• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Handheld Zelda

Definitely ALBW. Just like it's prequel, I love the open world exploration and the ability to tackle any dungeons in any order topped it off.

I also really like ST, which is a close second. The whole train exploration was so-so to me but I love the gameplay and the puzzles. The interactions between Link and Zelda was definitely enjoyable too.

This is how I rank the ones I've played. (I'm not including handhelds that got their start on a console)

1st-Minish Cap
2nd-Link's Awakening DX
3rd-A Link Between Worlds
4th-Oracle of Ages
5th-Oracle of Seasons
6th-Spirit Tracks

Link's Awakening, hands down. Not even a contest.
This, nothing comes close.

Link's Awakening! I loved it when I was little, probably because it was very easy, so it wasn't too hard for my dumb baby self.

Replaying it later, I realized how great the story is, and how deep it actually is. I feel like it's a game that is equally enjoyable for advanced players and very young children, so I also think it's a great introductory game.
Easy but it has 2 of the hardest hearts to collect I can recall outside of MM.

Feverish

Source of stink
A Link Between Worlds. What made it better was I hadn't played ALTTP or saw anything of it prior to playing it

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
For me, Link's Awakening is still the most underrated Zelda game out there. The story is I think what sets it apart. The ending sequence in particular blew me away (I was young, to be fair, so it didn't take much, but still). It had a certain charm that other Zelda games don't have. I mean, Marin was such a great character. You just wanted to get to know her a little better, but she was always juuuuuust out of reach. Love that game.

1 - A Link Between Worlds
2 - The Minish Cap
3 - Triforce Heroes
4 - Oracle Of Ages
5 - Phantom Hourglass
6 - Link's Awakening
7 - Spirit Tracks
8 - Oracle Of Seasons
9 - Four Swords

(OOT 3D is my absolute favourite, but OOT is a console game, so it doesn't count)

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Minish Cap or ALBW. It's hard to choose. Probably MC.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
1 - A Link Between Worlds
2 - The Minish Cap
3 - Triforce Heroes
4 - Oracle Of Ages
5 - Phantom Hourglass
6 - Link's Awakening
7 - Spirit Tracks
8 - Oracle Of Seasons
9 - Four Swords

(OOT 3D is my absolute favourite, but OOT is a console game, so it doesn't count)
Great taste except OoS being below ST is a bit of an insult.

Great taste except OoS being below ST is a bit of an insult.

Thanks.
OOS actually used to be just above ST. But I later decided different. I just remember having a frustratingly difficult time with OOS, and then, after unlocking some stuff, I played OOA straight after and it was such a breeze and way more enjoyable. Maybe I need to play both again in the other order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom