• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think a Regenerating Health System Would Work in Zelda?

Honestly, from the name of the title.. I instantly thought of pokemon where you would go to Nurse Joy to restore your pokemon's energy ahaha.

L

Lord of Storms

Well in SS, you don't automatically regenerate, but Fi literally flips out and constantly reminds you of your impending doom. Also, SS has random seats and benches meant to heal the hero at his most needed areas. Thank Hylia's innovation for that one.

I've been so used to the heart system...and I the only game I've played really with regenerative health is Duke Nukem Forever ololololo

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
It'd be nice, but I think a game even better suited for it would be Kid Icarus Uprising. The health pickups were kind of limited in my opinion.

I second that. It would've made the gameplay much smoother.

For me, I am not a big battle person when it comes to games, so the dificulty is already good enough, but it's a good idea for. A challenge down the road.

Last edited:
No, I dont think I would like a regenerating health thing. I like finding hearts, fairies etc. I found the sitting on a stool in skyward sword kinda silly, too close to regnerating health. I guess it replaces fairy fountain but ya I didnt like it too much.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I personally don't like it. I like being able to find heart pieces to increase my health and to be able to find hearts to refill it when I'm low. I like the challenge of it.

Mmm...maybe as a power up or something. When you think about it regenerating health really isn't a realistic avenue to regain power; I'm actually not sure why so many modern games do it.

I think it'd be a great idea if it is properly regulated and not used excessively. Perhaps there could be an item or ability to regenerate health, but an entire system based on it would be disastrous in an adventure like Zelda, especially seeing as many fans are finding the series lacking in difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom