• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Durion's Official Pokemon Tournament!

Hey guys, we haven't done this for a while and the last layout I created failed due to length, therefore I shall revert back to the type of tournament that Bomby introduced while he was still rather active around the site. The idea is that we get an even number of people to join (hopefully a multiple of 4 otherwise we'll have to add another battle in on one side somewhere), in which we battle each either once, or three times (being the best of 3), still undecided on this though, both have advantages and disadvantages. Once the winner is decided by either fainting all of the opponent's pokemon, forfeiting or disqualification, the victor will move onwards on to the next round. This is a Level 100 Single's tournament, however for all the people unfamiliar with Wi-fi, you can automatically set each participants pokemon to reach level 100. So all you need is to have the correct moveset and EV's ready on each pokemon, as when the battle is set to level 100, all EV's are taken into consideration.

The rules for this tournament would be the following:
- Species Clause: No one team can use the same two pokemon, e.g. 2 Gengars...etc.
- Evasion Clause: You can not use any form of move that boosts your evasion, e.g. Double Team.
- Item Clause: This Clause usually means that your team can only have 1 item of it's type (e.g. Leftovers) on your team. However I believe enough people use an item more than once on their team, justifying the fact that I'm allowing two of each item to be used.
- OHKO Move Clause: You can not use a move that will inflict an instant OHKO, e.g. Sheer Cold, Fissure...etc.
- Sleep Clause: You can not put any two pokemon of the opponent's team to sleep at the same time, the only acception is if the opponent uses a self sleeping move like Rest and then switches. Once the sleeping pokemon you inflicted the sleep status on has awoken or died, you may inflict the Sleep Status again.
- Freeze Clause: Although this is based entirely on luck, you can not freeze any two pokemon on the opponents team at the same time.
- Self KO Clause: No player can use a move like Explosion when both sides are down to one pokemon. This also includes recoil from a move or item, e.g. Double Edge or Life Orb...etc.
- Soul Dew Clause: The use of the item Soul Dew is banned from use. The only pokemon that can use this item in OU is Latias if I remember correctly. Therefore, if we believe you to be using Latias, you will be disqualified.
- Hax Items Clause: These are items that depend on total luck to activate, e.g. Brightpowder, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, Razor Fang, Lansat Berry, Lucky Punch...etc. If anyone else can think of an item that should be in this list, please state so. Thus, that item will be banned.

I don't think there is actually a Clause behind this, so I'm posting about it in this paragraph. No player can use a moveset that is considered illegal. This is usually due to a pokemon being able to learn an Egg move in the 4th Gen and Tutor move from the 3rd Gen, for obvious reasons, without hacking this is illegal and therefore banned. There are however, movesets that are actually achievable without hacking. A lot of illegal move combinations can be found here.

An example of this being Azumarill with the moves Belly Drum and Aqua Jet included in it's Move set. Everyone will look at Azumarill's Attack stat and think that's just stupid because there are more powerful move combinations that you can achieve. However, even though Azumarill has an Attack stat of 218, it's ability Huge Power, doubles that and produces an Attack stat of 436. Although that's still not really that huge compared to other pokemon that set up or use items, when it uses Belly Drum it boosts it's Attack stat by a factor of 4. Thus giving Azumarill an attack stat of 1744, this is a stat of massive proportions, and to make it worse, if you slap a Life Orb onto it, you are taking a hit from a Priority move backed by an Attack stat of 2267.2 which isn't just going to scratch. Although Aqua Jet only has a base power of 40, being STAB it's brought up to 60, even though still rather weak, Azumarill's 2267.2 Attack stat is more than making or for it. Therefore, due to being over powered, this moveset is banned.

An more final rule, if you use a pokemon with illegitimate stats, you will be banned from any tournaments I host in the future, it's up to the other possible hosts if you can join their own tournaments, however.

As this tournament will be Standard Competitive battling, there will be NO pokemon that fall under the classification of Uber to be used on your team. Here is a list of Ubers for those that don't know which pokemon are included in the Ubers tier:
- Arcues
- Deoxys (Any form)
- Diagla
- Garchomp
- Giratina (Also any form)
- Groudon
- Ho-oh
- Kyogre
- Latios
- Lugia
- Manaphy
- Mew
- Mewtwo
- Palkia
- Rayquaza
- Shaymin-S
- Wobbuffet
- Wynaut

So as I said, any of the above pokemon are banned from Standard battle, and therefore, are also banned from this tournament. If a player either breaks one of the stated clauses or uses one of the pokemon stated, it will result in automatic disqualification. The reasoning behind these pokemon being banned is that their base stat's are naturally much higher than that of most pokemon found within the OU Tier or below (although some pokemon do have 1 stat that's high, like Blissey having that massive HP Stat. However, her other stats like Speed and Defense are much lower, therefore making an OU that can take part in the Uber environment). If I were to use a pokemon like Giratina in OU, not many pokemon are going to be breaking that down any time soon, same goes for Mewtwo, it's going to be smashing in the face of anything that stands in it's way in OU.

The Freeze Clause is open to discussion, I'm determined to leave it in as having two Pokemon could be crippling to a participants chances of winning, therefore, if this does occur (unlikely though), the two opponents will take part in a rematch. If I didn't include it people would complain if they lost due to having a 3rd of their team frozen, so that's the reason I'm including it.

A player can choose to swap pokemon around in their team if they wish, the only time this is not allowed is if two players have to rebattle, resulting from either the Freeze Clause or a discommunication (unless a player has reason to believe this was a delibrate disconnection).

Finally, if you wish to join this tournament, then leave a post stating so. :) Please leave your FC when you do so it's easier to register each other for our battles.

So far the competitors are:
Durion: FC - 1118 4282 1270
K4KING: FC - 3610 4117 5573
Kybyrian: FC - 4125 8051 0113
Hero of Time: FC - 2064-0100-2909
Ikana: FC - 2407 7378 7913
Master Kokiri 9: FC - 3610 3728 7305
Xinnamin: FC - 4383 4504 8944
Shnappy: FC - 3309 7387 2050
Kazumi: FC - 2364 7929 4609
Zenox: FC - 3352 6736 4112
MrMosley: FC - 3782 1823 1944
Josh: FC - 5284 7464 1075
Mases: FC - 1761 9325 3794
Ver-go-a-go-go: FC - Still need to get this...
Brandikins: FC - 2622 5510 8898

Last edited:
I'm in. But the limit of basically no legendaries really sucks. I have a bunch of those lvl 100:(. Anyway, when is the tournament?

Ikana

Trollkastel
I'm in I don't mind much for the rules since I haven't broke any.If I not in the room that probably means I forgot or forfeit. Well here is my Friend code HG2407-7378-7913 Name is Ikana

Kybyrian

Maybe we should include our Friend Codes in the registration so it can easier to register each other. All battles will also be Lv. 100 Singles.

Mine is 4125 8051 0113

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Count me in. I'll probably have to do a ton of training in order to do anything (I still don't have any Pokemon beyond level 79 in SS :lol:), but I will enter. My friend code will be up on the Friend Code Thread very soon.

EDIT: Good idea Kybrian. My SS friend code is 3610 3728 7305

And thus, I return to the Pokemon League to grind. Joy, oh joy.

EDIT: Thanks for the advice Kybrian. And don't worry about making a team for me, I think I have a good one right now anyways.

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I'm in, I'll be using my Platinum (Friend code: 4383 4504 8944). If I get lucky maybe I can get SS before this starts, but that's wishful thinking on my part.

Kybyrian

Master Kokiri, you won't need level 100 Pokemon to participate. Wi-Fi automatically puts all of your Pokemon to level 100.

Also, this is a competitive tournament, so if you want, I am free to create teams for you if you feel you don't have the time/don't know how to do it. You can send me a private message with your details.

If you decide to let me do this, the following form must be used:

Code:
{Pokemon} @ {Item}
{Ability}
{Nature}
{EVs} - If you don't know what EVs(Effort Values) are, then you can refer to a site such as 
Serebii.net to figure out what these are. 4 EVs in a stat boost the stat by 1 point. You can
 have a max of 252 EVs in one stat with a total of 510 EVs. These numbers must be divisible
 by 4 to have the desired affect. 
{Moveset}

Ikana

Trollkastel
usually it would put you at lv100 if you made the right rules it does when I play with my friend.My highest level is at 64 but if you make the right rules it should go to lv 100.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Ooops. O forgot to add my FCs. I have Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Soulsilver and Heartgold. You may nee to make a LOT of space.

For the match I'll use my Heartgold Version. Here it is.

Name: Lyra
Friend Code: 3610 4117 5573

Just for reference, I'll add my other FCs

For my SoulSilver
Name: Kenji
FC: 1419 6646 2894

For my Platinum
FC: 3395 3090 2935

For my Diamond
FC: 1763 2214 8857

For my Pearl
Name: DAWN
FC: 3609 2393 9091

Yes, Some of my games, like My HG and Pearl, I use the female Character. The reason behind it is to balance. :P If diamond is a guy, then Pearl is a girl. If SS is a guy, then my HG is a girl. Enough Said

Kazumi

chagy
Alright then. I will definitely be joining the party. Prepare to be mildly overwhelmed, but still be able to beat me with relative ease.

Kazumi: 2364 7929 4609

Hey guys, we will start the tournament as soon as we establish at least 12 people, if more people wish to join though we can boost this to 16 people, but after that, any one else wanting to join will have to wait incase someone else can't take part. An example being K4 due to Wi-fi problems.

I'll compete, I'll need to grab my friend code, and because your first post was so detailed (because of that I didn't read it all) likely you answered this, but is it Level 50 all, or will it be anything goes, as my Pokemon aren't all level 100 and I don't think it would be fair level 70's against 100's.

EDIT: My friend code is 3352 6736 4112
I may decide to drop out for numerous reasons. One, while most of my Pokemon are above level 50, the team I will use won't be all level 50, so I'm training them. I may not have them trained enough in time and may embarrass myself, so will drop out. Also, if it's an anything goes tournament, then I won't compete, I won't have all of my Pokemon level 100 in time for sure.

Last edited:

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I'm Dury's assistant (Sort of..)

Anyway, When connecting to wifi, all pokemon can be increased to level100 in an instant. or can be lowered to lvl 50. Though it is only for a battle.
And of course just follow the rules above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom