• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think That Skyward Sword Will Ruin the Zelda Series?

Handheld games were awesome, and skyward sword looks like it will be great. This thread is kind of pointless, because you can't predict how a game is unless you've fully played it. Do you remember what a lot of people thought of WW before it was out?

EDIT: well, ST is awesome, at least.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The first Zelda game that I played was the Ocarina of Time on N64 and I absolutely loved it but it seems that as time has progressed the games have deminished in both content and story. I have been a Zelda fan for a long time and I would just hate it if this game kills the name Zelda for future Zelda fans.

Just post your thoughts of the possible outcome of the game.

I think if you could get over Ocarina of Time, which has been improved upon in all 3D Zelda games to come after it, then you'll be able to enjoy every game more. I am not trying to be mean or anything, I just want everybody to enjoy the games.

I think that Skyward Sword will revitalise the series, by refreshing it's elements that have been around for too long. By refreshing I don't mean take out or completely change said elements, just make them interesting for long time fans. Aonuma himself has said that if they make drastic changes to the series they might ruin it, so rest assured, Eiji and his team know what they are doing.

Another thing to think about, is have you ever played a Zelda game that was "bad", or even close to such? And keep in mind that "bad" doesn't mean the game is Ocarina of Time.

MightyGhirahim

WORSHIP ME!!!
Nintendo knows what it is doing, I extremely doubt that it will "ruin" the zelda series, if they do it right it will probably change the whole zelda formula, since it is supposed to be different than the basic dungeon concept.

I dont see how there was a diminish in story in the games after oot, in fact TWW's story telling was far better then OOT.

As for Twilight princess, I think if it had a stronger beginning people wold think differently of it, the game just kind of jumped into the plot....as far as the portables, I enjoyed them, I dont think its fair to compare the console experience to the portable experience, very few games that have console counterparts can outshine them 9with the exception of MGS Peacewalker)

P

Purehalo59

Maybe if the game had realistic graphics you would think differently.
I think that this would be right. The graphics look.....childish and for me the graphics of a game play a big part in my overall expectation of the game. Ganes that use this kind of colouring are aimed at a younger audience. I'm actually quite inerested how the music will turn out in SS. I am a big sucker for music in Zelda games, even PH and ST had awesome musical tracks that I would play through the game just to listen to them again.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I think that this would be right. The graphics look.....childish and for me the graphics of a game play a big part in my overall expectation of the game. Ganes that use this kind of colouring are aimed at a younger audience. I'm actually quite inerested how the music will turn out in SS. I am a big sucker for music in Zelda games, even PH and ST had awesome musical tracks that I would play through the game just to listen to them again.

That's why my 18 year old goth cousin who listens to death metal thinks Wind Waker is the best video game ever. What you say about the graphics are not true, especially since one of your main complaints about the graphics (based on your post) seems to be about the simple facts that the game is beatifully coloured. If you want a dark game, go obsess over Twilight Princess a bit.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I think that this would be right. The graphics look.....childish

I'm not sure how this argument functions. Do you feel insecure about playing a game intended for everyone? Or do you feel you can't take the game seriously? The models in this game are more realistic than Wind Waker and thus serious moments will feel serious rather than silly, if that reassures you.

Last edited:
Wow i still cannot believe that people are still making a fuss over the graphics. The graphics in the game aren't everything, i didn't say you said that but it is what it seems.. As i said before and i'm sure many other people have said it, the graphics could be the most realistic graphics but the game can still suck. If you're that worried about the graphics then you shouldn't even play Zelda because the graphics change each game. All i'm saying is if you hate Skywards Sword's graphics because they are not realistic then you should play a mindless game such as Call of Duty.

Now to go on topic I think Skyward Sword will not ruin the series for it is very hard to tarnish the good name of Zelda. Each and every game has been great in their own way i cannot speak for the "Raer Selda games" but i can for the main ones. It seems that Skyward Sword is going to be the best, if not, one of the best Zelda games.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
CoD isn't mindless, it's very well structured and there is a clear objective: defeat the enemy team.

And like Atheistbigred said, it's really hard to tarnish the Zelda name. Even the Raer Seldas are good - the cutscenes in my opinion provide the best laughs out of the entire series thus far.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
First off, I do no think that any of the Zelda games have diminished in content or story. If anything, they have gotten better. I do not see why Skyward Sword would ruin Zelda at all. The creators at Nintendo wouldn't release a bad Zelda. The game looks great, and its been worked on and perfected. It could be even superior to OoT for all we know! I have been given no evidence to lead me to believe that SS will be bad, or ruin the Zelda series.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Skyward Sword's graphics are awsome! Anyone who dissagrees is... different.

P

Purehalo59

No one has to agree or disagree with what I'm saying. It is my point of view and I just wanted to see everyone elses thought on the matter. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

And maybe I should have reworded the title a bit - "What are your thought on the possible outcome of SS in relation to the Zelda series."

Oh and Atheistbigred, I do play COD just to let you know XD.

Personally, Majora's Mask was my favorite, and it was a little too short, but it didn't ruin elda for me. It's STILL my favorite!

Twilight Princess was really hard, I didnt finish it (rented it from blockbuster), but I don't hate Zelda now.

Phantom Hourglass, it was ok, I finished it, it was fun, not the best, but it didn't ruin the Zelda franchise for me.

Maybe you don't wanna listen to me, cuz I've only been a fan since last year, when I got a magazine about it. That magazine changed my thought on those "stupid games": that's right, I'm talking about the Nintendo Power Legend of Zelda Collector's Special (I haz the Mario one, too!) Anyways, regardless of how long I've been a fan, I don't like most of the Zelda games I've played. But that doesn't mean Skyward Sword will ruin the Zelda series like it didn't with the rest of the games that weren't as good.

~Linkanon~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom