• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Being on Two Systems Hurt This Game?

Depends on what you mean. I think it helped the sales. But if you're referring to the game itself (which I think you are), then...

Yes, I believe it hurt the game.

Not the fact that it was pushed back. In fact, I think it needed to be pushed back more. The game was rushed; it needed more time. I also have a personal issue with the Wii version in that it mirrored the game. It seems silly and pointless to me, and I don't like it that it's a change from how the game was intended. It's one of the prime reasons I got the GC version.

The time they had to take preparing the game for both systems to me is time they could have spent on improving the game. But there's another aspect. With how long they took to release it, it would have probably hurt sales to release it on only one. With the timing of the release, they kind of had to do both consoles. But I think that in order to perfect the game more, they probably should have waited longer and made it a Wii exclusive.

So, I think it helped the sales, but hurt the game itself.

I think that it hurt the Wii more than it hurt the game. The fact that Zelda fans wouldn't have to go out and buy a Wii to play Twilight Princess probably hurt sales a little far the Console. As far as hurting the game. I don't think so. It probably helped the game a bit because fans who did not yet own a Wii could have purchased the game for the GameCube.

If it hurt anything, it was the controls. The full use of the Wii and the Wii remote could have drastically changed the gameplay of TP. That's why I enjoy thinking about what the next Zelda title for the Wii will be like. After seeing the simplified controls of PH and the upcoming ST, are they going to do something similar with the Wii? That is what interests me.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
it could've hurt the game because the controlls are hard to get used to when your used to holding one controller and not moving around so much especially in battle

Shnappy

derp
It didn't hurt anything. Rather, I think it helped. It generally increased the sales of the game. Although, if someone had just beaten the game on the Wii, it might be hard for them to adjust to the Gamecube, because since Link is right handed in the Wii version the whole game is flipped. I enjoy Gamecube Controls more than Wii controls in the case of a Zelda game, even though I've only played TP on the Wii. Though, a lot of people are not like me, and would like the Wii better, and might not have bought TP if it hadn't been ported to the Wii. I think there's probably only a select few people that would make a difference between buying the game or not buying it because of console, but hey, there are some people like it, so it probably sold more than it would if it was just on the Gamecube.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
It didn't hurt the game at all. If anything, it helped it. The Zelda team knew that Wii would be much bigger than Gamecube so they decided to release it on the wii, too. Other than that, it didn't affect it in anyway.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I do not think it hurt the game because it was still pretty hard. Also I think it alowed more people to play it.

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
Yeah, it let the people who didn't have Wii yet, get their chance to play it. And it also gave people who HAVE/HAD the Wii the chance to swing their swords around and stab the tv instead of throwing the Wii Remote at it (or do as my little sister, and strike the ceiling)...

I have this game on GC, and I don't think it takes away from the other.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I didn't hurt anybody by it being on two systems they prolbaby made it that way so poeple who couldn't afford a Wii could play it on the console they already have.:nerd::thinking:

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
No. Those who wanted to experience the game as it was truly meant to be played (without the Wiimote) enjoyed GC version, while those who wanted a new Zelda experience got the Wii version. It helped the game, if anything.

I pre-ordered this game, about a year and a half to two years before it actually came out (due to the postponing). Ordered it for game cube and about a 6 months before the final release date, I got a call from EB asking me if I wanted to switch my order from GC version to Wii Version, as it was now official it was coming out for two systems.

In my mind it did hurt Twilight Princess. The game was designed and intended to be played on the game cube. The controls were set up to be the new norm that OoT had set in place for us with the Action button, and sword, with c-button/stick options. It was really the new standard for item use since the 2-d games.

The Wii version, was a let down. And I found the the whole wii experience to be frustrating as the controls were not very precise or easy to initiate. And at that point of playing I was no longer a newb to the wii, either. The controls were just lousy, which took away from the playing experience. The only euphoria a Zelda user would get from the wii version was the idea of using their brand new console to play it on.

If anything TP helped sales of the Wii go up, because the promised new experience was there. Having the game out for two consoles really only compromised the game.

May the wii motion+ help strengthen the controls of future Zelda games, and give us a new Zelda experience with precision.

S

Seanileus

Hopefully hurt the Wii version.

Doesn't matter though, the game still sucked anyway.
It was just better on the Gamecube, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom