• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread DW's Very Creatively Titled Mafia

Mint Elv

Fish!
It only doesn't make sense from a role copped perspective. From a blind perspective there's a chance Minish is town's protective role and self targeted N1 before switching to solid storm protection post cop claim. If you're doc hunting it's a sensible place to start.

But I doubt that's the case. In a godfather endgame claims are probably expected to play a bigger role than checks. Minish is basically confirmed commuter and is going to be seen more likely to be town because of it. This is endgame prep.

I find your waiting to claim odd, mint. Didn't Ex loud visitor you? Why would you not assume mafia already knows your role because of this?
Ex knew that Min didn’t have a doc role because results were consistent with commuter not doc. And it was also made extremely clear in thread that she was commuter.

As for why not claim yet? :shrugs:

Ex knew that Min didn’t have a doc role because results were consistent with commuter not doc. And it was also made extremely clear in thread that she was commuter.

As for why not claim yet? :shrugs:
It's also consistent with a rolestopper that self targets, which is an alternate to having a doc.

It was late at night when the townsfolk heard a sound. Loud, louder than any of the gunshots that had failed to wake them. This woke them.

The sky was lit up when they exited their homes. Four people rushed to the source of the light.

There was fire, smoke rising. In the center, two bodies, charred beyond recognition. They'd feared someone would die, like the previous nights, of course, but... this was unexpected.

A large caliber gun lie on the ground. Storm was the first to move closer, hoping to examine it for prints. There weren't any, though.

Storm is alive. He is a town-aligned cop.

storm role.png
Hi there Storm, and welcome to DW’s Very Creatively Titled Mafia. In this game, you will have the very creatively titled role of Cop. As a cop, you may target a player each night to learn their alignment.

You are neighbors with ExLight, meaning you share a private chat where you may discuss the games occurrences.

You are aligned with town and win when no threats to the town remain.

Storm looked back at where the other three stood. If he couldn't identify the bodies by looking at them, he'd just have to use the process of elimination.

"Mint Elv?"

"Here," she said.

Mint Elv is alive. She is a town-aligned doctor.

midori role.png
Hi there Mint Elv, and welcome to DW’s Very Creatively Titled Mafia. In this game, you will have the very creatively titled role of Doctor. As a doctor, each night you may target a player to prevent them from being killed

You are neighbors with JamieIsBored, meaning you share a private chat where you may discuss the games occurrences.

"Rag? Lain?" Both nodded; they were both unharmed as well.
Ragnarokio and lain are both alive. They are both town-aligned backups.
rag role.png
Hi there Ragnarokio, and welcome to DW’s Very Creavitely Titled Mafia. In this game, you will have the very creatively titled role of Backup. As a backup, you may, during one night and one night only, target another player to become a backup to them– should they die, you will inherit a copy of whatever role your target may have had. This action cannot be blocked or fail by any other means. This will not change your alignment should you inherit a non-town role, nor will you be added to any outside chats the inherited role might've had access to.

You are neighbors with OGSniper, meaning you share a private chat where you may discuss the games occurrences.

lain role.png
Hi there lain, and welcome to DW’s Very Creavitely Titled Mafia. In this game, you will have the very creatively titled role of Backup. As a backup, you may, during one night and one night only, target another player to become a backup to them– should they die, you will inherit a copy of whatever role your target may have had. This action cannot be blocked or fail by any other means. This will not change your alignment should you inherit a non-town role, nor will you be added to any outside chats the inherited role might've had access to.

You are neighbors with DarthCreeper10, meaning you share a private chat where you may discuss the games occurrences.

You are aligned with town and win when no threats to the town remain

And that left... HangryHangryHippo and OGSniper. Storm called their names as well, perhaps as a formality, but predictably received no response.

So that's who was lost.

There was no way to distinguish the two bodies, though. With all this, one of them must've been the final killer, but...

These thoughts, shared across all four who remained, were interrupted by the sound of... clapping? They looked around, until finally, from the shadows, one more person stepped forward.

1712783180628.png

"Well, well, well," they said. "I'd say you solved it, but you really didn't. I must say, it's some luck that this is how it ends... for now."

The people looked at the purple stranger, then at each other, all confused. What on...?

"Aren't you dead?" someone finally blurted. "I mean, that's how this started!"

The stranger blinked, then shook their head, perhaps just as confused as the rest of them. "What in Arceus' name are you talking about?" they said. "How could you possibly have come to that conclusion?"

"We found you body, for Christ sakes!"

The stranger stood there, processing the claim. This made, frankly, no sense to them, at least for a moment. Until it clicked.

"Ah, I see," they said. "You must not've looked at the bloke's face."

"What?"

"If you had, you'd never have mistaken him for me," the stranger continued. "I mean, he's even got a beard."

"Wait... if it wasn't you, then who....?"

"Haven't the foggiest," the stranger cut back in. "Like I said, some bloke. He's dead now, so I'm afraid we can't ask him." They paused. "Oh, but I do have a photo, perhaps one of you will recognize him?"
The stranger tossed the photo to one of the four survivors, and they, for a moment, crowded around it.

1712783153871.png

The stranger was right, the so-called "bloke" didn't lookanything like them. Unfortunately, none of the, recognized the man themselves.

"Hold on, back to the important part!" lain finally cut in. "Who... who did it?"

"Ah," the stranger said. "That does seem important, doesn't it?"

OGSniper has died. He was a mafia-aligned godfather.
og role.png

Hi there OGSniper, and welcome to DW’s Very Creatively Titled Mafia. In this game, you will have the very creatively titled role of Godfather. As a godfather, attempts to investigate your alignment will show as town. Also, if you carry out the factional nightkill, it will bypass any protectives that are placed on the target and any roles which would stop you from acting.

Additionally, you have a 2x Reporter. Twice during the game, you can write a message that will appear at phase change. This can be done during night or day. The message can contain anything, so long as it is within game rules. The message will not be attributed to you by the host.

You are neighbors with Ragnarokio, meaning you share a private chat where you may discuss the games occurrences.

You are aligned with Mafia and win when the number of Mafia aligned players exceeds the number of town players and no other threats remain.

HangryHangryHippo has died. He was a town-aligned bomb (and holder of the role with the worst character design).
numbers role.png

Hi there HangryHangryHippo, and welcome to DW’s Very Creatively Titled Mafia. In this game, you will have the very creatively titled role of Bomb. As a bomb, when you are killed during the night, you will explode, resulting in the death of your killer.

You are neighbors with Minish, meaning you share a private chat where you may discuss the games occurrences.

So that was that.

It is endgame, and town has won! Congratulations!
If you want to access the graveyard, you can join the discord server here:

Last edited:
All night actions:
image.png

image.png

image.png

1712783547918.png

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Okay...........I was not expecting this.

Yup yup, good stuff town. I am still reeling from what the biscuits just happened. I was expecting to see HHH night killed and then day killing Mint the next day.

I did the Minish kill because everybody else had some sort of dirt on them, so if I night killed someone who was a possible day kill, it would defeat the purpose of doing a lot of different things.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Mafia was actually trying to find a possible tracker/watcher, and I was hoping HHH was it. After that I would release some havoc with my reporter ability.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
you played quite well OGS, that was an unfortunate way for the game to end

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom