• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Consider Using Walkthroughs Cheating?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well, I only needed walkthroughs to play Zelda games, and for most of the games, I just use it here and there when I get stuck occasionally. I don't consider that cheating. But for the original LoZ, I used a video walkthrough the whole game, and I consider that cheating. If you ask me to do the game without a walthrough, I wouldn't be able to. But for MM for example, I used it somewhere the first time I completed the game, but now I can do the game alone.

Danlo

Daniel
If you use it for something small because you are really stuck in a game then It shouldn't be considered cheating, but if you use it for everything then it is kind of cheating. But thats why they were created, to help.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I only use them when I am REALLY stuck and after I've beat a game and I want to find something (for example: a heart piece) I like buying guides when they are really cheap. I got one for Super Mario 64 at a garage sale for $1

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I use them sometimes, but only when I'm really stuck in a game and have tried everything I can. I tend to use them mostly on Tomb Raider games or the Metroid Prime games. And no I do not really consider it to be cheating, cheat codes is cheating. But I don't really look at guides, I usually look at Youtube videos but only when I'm really stuck and don't feel like wasting anymore time with frustration.

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
Well I don't think it's cheating, alot of reasons were posted already, if you're stuck hopelessly, then it is definitely not cheating, if it's a multiplayer game, then it's definitely cheating. On a somewhat related note, I'll try to beat Skyward Sword without any kind of walkthrough, and then use some guides to get optional stuff, I do this with most Zelda games.

Thats usually how I do my Zelda games on the first run through. I usually can figure out a Zelda game, not all of course. I mainly use a guide/walkthrough to reference where to find heart pieces or whatever else might be in the game. OoT is the only one I can honestly say I can play through and still get a 100% of everything from memory.....sad.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Walkthroughs aren't cheating. But that's depending on how you use them. If you use them only for a part that you're really sstuck on and you can't figure out how to get past it, then that would be OK. But if you use a walkthrough for every part of the game before even trying, then some might consider that as cheating.

Kybyrian

I believe it sort of like cheating if you're constantly using it. There are many people that look up a walkthrough and use it the entire game, without even trying to solve the puzzles for themselves. There is a ton more enjoyment if you play through a game without using a walkthrough, or with only using it few times. I think that it is justified if you use it in a spot where you are really stumped, but constantly for everything there is no excuse for, in my opinion. I only use walkthroughs on some games that I don't really care about all that much, and usually only when I'm really stuck. There will be the rare occasion that I play an Xbox 360 game simply for Gamerscore and follow a guide on it, though.

Well if you do use walkthroughs all the time i will call it "Cheating",But if you use it if your really stuck Then i think its ok if you use walkthroughs.

i don't think it's cheating. the game is meant for you to enjoy, no matter how you do it. if it's a single player game then it's not cheating, but if you watch them about a multiplayer game and it helps you overcome the other player, then yes, it is cheating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom