconnected, and the harp is almost ocmpletely defunct. Luckily, the great characters of Groose, Ghirahim, Demise, and Zelda as well as the excellent dungeons and ending ocme to the rescue.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Favorites: ALL OF THEM!
Least favorite: Prov=blbly the Wind Waker, but solely for the art style (Cel-shading wasn't too bad, but all of the bright, solid colors...)
:) :mastersword:
\l/
l
/ \

1,Skyward sword: the motion control sells it for me and i loves it :)
2, OoT
3, TP
4, MM

I haven't played windwaker yet :( think i shall after i finish the games am playing just now.

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
Out of the five 3-D Zelda games(OoT, MM, WW, TP, SS), here is my order:

1: Twilight Princess
2: Majora's Mask
3: Skyward Sword
4: Ocarina of Time
5: Wind Waker

(WW is last because I haven't played WW yet)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Favourite
1 OOT/TP
Everything one did perfectly the other did not do so well. If elements from both were combined they would make some uber game. For instance TP had the best story, my favourite art style, and best companion. But it was far too easy combat wise, it was not very funny, there was no magical abilities. OOT had the perfect difficulty it had a perfect blend of humour and seriousness and there was a magic meter which you could use to fire magic arrows, use dins fire and do a charged spin attack. Some complain that TP was too much like OOT I say that perhaps it was not enough like OOT. It did things better but in the process lost some of what made OOT great in the first place. Which is why I can't choose between them. Too difficult a choice. They both have my favourite versions of Ganondorf, OOT Ganondorf with his wisecracks at link and his damaging attacks and TP Ganondorf with his badass chain snapping sage killing skills.

2 SS
This game told its story brilliantly, although it was not perhaps the best most in depth story. The dungeons were pure fun (except skyview GAAAH!), with fully orchestrated music to get us in the mood and this game had some of the best bosses in the series. Downside: it's villains were bad. Ghirahim who was cool but he was a pathetic coward, not qualities good for a villain. And Demise, the Ganondorf clone with 5 minutes of screen time of him explaining how he's evil blah blah blah and he's going to take the triforce for himself, this is something we have heard before from another villains lips. A bit more development would have been nice there.

3 MM
This game had a great atmosphere. The problem was it was too short of an experience and I would have loved more from it. However the villain was incredible, second only to Ganondorf in my opinion. I don't know what's up with their new villains but Nintendo certainly don't make them like that anymore.

4WW
Starts off strong, music is good, story is good. Combat is fun & you can fight hordes of enemies and use the parry attack to jump over heads and get them from behind. Problems: I did not enjoy the Wind temple, and then...and then... and THEN!!! Tingle comes along, and now nothing can redeem the game because those hours I spent searching for charts were not hours of fun, they were hours of torment. Every time I replay WW I dread the triforce quest. Every time I do it tears of rage...and blood! stream down my cheeks. Also I'm not a big fan of the art style, it's my least favourite in the series and can look bland at times. On top of that I don't like the hugely disproportioned characters. Overall I actually like this game but as you can see I have allot of problems with it and therefore it is going to have to go at this end of the list.
least favourite

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom