• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Pairings?

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Yeah, this has probably been made lots of times but there wasn't one on the first few pages.
What are your favorite pairings in the Zelda games? Some of the games aren't possible to make this decision on, like the Gameboy games, but the rest of them, or maybe just your all-time favorite.

I have quite a few though. (Being an artist I draw all of them but these are my favorites)

First of all, my favorite OoT pairing is actually SariaxLink. He knew and lived with her his whole life, when he only was with Zelda for at least an hour before briefly seeing her escape, not to see the real her until the end of the game. It's too bad Saria is a Kokiri, though.

In TP my favorite is MidLink. Same thing as before with Zelda, and what kind of girlfriend steals your horse every morning before you work? Ilia seems to care more about Epona than Link, so no.
Midna is also awesome and beast, and she actually cried when she left, remember?

TetraxLink is awesome too, and in the FS+ manga I like RedxBlue. (Cute :3)

This doesn't mean I don't like ZeLink. I do like it a lot, I just prefer other things over it most of the time.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
MidnaxLink in TP and ZeldaxLink in Spirit Tracks. Only games I've actually cared.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think I really like Link x Marin (Link's Awakening) the most, simply because it was such a sad story. There were a bunch of cute hints along the way, like the text when Marin joins Link to go to Animal Village:

Link's Awakening Dialogue said:
You got Marin! Is this your big chance?

I also thought the few instances where the cameraman takes pictures of Link and Marin around Koholint were a pretty neat addition, too (in Link's Awakening DX). The last great hint was after Eagle's Tower, when Marin was stuck on that cliff and needed Link's help. The dialogue between them afterwards seems like it implies a love confession from Marin, but Tarin interrupts it and she leaves without saying what she was going to say.

End of game SPOILERS:
At the very end, when Link awakens the Wind Fish and the island, including Marin, disappears, was really sad. All of the friends Link made there were gone, and what's more they weren't real in the first place. It was heartbreaking. Especially that last scene, when Link is floating in the middle of the ocean hanging onto that piece of driftwood. The Ballad of the Wind Fish can be heard, and an image of Marin appears in the sky. That image then fades into a seagull and flies away. It was so moving.
-End of SPOILERS-

This is why Link x Marin is my favorite pairing. It was the most emotionally stimulating one for me.

Also, this one is for you, Locke: Ilia x Epona :right:

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Eesh, tough choice between Link x Ilia and Link x Zelda (SS). I love both pairings so much because their personalities fit each other perfectly and they're both placed in romantic situations designed to inadvertently say, "Yeah, these two end up together post-game". Plus, both couples just look cute together. ^^

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
OoT: Link x Malon
TP: Link x Ashei
SS: Link x Zelda

He has the best chance of being with Malon in OoT. He can be friends with Saria, but I dont see a romantic relationship between them making any sense because kokiris don't age. He would look like a pedo...

I agree with you that Ilia cared more about Epona, that and by the time the game ends, Link's not a humble rancher anymore. He needs someone who he can trust to take care of herself while he's out adventuring, and Ilia just wouldn't fit the bill. Ashei is a fellow warrior, she'd probably be out running around with him. Link and Midna should just stay friends. Even if he is the hero that saved both worlds, I can't see the other twilis approving of Midna falling in love with a light dweller. And it would be a long distance relationship. Not going to work.

The Zelink is SS...isn't it obvious?

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Anju and Kafei from Majora's mask. They cared a lot for each other and I thought it was touching when Anju stated that she would never leave Kafei no matter the outcome. Their story is one of the reasons why I prefer this game over OOT and it is a great example of romance done right in videogames. I have to ask though... why didn't they show Kafei at the end? :'( All that hard work for nothing.

Zelda and Link from Skyward Sword. Ugh! they're like Ada and Leon from Resident Evil because nothing ever happens! But, I did like their relationship much more than some of the previous titles. Like Anju and Kafei, they cared a great deal for each other and were willing to risk their lives to make sure the other was safe. There was a "hint" of a possible romance. But, it would've been great if zelda confessed in the beginning that she liked Link. :[

The Great Fairy and Link from Wind Waker. LOL! I don't know why I like them. They're a cute couple and Link doesn't seem to mind. :3

onebizarrekai

gay energy
@Dragoncat

I see what your saying. I viewed MaLink the same way as ZeLink, because they hardly saw each other either in the game, and Malon actually forgets who Link is for a short time. I'm just saying that if Saria weren't a Kokiri, or had some way of growing up, then I'd support it. Not if she didn't grow up. If not that pairing, than MaLink since she can actually help Link in some situations, while Zelda would just get captured due to her 'popularity' with the bad guys :P

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I see what your saying. I viewed MaLink the same way as ZeLink, because they hardly saw each other either in the game, and Malon actually forgets who Link is for a short time. I'm just saying that if Saria weren't a Kokiri, or had some way of growing up, then I'd support it. Not if she didn't grow up. If not that pairing, than MaLink since she can actually help Link in some situations, while Zelda would just get captured due to her 'popularity' with the bad guys :P
...poor OoT Link. Because now that I think about it, his best chance is with Nabooru! If you call being used as gerudo breeding stock a chance that is *shudders* Good thing we have the fandom to give him Malon. It's better for any bloodline to be continued via actual love, the hero of time bloodline is no exception.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Scrapper x Fi.

I also like Link x Midna a great deal and Link x Zelda for certain games, but I'm not a hardcore shipper.

Having gone back and skimmed, I'll tell you why I like these ships:

Scrapper x Fi - is kind of canon, on Scrapper's end, anyway. It's cute and it's funny... the robot butler won't serve Link, but will serve his hot sword! (Oooh, that came out wrong. You know what I mean). I also really like it because Scrapper and Fi are inorganic beings, technically sexless, which makes their relationship some of an asexual romance/infatuation. This is something I relate to. (Asexual, but not Aromantic). It's like, for the first time, I've found a fandom ship that a number of fellow fanartists like that they don't feel the need to make pervy. There's something innocent about it, like Wall-E and Eve in "Wall-E," even though Wall-E has a much sweeter personality than Scrapper ever will. There is also the tragic angle - the ending of Skyward Sword kind of forgets about Scrapper and those of us who remembered him during the end sequences see that it is an unhappy ending for him, indeed.

Midna x Link - In Twilight Princess, they were together a lot and developed a relationship that went from mutual suspicion and utilitariansm to actually caring about each other. They definitely developed a friendship, but I like to imagine they developed something more, in part, again, for the tragic angle. Midna had to make a deep sacrifice to make sure both of their worlds would be safe in the future. That tear tells me that it cut her deep to the heart. Link's face in that scene tells me that it cut deep to his heart, too. Sometimes I like reading fics or viewing fan arts that subvert this whole thing - stuff that changes the ending and/or has Link find his way back to the Twilight Realm or Midna find her way into the Light World, but I'm not sure that canon should follow - as I like the drama/tragedy of the shattered mirror. It makes their time together more special or something.

Link x Zelda - I like it where I see hints of it, such as Skyward Sword (it's practically canon there)! and Ocarina of Time where there just seemed to be some small hints of it for me, but I'm not *har, har* married to this ship. I ship freely with fanfics and fanarts where shipping issues come up - sometimes it's Link x Zelda, sometimes it's Link x somebody elese and Zelda with somebody else. It doesn't make as much sense to me in say, Twilight Princess as it does in Skyward Sword, and ect. I'm kind of torn with Oracles Link whether to enjoy him with Zelda, who gives him a kiss, or the Maku Tree, which is funny. Yeah, that's kind of how I am with the ship... fast and loose, rule of drama or rule of funny.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom