• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Durion's Official Pokemon Tournament!

I'll compete, I'll need to grab my friend code, and because your first post was so detailed (because of that I didn't read it all) likely you answered this, but is it Level 50 all, or will it be anything goes, as my Pokemon aren't all level 100 and I don't think it would be fair level 70's against 100's.

EDIT: My friend code is 3352 6736 4112
I may decide to drop out for numerous reasons. One, while most of my Pokemon are above level 50, the team I will use won't be all level 50, so I'm training them. I may not have them trained enough in time and may embarrass myself, so will drop out. Also, if it's an anything goes tournament, then I won't compete, I won't have all of my Pokemon level 100 in time for sure.

As myself and K4KING have stated, for this tournament all battles with be level 100 singles, all levels will be set automatically by the Wifi, so all you need to worry about it getting the correct pokemon to be EV trained and have the correct Movesets. This is because the Wifi mode can put your pokemon to level 100 with the stats that they will have, taking EV's into consideration to, thus your team will be at it's full potential.

I also believe that Mases will be willing to participate in the Tournament, if I'm correct then that leaves just one more contender to join, I've asked MrMosley who has a near excellent team, I only beat him due to a bit of luck, although he nearly beat me because of that to, so I think it would be great to have him participate.

---------- Post added 05-13-2010 at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-12-2010 at 05:22 PM ----------

Hey guys, just to say, that if no more people show there interest in the next couple of hours, we will start the battles, I will choose peoples names from something and produce the matches for the first round. Sorry for the double post, and before we can start, I want to get Mases and MrMosley's FC's.

Shnappy

derp
I figure I should just post in this thread to confirm my being in-ness of this tourney, even though my FC is already put up there and I'm technically already registered.

Durion... my FC is 3782 1823 1944... Make sure to PM me when you get ready or whatever. I'll try to be around to get it. Been a bit busy with homework and finals lately but I should be good to go whenever in the next couple of days.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
My Friend Code is 1761 9325 3794

Few questions/comments

-1. Can we switch our teams throughout the tournament or is it same set of 6?
-2. Do you guys care if I use a Groudon on my team? He's an 'Uber', but he's a favorite of mine. If used alongside some Mases regulars such as Nidoking, Spiritomb, Vileplume, Articuno, etc... who are labeled as 'under used', would that be okay? If not, that's okay, I have most the same pokemon as most the people here anyway, but it's fun to diversify :) . (I do get sick of seeing Metagross, Heatran, Salamence, Gengar, Gyardos, etc... all the time)

I don't battle too often, but when I do, I can do 3-4 in a row. Perhaps even broadcast them for others to watch as well.

Today, I'm officially starting the Pokemon Tournament, I've decided that for each round, you have 4 days to get in touch with your opponent, if you however, can not do so, then whoever is to blame will be disqualified, e.g. someone not being one for the entire 4 days while the opponent is.

Once you have battled your opponent one time in the first round, you will post who ever wins and go through (with the exception of Ver-go and his opponent, who both skip a round if they win, so that will be best out of 3). Once we get to the second round, best of 3 battles will commence, once again, post who won 2 of the matches, thus, they will go through to the next round. If you lose, you still have to post that you did so.

Finally, here are the battles between competitors:

pokemontournament.jpg

I will post some prizes later on in the tournament for the over all winner, who ever came second, and then who reached the quarter finals.

Last edited:
My Friend Code is 1761 9325 3794

Few questions/comments

-1. Can we switch our teams throughout the tournament or is it same set of 6?
-2. Do you guys care if I use a Groudon on my team? He's an 'Uber', but he's a favorite of mine. If used alongside some Mases regulars such as Nidoking, Spiritomb, Vileplume, Articuno, etc... who are labeled as 'under used', would that be okay? If not, that's okay, I have most the same pokemon as most the people here anyway, but it's fun to diversify :) . (I do get sick of seeing Metagross, Heatran, Salamence, Gengar, Gyardos, etc... all the time)

I don't battle too often, but when I do, I can do 3-4 in a row. Perhaps even broadcast them for others to watch as well.

You'll have to ask your opponent, K4, if he will allow you to, personally, I wouldn't xD but that's up to him.

For your first question, as stated in the first post, yes, you can switch your team around but not under some circumstances, basically, if it's a rematch, then no, but for every other battle it's fine.

Finally, Zenox, Kybyrian has already offered to help create pokemon for people, so you can just ask him if you want. Otherwise yes, you will be using hand made pokemon against his. :P

Kazumi

chagy
Oh come on. I have to fight Shnappy? This is unfair. I demand compensation. I have never beat Shnappy before. He better not be on for the next four days..

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I'm fine with that Mases. It's cool. I'll anyway, if I can't connect within an hour, I officially forfeit. I'm still having Wifi- problems. -__-

I don't see a reason for not using a favorite anyway. Have fun with it. :P Hopefully I won't disconnect and suddenly collapse during the match.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
So...my first real battle in who knows how long and I'm up against Durion. Should be interesting, hope I don't fail completely lol

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
For the Opening Match:

MASES VS K4KING!

Winner: Mases

Details:

K4 and Mases were battling on Skype, K4 kept disconnecting...till the round came in! Then it got disconnected...again. On the second try, the match went on! Kenji used his last pokemon, Scizor against Mases' Roserade. Then the battle got disconnected, again. The reason of the Disconnection was K4. His router turned off and was smoking. Literally.

So K4 forfeited. He lost. and therefore.....MASES WINS THE 1ST ROUND! Congratulations!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom