• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Din's Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tmiln15

i have got the fire medallion and i am up to the ice temple. where and how do i get dins fire:dry:

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
This should be in the game help section. Anyways, you get Din's Fire by blowing up the rock in the field in front of Hyrule Castle, and playing Zelda's Lullaby in the Great Fairy's Fountain. In order to get Fire Arrows, you must complete the Water Temple. Then, stand on the island in the middle of Lake Hylia and when it is morning, shoot at the sun with your Fairy Bow. The Fire Arrows will appear on another island.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Okay, you get Din's Fire from a Great Fairy in the Castle Country Yard. But you can also use Fire Arrows by shooting at the sun from a certain spot towards the sun.
I thought Din's Fire was needed to enter the Shadow Temple.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
No, you need Din's Fire or Fire Arrows. They both work, but Din's Fire is prefered because of the Magic you save up.

Well I was just saying what the ZD walkthrough said. Look below, I took it straight from the walkthrough.

- To get to the Shadow Temple, you'll need the Nocturne of Shadow and the Lens of Truth. Become and adult again if you aren't already and when you're ready, teleport to the Graveyard using the Nocturne of Shadow, then go on down. Here, you have to stand on the circle platform and use Din's Fire to light all the torches. This is the only part in the game where it's actually required.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Just in case you're asking about Din's Fire thinking you need it in order to get through the ice blockades (the pinkish/reddish barriers) in the Ice Cavern, you don't. Those reddish Ice blockades can only be melted using Blue Fire, which you'll find in the Ice Cavern itself .. use a bottle to capture it from its fire source, and remember it can only be used once per bottle fill up. Any other obstacles made of ice can be taken care of with the sword opposed to (Din's) fire.

However, you do pretty much do need Din's Fire to complete the game (It may or may not be technically 100% required but it's definitely highly recommended for a couple spots and useful in a couple other spots), so be sure to get it anyway.

G

Glorian

Just in case you're asking about Din's Fire thinking you need it in order to get through the ice blockades (the pinkish/reddish barriers) in the Ice Cavern, you don't. Those reddish Ice blockades can only be melted using Blue Fire, which you'll find in the Ice Cavern itself .. use a bottle to capture it from its fire source, and remember it can only be used once per bottle fill up. Any other obstacles made of ice can be taken care of with the sword opposed to (Din's) fire.

However, you do pretty much do need Din's Fire to complete the game (It may or may not be technically 100% required but it's definitely highly recommended for a couple spots and useful in a couple other spots), so be sure to get it anyway.
Like the Forest section of Ganon's Castle, and The Shadow Temple entrance. I've never honestly tried doing those without it. D:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Yeah those torches burn out after a certain time if not all of them get ignited, so to do it with fire arrows you'd have to do very quick shooting and ignite multiple torches with 1 shot to get them all before they start burning out (especially all those Shadow Temple torches) ... but I do trust Ember Incubus when he says that it is possible to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom