• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deku Scrubs in Future Installments

Would you like deku's to appear in future games?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
Hey. Does anybody hope deku/scrubs will show up again sometime? I sure do. Well, specifically I hope they return as more of a particular race, like in majora's mask. As in one that's not just some random creature you see sometimes, but one that has some role in the game's storyline. Deku's are a little more than a "random creature", but they weren't very important in your adventure, like gorons, zora's, etc. I think they are very cool, especially considering they usually only are there to sell you stuff.

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
Deku's haven't made much of an appearance in any game besides MM. I would agree I would like to see the Deku's play a "real" role in the storyline again. Maybe they'll be in Spirit Tracks? There is a forest like dungeon. Or maybe they'll put 'em in the next Zelda for the Wii? Which I doubt, but it would look interesting to see what the Deku's would look like. You know like the change in the Zora's and Gorons?

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I really do wish they'd make a return. I thought they were so cute, especially the princess in Majora's Mask. I think that since they've put so much detail and information into other races commonly seen (Zora, Goron, etc), they owe the Deku Scrubs some more depth and screentime. And, if there is going to be a forest (there always is), then there is an opportunity for Nintendo to give them some of the spotlight.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I would like for Deku Scrubs to show up in future Zelda games. I feel like they should be included in Zelda and not just as creatures that sell you supplies in the game. The way that I want them to appear in the game is how they did in MM. I loved how Deku Scrubs played a big role in the game and how you got to see how their lives are like (although the way that those dekus lived may not be the same way that the Hylian ones do).

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
the deku srubs really should make a comeback... it would be nice to see different races other than the core three (hylian, goron, and zora) i think it would be nice to see the gerudo too and maybe even a kokiri comeback as well... i vote yes

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
The Deku "King" in Majoras Mask is in my "Hall of Fame" of memorable characters in the World of Zelda/Link. What makes him so interesting would be his impulsiveness, his hasty decisions and his temper. Such a personality can be dangerous I know but in a game it´s kind of "charmy" (I would say in lack of a more extensive vocabulary). If they could add a character like the Deku King in a future Zelda game I wouldn´t mind seeing some scrubs in it.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I really liked the way they were used in MC. They were ruthless business-men that were essential to the story line. I loved how the one which you encounter on the way to Hyrule castle actually makes you feel sympathetic. So, yeah, I'd like to see a return.

Shnappy

derp
Deku's haven't really caught my interest as much as say, Gorons and Zoras, but whether or not they should appear, I'm not sure. I guess it really depends on where and when the story takes place for the particular Zelda game, a place where Deku's can survive and a time where they aren't extinct (if they actually go extinct, I'm not sure). Other than that, I don't really care. They haven't really affected the game much other than MM in my eyes.

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
Yes, they should. Remember how much they could do in MM (well not that much)? If nintendo enhanced those powers and made an interesting setting Deku Scrubs could become great! Maybe one should be the new Navi!

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
They should come back in some way or form, just not really the way they were. They're an awkward looking race, and their squeaks are a tad annoying. If Nintendo did decide to bring them back in a future installment, they would have to do a big overhaul on them. Changing their outer appearance, and their voices.

I would like to see Deku's make a return and for you to somehow be able to enter their little Kingdom and explore, This would allow for interacting with with the Deku Civilisation and therefore you would be able to find out about the Deku's history and about their Monachy.

I would like to see this with all three tribes actually, I want to know about their history and about wars each respective race has been involved in.

What I would like to see though is a Zelda much like in TP when you get help from the gang (lol) that are set on defeating Ganondorf, Maybe the Deku's could help you get in or distract guards. It would be pretty fun to see and cool, I would enjoy seeing this.

I think the Deku race needs to make more of a role in the Zelda's much like the Goron's and Zelda's already do, They are a cool clan, I liked how you could talk to the King in Majora's Mask and it was funny when his daughter got angry with what he was doing to the monkey.

I do agree with Swift on them though, I would prefer to see Deku's that looked much like Deku Link did in MM, He looked way way cooler than any other Deku in any Zelda game, They only Deku's I would want to look different are the Royal Family. There squeeks were very annoying as well and could do with a change, If that happened I would love to see them appear in a future Zelda as more than just an enemy but a race on your side (Maybe after gaining their trust first though).

I would love for the Deku race to come back, but not just as normal enemies like they were in Ocarina of Time. Sure, some of them could be enemies, but I'd like it much better if they were like their Termina counterparts, functioning as an actual society with a King, citizens, and habitat. I thought it was also interesting in MM how the Dekus were accepted a normal race among other, just like the Zoras and Gorons, something that all of the other Zelda games have seemed to lack. I would also like for them to play a more major role in the story. In TP, for example, both the Gorons and Zoras play a big role in the game's unfolding story line (Ralis giving you the corral earring and Darbus opening the path to the Hidden Village are just a couple tiny examples), and I think the Deku could also be added in this way. Perhaps with a main character who would play a prominent role throughout the whole game. There just seems to be many opportunities, and I feel that the Deku race as a whole has been wasted and underused.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Deku's havent made many appearences as a main race, exept for in MM, it could be possible that they could return in future zelda games. It wouldd be great if they returned, then link could run around inside of their tiny villages and kingdoms...they could return as enemies in future games (deku scrubs). but hopefully as a main race.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I loved the Deku Scrubs. The thing is, if there are people who don't want to see them then they should at least say that they want an explanation for their absence. It seems like there are games that feature them and games that don't and the games that don't do not give any explanation for them not being there. I want reasons!

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
We haven't seen anything of the deku scrubs for a long time, so I think that Nintendo will use them in the future. What I would like to know is what will they look like. I don't like them a lot, but they're a popular character and they are sure to appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom