• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Daylight Savings Time To Be Permanently Ended

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

It hasn't been passed yet, but if it does, will you be happy about it?

Personally, I think this is long overdue. However. However. I am absolutely livid that they chose the wrong side of it to keep. They are doing away with the real time and keeping the spring time with the added hour. That's stupid and I hate it. I hate the daylight hours of the spring time. The winter time with the un-added hour is how it was before DST was implemented iirc, and we should be returning to THAT, not this current time where the daylight hours suck. DST is a nuisance and no longer relevant, but they are keeping the side of it that sucks, and that sucks. Fall and winter, the best months of the year, won't feel the same anymore.

Reactions: Dio
I'd lowkey be bothered by it. People are too focused on themselves and whine about losing a measly hour of sleep that they are incapable of seeing a bigger picture. Sunlight is good for our mental health, and it honestly seems reasonable to set clocks to correspond to the change in daylight.

The cynic in me thinks it'll probably pass though.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I would personally prefer the other side of it as early sunrise would help me get out of bed earlier but if I didn't have to work I'd prefer it this way with the sun setting later

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
It'll probably pass. People are wusses and can't handle having their schedules thrown off two days out of the year. The idea of the mornings being really dark in the winter bothers me a lot. First off, it isn't safe, especially for kids going out to bus stops. Secondly, as frax pointed out, it's not good for you mentally. People already suffer from all kinds of depression from the lack of sunlight in the winter, having the mornings be darker longer isn't helping anyone. Overall I think it's better off how it is rn.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm not in the USA but I am jealous the clock changing is ending where you are. It is a dangerous practice which results in deaths from heart attacks and car crashes each year due to the hours loss of sleep.

Personally I hope that it happens here as well, though I'd prefer that the clocks stay as they are and never switch to daylight savings time.

If it's dark for children in the winter then have them start school an hour later. It is torturous to them anyway to force them to start their days so early.

I've never been an early waker, so I highly prefer the longer afternoons during daylight savings time. The sun setting at 8 PM during the summers is fantastic and part of the reason why summer is my favorite season. I also like Dio's proposal of school starting an hour later during winter to offset the darker mornings. People will be able to enjoy some sunlight after school or work in the winter with these changes instead of it being dark right away after they finish.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Its confusing (i know im permanently confused!) Cuz half the clocks change...so 1 clock says 9.00 another says 10.00 so which clock dya go for??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom