• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Combat in Future Games?

D

Deleted member 14134

Um... no. No, that's not how it works. Ubisoft both developed and published Watch Dogs without the aid of any other company. It's also a multiplat, so it can't be a Nintendo game. This is elementary logic. Besides, Watch Dogs isn't even out on the Wii U yet.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Umm, no Ubisoft has their exclusive digital platform UPlay. If this game was made solely by Ubisoft it would be exclusive to Uplay. The logic you're using suggests that it would make sense for the next Zelda to come out on the Playstation and Xbox as well. That would be a terrible business practice, selling your exclusive game on another companies system. Sorry man, that's just common sense.

HOT: 2
JJ: 0

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
AI definitely still has room for growing, even though it's seen an all-time high for the series, and I think Zelda 2015 likely has that covered. The footage we saw was actual gameplay, and that enemy chasing Link strategically cut him off by destroying a small bridge. That's pretty impressive.

I honestly don't think so. Could have been a miss-translation but part of the video didn't even have Link physically in it. I would like to say that might be a cutscene, or maybe the bridge destroying is a pre-programmed event but I don't think it is part of the AI.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
As long as combat is handled in a way that allows fluent freedom to use each weapon in a way that doesn't feel jagged and detached, then I'll be happy.

To add to this, make AI smart to the point where they are actually a threat. I'll admit that the AI in Skyward Sword was better, but a lot of people seem to forget that hardly any enemies where smart offensively, they were all smart in terms of defence. There's one thing wrong with focusing more so the defensive side and that's the fact that it becomes a one-way battle where the enemy is just delaying the inevitable. All threat is removed so to say. Nintendo needs to make sure that AI is smart on the offense as well, and quite frankly, that means quicker and more aggressive behaviour.

View attachment 35986

Before you say it's not Nintendo, it say "Wii U" on the cover. Wii U was made by nintendo, therefore this is a nintendo game.

HOT: 1
I really don't know why this made me laugh, lol.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Umm, no Ubisoft has their exclusive digital platform UPlay. If this game was made solely by Ubisoft it would be exclusive to Uplay. The logic you're using suggests that it would make sense for the next Zelda to come out on the Playstation and Xbox as well. That would be a terrible business practice, selling your exclusive game on another companies system. Sorry man, that's just common sense.

HOT: 2

???

Uplay isn't a platform, it's an online server owned by Ubisoft that branches across all actual platforms. You can purchase their games through it as a result, but it's not a system that you can actually play games on.

I repeat, Watch Dogs was developed and produced by Ubisoft alone and is a multiplat, and it is also currently not out on the Wii U. This is an irrefutable fact. Don't believe me? Just look it up.

HOT: Do your research before making wild claims
JJ: Don't try me

I honestly don't think so. Could have been a miss-translation but part of the video didn't even have Link physically in it. I would like to say that might be a cutscene, or maybe the bridge destroying is a pre-programmed event but I don't think it is part of the AI.

No, Aonuma explicitly said it was actual gameplay.

Source: Miiverse

Jamie

JuicieJ I would really like to know how I can control Link while he isn't even physically on the screen. Who knows what he meant by actual game play, he is Japanese after all he could have mistranslated it. It doesn't seem feasible for it to be actual gameplay due to the varying angles, some of them which Link is not even physically in the screen. Perhaps he meant it was an actual cut scene. Also, actual game play or not, I would like to wager that the bridge destruction was a preprogrammed event and not the result of intelligent AI. I can't see destruction of actual things in game as a realistic AI attack. Way too much would end up being destroyed by the end of the game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
JuicieJ I would really like to know how I can control Link while he isn't even physically on the screen. Who knows what he meant by actual game play, he is Japanese after all he could have mistranslated it. It doesn't seem feasible for it to be actual gameplay due to the varying angles, some of them which Link is not even physically in the screen. Perhaps he meant it was an actual cut scene. Also, actual game play or not, I would like to wager that the bridge destruction was a preprogrammed event and not the result of intelligent AI. I can't see destruction of actual things in game as a realistic AI attack. Way too much would end up being destroyed by the end of the game.

1) It's Miiverse. There's no way there's a mistranslation involved.

2) Have you ever heard of a developer's camera tool? How do you think cinematic angles are used when screenshots of games are shown off?

3) Destructible environments can be respawned after leaving an area.

Jamie

Call me a sceptic, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Jamie

I was on my phone at the time, but I'm not sure what you have to gain out of correcting a word in my post. Surely even if you have some sort of social issues as you described you can see why that comes off as condescending.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I want a perfected TP style combat system that flows well, has lots of skills, and uses clicky buttons. WHAT MORE DO YOU NEEEEEED?

Jamie

You sure didn't mind correcting me on catch-22. Irony. You gotta love it.

I also contributed a lot more beyond that, because you actually used the term incorrectly. Posting a single word that only corrected a spelling error really contributes nothing. Anyway I don't wish to derail this thread any further, so I'm done here.

D

Deleted member 14134

???

Uplay isn't a platform, it's an online server owned by Ubisoft that branches across all actual platforms. You can purchase their games through it as a result, but it's not a system that you can actually play games on.

I repeat, Watch Dogs was developed and produced by Ubisoft alone and is a multiplat, and it is also currently not out on the Wii U. This is an irrefutable fact. Don't believe me? Just look it up.

HOT: Do your research before making wild claims
JJ: Don't try me

In the imagine below it shows another Ubisoft exclusive, Starcraft 2. It says "Battlenet required, (I put a big red box around it so you wouldn't have trouble finding it) which as I said before is Ubisofts exclusive platform. No where there does it say "Wii U required."
3-0 Hot.jpg

See man, no one puts their exclusive games on other people's platforms. That's just a suicidal business practice. I finished high school with C's, I know what I'm talking about.

HOT: 3

(Time to score some points man, I really don't wanna shut you out.)

Jamie

It's looking sort of rough for you, JuicieJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom