• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think the "key" Tells More Than We Think?

hi people

I has been watching the GDC trailer again and again (recently, I cant stop watching it <3)

and then, suddenly I noticed something

goldensnake.png

maybe many already noticed it is not just an strange form, it is representing some kind of snake, it seems the mythological kind of snake, or whatever you would call it

I am not taking this completely serious, but it certainly makes me wonder...

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
It kind of looks like a serpentine Chinese Dragon. Notice the face bears some resembelance to the Dragons of Chinese mythology it has the smile, the frills on his head, and the patterns all on his body. What could it mean for the dungeon, well Chinese Dragons symbolize power, sterngth, and good luck. Also Chinese Dragons also have the power to control water, which could mean that this could be a Water Temple of sorts. Also I could be thinking to indepth, and Nintendo could have made a Dragon key to look cool, I honestly don't know, we just have to wait until it is released.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The theorist inside of me wants to argue that it has some importance, but I just don't tink so. I think it's just made to look cool. The area were they show this "key" seems to have a redish hue to it, so I think that it will be in the fire temple, wich we have seen plenty of in Skyward Sword's trailers. In the shots we have of this dungeon, we see a lot of faces and heads sculpted around the places, so maybe it's some sort of place of tribute... Now I'm just rambling! To answer your question, no, I do not think this "key" tells us more than we think.

thanks for the reply, pretty much, i has tough the same as you guys, it may be nothing, it can be related to the dungeon or the boss, also, chinese dragons came to my mind too

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The GDC trailer actually shows two key doors, though only one key. Here's the one you have pictured:
firesymbol2.png
(ignore the red triangle)

and here's the other one:
relicsymbol1.png
(ignore the rectangles and IGN clutter)
(these were taken from my symbol analysis)

The second lock is obviously a different shape, so will its key be a differently-shaped dragon, or a different creature? I have no opinion yet.

The GDC trailer actually shows two key doors, though only one key. Here's the one you have pictured:
firesymbol2.png
(ignore the red triangle)

and here's the other one:
relicsymbol1.png
(ignore the rectangles and IGN clutter)
(these were taken from my symbol analysis)

The second lock is obviously a different shape, so will its key be a differently-shaped dragon, or a different creature? I have no opinion yet.

I totally tried to click play. >.<

Also, this is awesome! I hope there is a Volvagia type boss, but in a different dungeon. If it were in a wind dungeon, and it blew wind instead of fire, it would be awesome. Something similar to that.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Wow Locke, your one observant fellow! I hope this is featured in all the game's dungeons, as it would add an extra layer of difficulty to the game. As long as it doesn't become over-repetetive and boring, this is a great Wii motion Pus feature!

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I say we shouldn't assume that the key doesn't mean anything. I'm not what you'd call a theorist but I think there must be something to it. Taking into account that at this point we know next to nothing about the game, we should wait to see if it has something to do with the dungeon, the boss or even the whole region where that place is.

I think it's just a key, and every dungeon will have a different key.
I do like the thought of actually doing something to get to the boss, instead of just entering the room.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I think the point in the Key being shaped the way it is, is going to be a new way of adding structure and linearity to the temples. Instead of us only being able to access one locked door at a time, now I think specific keys will only fit specific locks. So we'll have to find the exact key for each door to be able to progress through the temple. This is an interesting idea, but could easily become pretty tedious pretty fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom