• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Skyward Sword Dungeon?

Favorite Skyward Sword Dungeon?

• Skyview Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earth Temple

• Lanaryu Mining Facility

• Ancient Cistern

• Sandship

• Fire Sanctuary

• Sky Keep

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
Just finished the game. I want to say this game was amazing, I loved everything about it, dungeons, bosses, areas, it was all amazing. Story was amazing, and i loved the final ending blow. XD EPIC.

But now back on topic. I finished Sky Keep and I have to say it was a very unique and awesome dungeon. Getting the Triforce was AMAZING. I felt satisfied when I got all three of them, the moving around the rooms was brilliant, and I loved each and every aspect of it. Only thing is here was no boss (I don't really count Ghirahim and Demise as a boss of that since they were fought in the World of the Past.) But the dungeon was awesome, but I felt like each item was implemented greatly in this dungeon, but I still don't think it was the best, since it did reuse the other dungeon themes. So can't really say that any individual part was original, but as a whole it was.

Here's my final list of my favorite dungeons, counting down to up from worst (not one of them was awful) to best(and I've rethought two of the dungeons so I rearranged it in the order quite a bit from the last one). Here they are:

7. Skyview Temple
(Tie)5. Fire Sanctuary and Lanaryu Mining Facility.
4. Sky Keep
3. Earth Temple
2. Ancient Cistern
1. Sandship

I have now finished the game. What a game, IMO one of the finest zelda games ever created. And the dungeons were just amazing on a whole. Here's my order of the 7 dungeons:

1 - Sandship - I was amazed by this dungeon. Best zelda dungeon ever for me, from all the zelda games I've played. I love nautical stuff and ships in general, so it may be a bit biased, but it was a really unique dungeon that just stood out in many ways. Hard boss, but so damn fun and epic at the same time. (Although I came up with quite a funny tactic to defeat him without fail). The mini-boss in contrast was very easy, but it was equally as unique and was very fun. I was blown away by this original dungeon.
2 - Lanayru Mining Facility - Another very unique dungeon. Great use of time shift zones, and very memorable and fun. Boss was a bit too easy though. But I still loved this dungeon.
3 - Sky Keep - Very unique feel to this dungeon, and great feeling of nostalgia in that the past 6 dungeons were incorporated into this.
4 - Ancient Cistern - At first I hated it, but that was only because it was frustratingly difficult for me. But looking back on it, it was an extremely cleverly designed dungeon with an excellent (but difficult) boss.
5 - Earth Temple - Loved this dungeon when I played through it, but the following 3 were just even better. It wasn't the most original dungeon, just another fire place afterall, but it was the ball-rolling that made it for me - an excellent touch. And the indiana jones-esque running from the boulder was so cool. Fun boss too.
6 - Fire Sanctuary - Good dungeon, but one of the less original ones. The item and underground-digging was a very nice touch though.
7 - Skyview Temple - By far my least favourite. Don't get me wrong, it was a good dungeon, and I LOVED using the beetle. However, as many said, it was just plain and basic and unmemorable. And too short. And the boss, whilst epic, annoyed me (although that might be because I was still getting used to the controls back then).

T

TP_Midna

I dont really know...I have to say Skyview. Perfect first temple for begginers, and fighting Ghirahim was amazing after.

boko bob

A boko named Bob...
Sandship... I have no clue why, it's just something I can't put my finger on... I just know that it's my favorite dungeon, not from Skyward Sword, in the whole series!

L

LOL Link

I'm kind of on board with everyone else. In my opinion, Ancient Cistern was the best out of all of them. The battle with Koloktos was epic, (My favorite part was using the big sword!) the music flowed well with the theme of the dungeon and the undead at the bottom floor balanced really well with light-like feel at the upper floors. Heres my opinions of each dungeon:

#7: Skyveiw Temple: Although the fight with Ghirahim was OK, the rest of the dungeon didn't reach out to me. It was pretty dull and bland, it could have been more original. Although music had an eerie feel, it just didn't make up for the disasters that this dungeon had to offer.

#6: Fire Sanactuary: Again, Ghirahim must cause the temples in Skyward Sword to be cursed if hes the boss. The talking with Mogmas was annoying and digging underground didn't really work. The music was really dull, and the only good thing about the dungeon was the puzzles (outruling the wing puzzle, it SUCKED!).

#5: Sky Keep: What is up with the room changing? It was like all the dungeons of Skyward Sword rolled into one. So it was like you basically knew what to do, but Triforce made up for a little of this.

#4: Lanayru Mining Facility: Use of Timeshift Stones was a bit annoying, but the flow of music made up for this. I didn't like the bland scenery (Except ending minecart ride.) and the boss fight with Moldarach was super easy. However, Gust Bellows is one of my favorite items.

#3: Earth Temple: Had the best music in Skyward Sword, the ball rolling was fun. But annoying Dinofolos and the fight with Scaldera can go die in Sinksand. And what is up with the "You were too late" thing? I was fighting Scaldera for crying out loud.

#2: Sandship: The reason this is #2 is because of constant backtracking, Scervo, and Tentalus being a little less scary then I thought. However, the epic music, Bow, and atmosphere made up for almost all of it. But Scervo just couldn't be overlooked.

#1: Ancient Cistern: Yep, you read the top of my post. Koloktos is awesome, music flows nicely, and undead floor is like Nintendo gone crazy with awesome ideas.

That is my list, do not argue with me saying that my list is wrong, everyone has their own opinions.

I thought the ancient cistern was great but too short.(I beat it very quickly but if u were stuck it could take a while i guess. I voted for skydeep because changing the layout of the dungeon was so difficult and confusing for me. I love a challenge aand skydeep brought that.

skybird11

state alchemist
i like the skyview temple a whole lot. yes it was... uneventful and plain but there were some amazing qualities to it and i was glad that it was visited twice in the story.

that being said, the ancient cistern is VERY close behind in my favorites, followed by the sand ship.

the sand ship seems like something i normally would hate to death but just something about it was amazing.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
The Ancient Cistern is definitely my favourite dungeon. It has well-designed puzzles, a fun dungeon item, an awesome boss, good music, and, to top it all off, a design that is a throwback to both the Water and Shadow Temples in Ocarina of Time. Oh yeah, I won't forget the creepy basement! :)

I actually picked the Fire Sanctuary because of it's awesome name for one. For two, the music was just perfect and that room with all the water bulb plant things was awesome (don't ask me why). Finally, I thought the upgraded Mogma Mitts was actually a really cool idea and I had a lot of fun using them. I was a little bit disappointed when I didn't get to use them during the boss fight, but fighting Ghirahim again was cool too. I know this temple was dreadfully easy, but it was my first time getting to use my bow in a temple against real enemies, and that was fun.

Definitely my second favorite temple would be the Ancient Cistern.

Z

Zelda's Boy Toy

I did like the mining facility because it was almost 2 dungeons in one - the dungeon that is run down (present) and the dungeon that is full of color (past)

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I am not that far in the game as I have only beaten three temples. Out of those three temples I believe the Earth Temple and the Lanayru Mining Facility were my favorite dungeons. The Earth Temple was almost a complete action dungeons, there was not a dull moment. Some times I get bored of a dungeon because I don't like solving puzzles all the time, but in the Earth Temple it was at least really fun for me because it was almost all action. The battle with the Lizalfos was really fun and I enjoyed the challenge. Rolling on the giant stone ball in the lava was interesting. I like how they used the stamina meter a lot in this dungeon, like running away from that stone ball. The Earth Dungeon was pretty easy though and I got through it fairly easy. That's why I enjoyed the Lanayru Mining Facility more.

Lanayru Mining Facility may have had the most annoying music of the beginning three dungeons, but other than that the whole dungeon was fantastic. It provided more of a challenge than the other two did it combined action with puzzles to make a fantastic dungeon. I also thought that the time stones being used in the dungeon was very interesting, and it was used to make some pretty enjoyable puzzles. The only other complaint I have about this dungeon was the boss, Moldarch. For me, Moldarch was way too easy, and a very predictable boss. Gee I wonder if you hit the eye? Scaldera provided a bigger challenge and I was a bit disappointed by Moldarch to be honest. Lanayru Mining Facility was a fantastic dungeon otherwise and I enjoyed it very much. I can't wait to get further in the game so then I can experience more amazing dungeons like the ones the game has provided so far.

Sky Keep was my favorite. It brought back an Ocarina of Time feel in Ganon's Castle, where all of the previous dungeons are featured in a "montage" of sorts. Fire Sanctuary nearly ties for first, but it finishes in second.

Ancient Cistern for sure!
- Loved the mini boss.
- Loved the boss.
- Difficulty level was slightly higher than other dungeons.
- Had a cool look to it (designed well.)
- I enjoyed the music, it matched the dungeon theme well.
- Made a, for lack of a better word, lame item seem interesting, and the way it was required in the boss fight was fun. (:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom