• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Durion's Official Pokemon Tournament!

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Highlights from the action!

Heatran KO'ing Heatran with an Earth Power
Heatran KO'ing himself and Gyardos with Explosion next move!

Crobats Bravery and multiple successes when using Confuse Ray

Full teams were...

~~Mases~~
Bronzong
Crobat
Heatran
Groudon
Roserade
Spiritomb

~~K4KING~~
Heatran
Gyarados
Shaymin
Typhlosion
Scizor
Gengar

Hold on a second now. Why exactly is there a rule against using a Quick Claw and items of the like? That's not banned from any tournament I've ever known about.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, I lost. Full team information.

Master Kokiri 9

Typhlosion
Gyarados
Jolteon
Togekiss
Snorlax
Dragonite

Josh

Azelf
Dusknoir
Gengar
Registeel
Rhyperior
Drifblim

It's really embarrassing to have lost in the first round... >< But that means I'll have to keep training, and enter the next contest when it starts! *burning anime eyes*

Last edited:
Hold on a second now. Why exactly is there a rule against using a Quick Claw and items of the like? That's not banned from any tournament I've ever known about.

The only reason I've ever heard for them being banned is because of it allows things to happen in a battle that were impossible before, like Quick Claw allowing a pokemon to outspeed a faster one, although it's no different than Choice Scarf I guess...

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
~~Brandikins~~
Starmie
Electivire
Gengar
Salamence
Porygon-Z
Snorlax

~~Josh~~
Azelf
Gengar
Rhyperior
Dusknior
???
???

He quit since my Starmie was killing them, but I won by default I guess.

I would like to join if I still can..... I am not currently ready for battle, as I might have Ky make one or two Pokemon so I'm prepared.

Okay, due to Halo Siera 117 joining, Brandikins will replace the slots on the original table saying 'Not in use'. Also, Vergo and Hero of Time will only have to battle once as they won't have to skip a round anymore. Take note that I've editted the table shown on page two of this thread to show these two new competitors.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Aww, too bad for those that have lost, maybe next time, eh? :P

I can't wait to see who wins this. Hopefully some day soon when I manage to learn about pokemon I will do battle with you peeps, I will buy a pokemon game soon. Good luck to the rest.

Ikana

Trollkastel
My team is finished but I wasn't able to ev their stats like I wanted but oh well I'm ready mr mosley vm when your ready.

Kybyrian

The "Hax/Luck Item Clause" is generally one used in tournaments in quite a few places banning some items that create impossible situations that can fully change the tide of battle with complete luck. These include things that generally can't happen. Earthquake generally can't miss, therefore using brightpowder gives it a chance to miss, therefore putting brightpowder in as a hax item, though only in some situations. Missing is a chance some moves can do, so brightpowder is not always banned.

Other items, however, such as the quick claw, are completely banned because they give a chance to do the impossible. When your rock polish Rhyperior is out there sweeping and it gets hit by a Pokemon using quick claw, it's complete bull when it can be prevented. Some items, such as those giving great chances of critical hits(which I believe is Razor Claw?) fall under the "Hax/Luck Item Clause" because of their chance to give possibility to something extremely slim, therefore almost impossible. How would you feel if a Pokemon with Super Luck(higher critical hit chance) using Night Slash(higher critical hit chance) and had a Razor Claw(higher critical hit chance) was going up against you? Would you like being hit by a crit 50%(calculated and accurate) of the time?

This is why some of these items fall under the "Hax/Luck Item Clause".

Last edited:
Since Mases got to use his Groudon can I use an uber? If not, it's fine.

You'd have to ask Vergo if he will allow you to use an Uber, Mases did and K4KING agreed to it, personally, I'm not letting anybody use an Uber against me because it's unfair, if you look at the stats of Groudon, it has base 140 Defense and something like 90 or 100 defenses, which aren't exactly weak, especially since Waters do little to harm it due to the Sun it produces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom