• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think and Want the Hero of Time to Return?

Do you think and want the hero of time to return?

I do cause it could be about link finding navi again and it can take place in termin and hyrule so what do you guys think?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Yaa I would really enjoy another game featuring the Hero of Time, and I do want him to return but I don't think it will happen this time... Maybe further down the road we will learn what become of our first 3D Link. But for the time being I think TP Link is gunna take the spotlight, and then.. who knows.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I started a thread like this called nastalgic Link (yes I spelled it wrong) and I would like to see our blond hero return. To me, he IS the legend of Zelda.

I dunno. Ocarina of Time was a great game, but especially with the addition of the story of Majora's Mask, the Hero of Time's tale is kind of complete. Adding more is definitely possible (and could be done extremely well), but it's kind of unnecessary, IMO, since other stories could be told.

And I don't personally see it happening with Zelda Wii. We've heard about it not being a sequel to Twilight Princess. It's true it could be prequel and relate to the Hero of Time, but somehow I don't think that's what they meant. I doubt it's going to be related to any existing stories. I think it'll be stand-alone, which'll be nice for a change. That's kind of how the series always worked until recently, stand-alone, individual stories, so I would love to see more of that again. :)

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I wouldn't want it to happen. It's been too long since the last game starring the Hero of Time, and I think one of the things that time does to a loved character is immortalize and idealize him. Through all the nostalgic references we've had of OoT Link in other games, he's really become more of a Legend at this point, a heroic but long-gone figure to idealize. To put him into a new game, I think, could never do him any justice now that his story has been established as such a Legend within Zelda canon. It would be bringing a revered figure onto the mortal realm once more where things could go terribly wrong.

There are always complaints, in any series, that a sequel doesn't match the quality of the original. While this really doesn't apply with great relevancy to Zelda, where we typically love story sequels, we can still apply the general idea: direct sequels are always in immediate danger of hurting the original concept. What I'm trying to say is that at this point in time, I don't think Nintendo could possibly add anything greater to the Hero of Time's story. There's only room for a fall now, and I would never want anything to remotely tarnish the Hero of Time's image. I will say MM did add wonderfully to OoT Link's story, but the chances of another brilliant idea that would perfectly augment the Hero of Time's image are low, and I for one don't want to risk seeing a Legend like him "fall from grace" so to speak.

I hope I don't sound like I'm rambling. :sweat:

Austin

Austin
And I don't personally see it happening with Zelda Wii. We've heard about it not being a sequel to Twilight Princess. It's true it could be prequel and relate to the Hero of Time, but somehow I don't think that's what they meant. I doubt it's going to be related to any existing stories. I think it'll be stand-alone, which'll be nice for a change. That's kind of how the series always worked until recently, stand-alone, individual stories, so I would love to see more of that again. :)
It's been confirmed that it isn't a sequel to TP? Cause that makes the most sense to me at the moment, Link left at the end of TP and Zelda Wiki claims that the Link in Zelda Wii is going to be the oldest Link yet, and considering that he was already 17 in TP, it'd make a lot of sense.

But to address the topic, I don't think the Hero of Time will return, although I would like him to. I guess I just doubt that they'd wait so long to make another game with him.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Yes and no. The Hero of Time was absolutely terrific, and in my opinion, the most epic hero Hyrule has ever seen (WW Link doesn't count since he wasn't a hero to Hyrule per say). And I'd really love to see the Hero of Time's search for Navi continue.

On the other hand, I also feel that the Hero of Time has had his limelight and it's now time for new Links to take the spotlight. More incredible Links should definately get to take the stage.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I dunno.... Link's story...the Hero of Time's story I should say was great, but it's pretty much completed. We don't know what happened after MM, but I think a simple cutscene would be enough. I don't think an entire game dedicated to the Hero of Time is required again. I admit that I wouldn't mind looking at that piece of Adult Link eye candy once more, but there really isn't any need for him in another game. He's had his fame and glory, and I think other Links are deserving of some screen time.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
The hero of time idea is good, but if they brought it back then they'd have to add on more story, and then it would be complicated. it would be cool if he kept on going with his heroyness. he's been the hero of - time, races, the termanainans, hyrule, spirits, trains, size, winds, ages, seasons, masks?, twili, and wolves? but they could now make him - the hero of pain, the hero of awesomeness, the hero of guitars (a guitar hero, if you will) and a hero of green tunics

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom